Bought a mi mix 2 with chinese rom

Posted 5th Mar
I can't seem too find a option for WPS connect option,also I am having difficult connecting too the WiFi using the virgin media connect app when it finally connects the connection speeds really slow is there a particular reason this is happening or will it be due too Chinese version as it may possibly have different WiFi standards equipment.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Try 5ghz /2.4ghz if possible, disable bluetooth, test very near wifi, test signal strength etc, reboot phone, upgrade android if possible
colinged05/03/2020 16:25

Try 5ghz /2.4ghz if possible, disable bluetooth, test very near wifi, test …Try 5ghz /2.4ghz if possible, disable bluetooth, test very near wifi, test signal strength etc, reboot phone, upgrade android if possible

Can't find the setting for that,also its showing as WLAN instead of wifi
40049700.jpg
Is this the issue.
Edited by: "MynameisM" 5th Mar
Wlan is fine...it just stands for wireless local area network
It says obtaining ip address...do you actually get an ip address from the router?
colinged05/03/2020 19:15

It says obtaining ip address...do you actually get an ip address from the …It says obtaining ip address...do you actually get an ip address from the router?

It says failed to configure IP address or something like that after about 5 mins or asks for a password but the same app on another redmi note 4, works absolutely fine with the same WiFi connection and using the same app. I have switched that phones WiFi off incase that might be pulling the signal and still it doesn't work.
In this case I would look to assign a static ip to your phone as a test. Google how to find ip from your other phone, it will prob be something like 192.168.1.x where x changes...try a different address further up the range (say 80)
colinged05/03/2020 22:41

In this case I would look to assign a static ip to your phone as a test. …In this case I would look to assign a static ip to your phone as a test. Google how to find ip from your other phone, it will prob be something like 192.168.1.x where x changes...try a different address further up the range (say 80)

I don't fully understand how too do this and what too do with this information
colinged05/03/2020 22:41

In this case I would look to assign a static ip to your phone as a test. …In this case I would look to assign a static ip to your phone as a test. Google how to find ip from your other phone, it will prob be something like 192.168.1.x where x changes...try a different address further up the range (say 80)

40053261-BQK2J.jpgIs it this one and how do it change it what will happen if I change it.
Is that a shot from the mi mix2? That screenshot is showing that the device has received an ipv6 adress as opposed to ipv4(ipv6 follows format in screenshot, ipv4 would be just numbers separated by full stops...it would be interesting to see if your other working devices get an ipv6 address or an ipv4 address. If all working devices are getting ipv4 I would disable ipv6 on router as it may be dns issues which would cause the slowness.
colinged06/03/2020 11:39

Is that a shot from the mi mix2? That screenshot is showing that the …Is that a shot from the mi mix2? That screenshot is showing that the device has received an ipv6 adress as opposed to ipv4(ipv6 follows format in screenshot, ipv4 would be just numbers separated by full stops...it would be interesting to see if your other working devices get an ipv6 address or an ipv4 address. If all working devices are getting ipv4 I would disable ipv6 on router as it may be dns issues which would cause the slowness.

I don't have access too the routers it is supposed to connect automatically using the virgin media connect app,it's not my own router, any way fix it from my phone.
Well I would check your other devices first...if they differ with ipv4 and ipv6 then investigate if turning off ipv6 on mi mix is possible
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants