Bought a new car and it has disabled taxation class?

Found 12th Feb
Hi

I bought a new car this evening and the car has the DISABLED taxation class.

How do I go about changing this? I believe the previous owner is in the progress of notifying DVLA online or will do it tomorrow morning.

Can she do it online or do I have to do it? Or how do I do it?

Any advice would be helpful as I’ve searched online and it’s all a bit too much for me.

Thanks all
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
I was in this situation a few years back. It's nothing major to sort, in fact the Post Office can do it for you

gov.uk/cha…mpt
Phone DVLA or sort it online
This happened to me several months ago, there is a form you fill in at the post office and it also allows you to tax the vehicle there and then, you can also why you are there arrange to pay your road tax monthly by direct debit if it helps, I am not sure what the form is called now but the post office will tell you. They also find out the taxation class using your reg number so know how much to charge.
You have to go to the post office unfortunately can't be done online. Recently did this. Also to avoid having to go half way through filling in the form get the VIN number off the vehicle as you'll need that too.
SOUTHWALES2 h, 36 m ago

This happened to me several months ago, there is a form you fill in at the …This happened to me several months ago, there is a form you fill in at the post office and it also allows you to tax the vehicle there and then, you can also why you are there arrange to pay your road tax monthly by direct debit if it helps, I am not sure what the form is called now but the post office will tell you. They also find out the taxation class using your reg number so know how much to charge.

Thank you
SOUTHWALES2 h, 36 m ago

This happened to me several months ago, there is a form you fill in at the …This happened to me several months ago, there is a form you fill in at the post office and it also allows you to tax the vehicle there and then, you can also why you are there arrange to pay your road tax monthly by direct debit if it helps, I am not sure what the form is called now but the post office will tell you. They also find out the taxation class using your reg number so know how much to charge.

Do I need to take any documentation with me?
I had a similar situation 7 years ago with a car I brought but I had to go to one of the dvla processing places to sort it out, was a nightmare tbh, but this may have changed judging by the comments above. Good luck
No longer need to go to a dvla office
One form at the post office will change it
Last one I did I had the whole logbook
Bradleigh4 h, 46 m ago

No longer need to go to a dvla officeOne form at the post office will …No longer need to go to a dvla officeOne form at the post office will change it Last one I did I had the whole logbook

What is this form called mate?
WestMidlands6 h, 28 m ago

What is this form called mate?

Sorry , been driving all day
The post office usually fill it in on our behalf
It's a V70 form
Link below so you can print it off ...
gov.uk/gov…v70
Bradleigh16 m ago

Sorry , been driving all dayThe post office usually fill it in on our …Sorry , been driving all dayThe post office usually fill it in on our behalfIt's a V70 formLink below so you can print it off ...https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-change-a-vehicle-tax-v70

I'll get it from the po, just wanted to have a look at it beforehand.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants