Bought a perfume from eBay but it doesn't smell right, what shall I do?

Found 1st Feb 2010
Hi all.

I bought a 100ml bottle of DKNY perfume from eBay which was being sold as a tester. I still have my old bottle as well and they just don't smell the same.

It smells similar and the bottle looks okay authenticity-wise - I am wondering if the perfume has 'gone-off'?

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Should I report it to Pay as 'not as described' or what?

Thanks loads x

1. Misc
  2. Perfume
14 Comments

Banned

Tip

Dont buy perfume from fleabay

Probably bleach

dimebars;7722129

TipDont buy perfume from fleabayProbably bleach

+1

That happened to my sister, bought a perfume she always used off ebay and it was totaly the wrong smell, think it had gone off, she emailed seller who said was selling for a friend and didnt know what it should have smelt like, she gave her a refund. So drop them an email i would.

Original Poster

dimebars;7722129

TipDont buy perfume from fleabayProbably bleach

Twice before I have bought a tester and they were perfect, won't be again though :roll:

Original Poster

GRGO140;7722187

That happened to my sister, bought a perfume she always used off ebay and … That happened to my sister, bought a perfume she always used off ebay and it was totaly the wrong smell, think it had gone off, she emailed seller who said was selling for a friend and didnt know what it should have smelt like, she gave her a refund. So drop them an email i would.

Thanks I have just emailed them to see what they say

If you left it in your coat pocket when you put it in the washing machine i might be able to solve 2 of your threads with one answer here!

Original Poster

manchesterjim;7722326

If you left it in your coat pocket when you put it in the washing machine … If you left it in your coat pocket when you put it in the washing machine i might be able to solve 2 of your threads with one answer here!

:giggle:

How have you got on with the seller?

Original Poster

The seller hadn't replied as of Tuesday night so I went through the eBay resolution centre and explained the problem. This morning I got a message back saying that the seller has aggreed to refund me upon receipt of the perfume back to them, so I sent it back today via recorded delivery :thumbsup:

Seller hasn't sent me any message but at least I will be getting a refund

They are beig rude not messaging you i think, lets hope they dont keep you waiting on your refund!

Original Poster

GRGO140;7764727

They are beig rude not messaging you i think, lets hope they dont keep … They are beig rude not messaging you i think, lets hope they dont keep you waiting on your refund!

Yep, we'll see - seems like they haven't received it yet, according Royal Mail's website

do you smell a rat?

Original Poster

hibees;7772054

do you smell a rat?

No, it didn't smell that bad :-D

What contract is your perfume on?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244922
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649