Groups

Bought a refurbished PC from Comet today and it's faulty, where do I stand?

hi, went to the Comet clearance centre in Glasgow today and bought a refurbished PC which they said was returned but factory refurbished and comes with 12 month manufacturer warranty. Turned it on, it worked but was sending no picture to my monitor which is working perfectly. Phoned the comet PC helpline number where I was told that the graphics card is not working or broken. Told me to take it back to the store. So, when I go back will I be entitled to a full refund or will they try and tell me they will repair it? I really just wanna get my money back now!!!

Anyone else had any experience with refurbished p.c's? Always a bad idea?

7 Comments

Full refund probably.

If you have your receipt your entitled to a full refund.

GET a full refund, if you settle for repair you cant get a refund at a later date. Better to get refund and re-purchase

Have a refurb lappy and its fine.

Banned

happy donkey;3104067

GET a full refund, if you settle for repair you cant get a refund at a … GET a full refund, if you settle for repair you cant get a refund at a later date. Better to get refund and re-purchase

Definitely. Don't under any circumstances accept a repair.

happy donkey;3104067

GET a full refund, if you settle for repair you cant get a refund at a … GET a full refund, if you settle for repair you cant get a refund at a later date. Better to get refund and re-purchase

You lose your right to a refund once you accept a repair.

The Fault you decribe might just be the memory has come loose in transit, so if you happy to you could open the box (if no warranty seal) and pop the memory out and back in...

Banned

Take it straight back, and learn why refurbished are not worth it :-D

How do you know it worked if it was sending no picture? Have you tried a different monitor? Is there only one graphics output port on it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4332025
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…26112
      3. Samsung Note 845
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1216

See more discussions