Groups

Bought a tft monitor off another forum the other day,

Banned
    Worked perfectly for 1 day, and worked perfectly when shown working at his house.
    But now it doesnt turn on, but it makes a clicking noise?
    What could this be?>

12 Comments

It sounds like it's on it's way out

Leave it plugged in for an hour or so and see if it works then

Either way you should return it

We have some CTX ones which on there way out do turn on but flicker and click for about 20 mins or so and then work perfectly. Ready to be bin fodder by the sounds of it.

Contact them and tell them it's faulty. If they say you saw it working etc just tell them it's not fit for purpose etc - probs get nowhere though but worth a try!!

seems its conveniently conked out

Phone the manufacter, don't tell them gotten 2nd hand, might repair for you....
    But it be binned soon.

Original Poster Banned

I dont understand how it can work, when its showed to me, then work for 1 day then pack up.
    Theres no display just clicking, the clicking stops, but there is no power light lit up on the block.

hmm..

jizzm;2696030

I dont understand how it can work, when its showed to me, then work for 1 … I dont understand how it can work, when its showed to me, then work for 1 day then pack up.Theres no display just clicking, the clicking stops, but there is no power light lit up on the block.hmm..

I have one that does exactly the same

I think it's one of the capacitors, when I turn it on it just clicks on and off for about 30 minutes but nothing comes up on the screen after a while it the screen displays random colours than after 20 minutes of it doing that it works fine

If I just leave it turned on so it displays the no signal screen then my pc is off I have no problems with it at all but as soon as it's off that's it.

It just goes to show that you should be more thorough when you check things before you buy.

I would always recommend with electrical products don't just see them working but unplug them and plug them back in and watch them running for at least 10 minutes.

A friend of mine bought a tumble drier once, he went round the blokes house and see it working fine. He got it home plugged it in and it worked for about 5 minutes then the thermostat turned off off for over an hour each time.

Buyer beware!

was the monitor already on when u went round or was it off and then they switched it on.

Original Poster Banned

no they turned it on and what have you, and i had a play with it for a bit.
    The seller has contacted me, and i think were coming to some sort of agreement hopefully.

jizzm;2696537

no they turned it on and what have you, and i had a play with it for a … no they turned it on and what have you, and i had a play with it for a bit.The seller has contacted me, and i think were coming to some sort of agreement hopefully.

Don't accept anything less than a full refund :thumbsup:

hmmm isnt buyng 2nd hand goods sold as seen? what control does the seller have if it conked out on day 2 or 3, its not his fault, do they have to garuntee it works 1 month before its all clear? i wouldnt think the person has to refund unless they genuinely knew it was on its last legs

What brand is the monitor? Not Acer by any chance?

PhearFactor;2697399

What brand is the monitor? Not Acer by any chance?

or CTX?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764309
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism11
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63219
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions