Bought a TV from Currys with 5 year guarantee but received no confirmation of guarantee

Found 7th Jul
I bought an LG C7 from Currys 2 months ago. When I bought the TV, there was a promotion on the Currys website showing that a 5 year guarantee was included with the TV. Since I received the TV I have received no paperwork confirming that I have a 5 year guarantee. The manual included with the TV says there is only a one year manufacturer's guarantee included, which has nothing to do with Currys. Has anyone on HUKD who has purchased this TV received confirmation that there is actually a 5 year guarantee included?
Community Updates
AskElectronicsTV
6 Comments
"You will receive your guarantee confirmation with your receipt when you purchase your TV in store or by email if you place your order online."
Never buy from curry's /pc world there always some sort of catch
The receipt is the guarantee.
What's the stumbling block that's preventing you from contacting the retailer for confirmation?
Contact the retailer by email, so you get it in writing.

We had the same issue with another retailer a couple of years ago when we bought a LG OLED TV. Was told by the retailer that that it was a promotion funded by LG when chasing it up. Eventually received a 5 year policy in the post from a third party insurance company, but not sure if that is LG's standard practice, or if the retailer was selling grey imports and matching the LG promotion.
Edited by: "melted" 8th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants