bought a used car, advice?

Found 12th Sep 2017
Hi all, bought a used car, picked up yesterday after two weeks of waiting.

just a quick question, the car tyres on the car were all changed, i have 3 tyres which are 205/55/16 91v and one which is 205/55/16 94w so on one axle speed rating and load rating is different.

the manufacturer spec that should be fitted is - 205 / 55 / 16 / H091

Are the tyres on the car ok to leave ok?

anyone had dealings with vardy before? i waited 2 weeks for car to be ready, have discovered the locking button on the key is knackered, the internal rear roof light is broken and also the rev counter fluctuates slightly when idle (which i dont think is a good sign?)

considering putting the car into a garage and paying for a once over and mot to see if this flags anything up, never trust them when they do their own.

thanks for any help
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
you could do, although I wonder if they held the car for 14 days to avoid the right to withdrawal (somehow).

But yeah... MOT and if too many issues (undeclared) you can return it under not fit for purpouse
mattsk3 m ago

you could do, although I wonder if they held the car for 14 days to avoid …you could do, although I wonder if they held the car for 14 days to avoid the right to withdrawal (somehow).But yeah... MOT and if too many issues (undeclared) you can return it under not fit for purpouse

they done a brand new mot, the steel wheel on it has damage but im told it is to do with the outer rim and the inner rim is fine so its ok to use, i dont buy that, to me if its flat at and area its hit a put hole and the structure and safety is compromised.

the car was taking so long apparently as they didnt get the v5 off the person they traded it from so had to wait on them returning that, i feel thats a bit more bull, was told at time it would have service history and low and behold no book now so dont know about the cars history.

people say arnold clark are the worst, they are run close here i think lol.
change the plugs and leads, this causes rough idle quite often, it's a cheap and easy thing to try yourself

what car is it?
mattsk26 m ago

you could do, although I wonder if they held the car for 14 days to avoid …you could do, although I wonder if they held the car for 14 days to avoid the right to withdrawal (somehow).But yeah... MOT and if too many issues (undeclared) you can return it under not fit for purpouse

the OP only gets the 14 days if it was purchased before seeing the car (which sounds like the case but it isn't clear) and the 14 days should start from delivery, not from order
dataload47 m ago

change the plugs and leads, this causes rough idle quite often, it's a …change the plugs and leads, this causes rough idle quite often, it's a cheap and easy thing to try yourselfwhat car is it?

its a zafira b 1.7 cdti, car defo sounds like its slightly reving for ages then a funny swirling whooshing sound happens and seems to fix for a min or 2.
adamspencer9527 m ago

the OP only gets the 14 days if it was purchased before seeing the car …the OP only gets the 14 days if it was purchased before seeing the car (which sounds like the case but it isn't clear) and the 14 days should start from delivery, not from order

id seen the car, was told it was just in and had not been prepped. done the short test drive seemed ok, was told when buying would have in 3 days, 2 weeks it took.

was told when i picked it up it would have been prepared and looking like the ones in showroom.

so far ive got this to deal with -

Differant tyres on car v manufacturer spec
Differant tyre speed and load ratings on same axle (rear)
dented steel wheel outer lip (they told me this is fine and allowed to be like this)
Main key broken, lock button doesnt work. spare tempremental
Roof light broken (rear)
Rev needle moves slightly when idle and car sounds like it is revving. whoosing noise every now and then
Cigarette lighter missing (checked with vauxhall that it is a cig lighter)
No manual

last car i got from them was fine, couple issues but have a feeling this ones gonna cause me problems.

I think ill pay the money for a check over and mot and then take it to them to fix whatever comes up.

dataload4 h, 43 m ago

change the plugs and leads, this causes rough idle quite often, it's a …change the plugs and leads, this causes rough idle quite often, it's a cheap and easy thing to try yourselfwhat car is it?

do cars even have leads nowadays thought it was all combined in the coil pack
Tyre's are fine, Not an issue.

However rev issue probably something to do a clogged egr or faulty injector, Probably needs a live diagnostics to confirm any fault on injectors.

All a guessing game as loads of things can cause revving problems. During Dpf regeneration revs will rise, Then once complete return to normal.

First thing I'd do is try cleaning the egr.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 12th Sep 2017
.MUFC.55 m ago

Tyre's are fine, Not an issue.However rev issue probably something to do a …Tyre's are fine, Not an issue.However rev issue probably something to do a clogged egr or faulty injector, Probably needs a live diagnostics to confirm any fault on injectors. All a guessing game as loads of things can cause revving problems. During Dpf regeneration revs will rise, Then once complete return to normal.First thing I'd do is try cleaning the egr.

thanks

after digging online i found information on the loud moaning noise the engine makes, apparently its known to vauxhall and one step below a mass recall.....the car leaks air into the fuel filter, i am no expert but i cant think this is something to ignore.

how the car has come thru vardys 140 odd point check is beyond me
ding3 h, 8 m ago

do cars even have leads nowadays thought it was all combined in the coil …do cars even have leads nowadays thought it was all combined in the coil pack

This one wont its a diesel. Some modern cars do mostly coil packs now tho
rjmjnlcfm31 m ago

thanksafter digging online i found information on the loud moaning noise …thanksafter digging online i found information on the loud moaning noise the engine makes, apparently its known to vauxhall and one step below a mass recall.....the car leaks air into the fuel filter, i am no expert but i cant think this is something to ignore. how the car has come thru vardys 140 odd point check is beyond me

I guess that could be the issue, Definitely needs sorting, Because if it's misfiring or running too rich it could cause problems elsewhere i,e dpf constantly clogging up etc..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants