Bought Grade B phone from cex, is this acceptable?

Found 2nd Feb 2016
Bought grade B blackberry from cex, and it came like the picture below. all around the screen its scratched very deep, yet cex maintain its a grade B. They want me to pay return postage if i return it. Any ideas what can be done?

11 Comments

Original Poster

http://s16.postimg.org/fzzypk7hh/IMG_2469.jpg

do they not sell cameras? looks a little scuffed just from that

B - Good: Working product in good cosmetic condition with all essential accessories.
C - Working: Working product in poor cosmetic condition, with charger.
bit of a tough one, no real inbetweens B and C
Edited by: "brilly" 2nd Feb 2016

return it, get money back and let this be a lesson to never buy from CEX online again. You never know what you will receive unfortunately. Better off going in store and looking before you buy.

Don't even buy in store avoid CEX like the plague.

CEX are in the same league as Sports Direct.

Original Poster

It also came with a nokia charger not a blackberry one

As long as the voltage and wattage is the same the charger really makes no difference
Also cex provide 12 month warranty . So if it blows up ur sorted

Original Poster

ybrett23

As long as the voltage and wattage is the same the charger really makes … As long as the voltage and wattage is the same the charger really makes no differenceAlso cex provide 12 month warranty . So if it blows up ur sorted

Never buy 2nd hand good online unless using PayPal via eBay. Otherwise it's a real hassle and with fleabay you know here you are.

From personal experience, each store has their own policy/standards as to what B grade is. There are three stores local who are pretty good at B grade phones, for the most part Id be happy with them. However a different store I went to, the screens were really really scratched, worse than that. I pointed out that when I'd been a different store, hardly any of the B grades had any scratches on, some of the other stores C grades were better than their B grades - and when I took a phone in in excellent condition, no scratches, they tried to give me a C grade price. The store with the terrible B grade phones basically told me, unless it's a complete dog, they'll mark it down as B grade.
Even A grade varies from store to store :(. Some wont mark anything as A unless it is absolutely spotless, where as others will allow for a few little marks.
Unfortunately from the pictures the phone does fall into the remits of a B grade, I've seen worse :(. I only ever buy from CEX if I can see the phone in store.

Original Poster

they don't have any blackberrys in my local cex, going to see if they can exchange it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions