Groups

Bought graphics card on Ebay - Dead on arrival :/

To be fair the seller seems honest judging by his feedback (although he's pretty much just a buyer), but I had a bad feeling when it turned up today as it was in a fairly small box, and the card was wrapped in cellophane, i.e. no anti-static bag meaning it could have so easily gotten fried by Royal Mails sorting machines...
    I've tried it in two computers (one which normally runs a GTS 250 which required A LOT more juice) and neither computers will then post/beep and the cards fan just doesn't spin...
    Now, he sent it 1st class standard, so no insurance? Also it states in the auction that the seller doesn't accept returns. However, seeing as it's dead does that mean I can still get my money back? Really isn't fair if i've paid £34 for a brick and I'm not covered...

Item: 300406823997 on Ebay by the way

10 Comments

Banned

1st class and not sign for?

could always claim you didnt get it, as long as you didnt already tell him so

course u can get money back if its dead
    unless u didnt fry it yourself :P

Not a big e-bay fan myself, dont use it much. But if he's sent something that doesnt work, then surely just because he's put no returns you can still send it back for refund. Otherwise...i'm selling most of my broke stuff on there and putting no returns.

Banned

why would you claim you havnt received it when you have?

just message them and explain the situation im sure they will accept it returned and refund

jubbyme;8175521

1st class and not sign for?could always claim you didnt get it, as long … 1st class and not sign for?could always claim you didnt get it, as long as you didnt already tell him so

You are really coming across as being dishonest and i would really recommend that no one on these forums considers buying anything from you,

And also his auction states that "The seller will not accept returns for this item."[/QUOTE]

It doesnt matter what the seller stated ,If the item doesnt work contact them and tell them,If they refuse to refund open up a dispute with paypal and you will get ea refund,

mamboboy;8175586

I'm too much of an honest person to say it never turned up! Muffin, I … I'm too much of an honest person to say it never turned up! Muffin, I literally took it from the box and straight into the PC. I've handled components for years and never broke anything from being too stupid/rough with it :]I'm just worried about this:And also his auction states that "The seller will not accept returns for this item."

Did he describe the item as broke. If not, then the item has not arrived has not arrived as described.

Banned

tonyg1962;8175592

You are really coming across as being dishonest and i would really … You are really coming across as being dishonest and i would really recommend that no one on these forums considers buying anything from you,

luckily I dont sell here!, cause I may not trust you as a buyer

selling a broken card is honest? wont accept returns?

seriously, no need to get personal about it, just an opinion on a way to solve a problem, the card is worthless anyway

open a SNAD dispute with paypal,you will win it

contact the seller first though to see if the above can be avoided

if you message him and he says return it, make sure you return it recorded, then you are covered with Paypal, should you have to open a dispute.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767265
      2. love affairs1445
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'31450
      4. word association Game73944486

See more discussions