Bought hisense H55U7BUK

Posted 21st Jan
This panel has lines on the screen should I be concerned?
Thanks
3392682-7uneY.jpg

3392682-ss1dJ.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
What’s it like with an actual image on the screen?
Arto21/01/2020 18:29

What’s it like with an actual image on the screen?

With an actual image it’s hard to see but if it’s with the light back ground then you can see a little with dark colours you can’t. Was just concerned if it will get worst with time if not then I think I will be ok with it.
Did you buy it brand new? Give it while and if it breaks you have 2 year warranty with Hisense, possibly longer depending where you purchased
I have a Hisense in the bedroom and it’s pretty much the same as this. I can’t complain for the price but neither the LG I have in the living room or the Sony before it suffered with this.

i can’t tell on the photo but are the corners of your tv darker than the rest
Dannyrobbo21/01/2020 19:14

I have a Hisense in the bedroom and it’s pretty much the same as this. I c …I have a Hisense in the bedroom and it’s pretty much the same as this. I can’t complain for the price but neither the LG I have in the living room or the Sony before it suffered with this.i can’t tell on the photo but are the corners of your tv darker than the rest

Yes they are. This has two lines
39730158-WBv1z.jpg
I think it is just simply the downside of cheaper LCD. The LED array backlighting blooming/bleed. Hisense have actually come out with a new technology dual cell ULED, it sandwiches behind the 4K display a 1080P greyscale panel which not only helps peak contrast but then offers two million dimming zones to minimise backlight blooming/bleeding.
cicobuff21/01/2020 20:20

I think it is just simply the downside of cheaper LCD. The LED array …I think it is just simply the downside of cheaper LCD. The LED array backlighting blooming/bleed. Hisense have actually come out with a new technology dual cell ULED, it sandwiches behind the 4K display a 1080P greyscale panel which not only helps peak contrast but then offers two million dimming zones to minimise backlight blooming/bleeding.

This is a ULED screen that’s why I wasn’t expecting this.
Addyy7721/01/2020 20:22

This is a ULED screen that’s why I wasn’t expecting this.

The newer dual cell ULED are not out until early spring-summer. Have you checked the local dimming settings on this tv?
cicobuff21/01/2020 20:26

The newer dual cell ULED are not out until early spring-summer. Have you …The newer dual cell ULED are not out until early spring-summer. Have you checked the local dimming settings on this tv?

Oh ok. Yes I tried everything it’s on the screen. If I’ll be fair it’s hard to see only on grey screen you can otherwise I can live with it. As I bought this very cheap for around £415. And it’s still priced at £475 the cheapest so I can’t really complain about it. Even though I do have 5 years Costco warranty on it.
My only concern was if it’ll get worst over time it might not be good.
Addyy7721/01/2020 20:28

Oh ok. Yes I tried everything it’s on the screen. If I’ll be fair it’s har …Oh ok. Yes I tried everything it’s on the screen. If I’ll be fair it’s hard to see only on grey screen you can otherwise I can live with it. As I bought this very cheap for around £415. And it’s still priced at £475 the cheapest so I can’t really complain about it. Even though I do have 5 years Costco warranty on it. My only concern was if it’ll get worst over time it might not be good.

It might be worth checking out on AVforums.com, have a look if there is an existing thread for this model...might alleviate (hopefully) your concerns. How is it with solid black?
cicobuff21/01/2020 20:32

It might be worth checking out on AVforums.com, have a look if there is an …It might be worth checking out on AVforums.com, have a look if there is an existing thread for this model...might alleviate (hopefully) your concerns. How is it with solid black?

With solid blacks it’s great.
Thanks I will have a look
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants