Groups

Bought mobile off eBay, got stung!

right I bought a new nokia handset on eBay and when I phoned the network provider to unlock it they said it was blacklisted and reported as stolen!

The seller has replied with the usual they didn't know about it and offered me full refund if I return the phone. Problem is that will I be handling stolen goods if I do that since I know for fact it's reported as stolen?

What do I need to do since I already foolishly left the seller positive feedback before I even checked whether the phone was working as it was sealed!

I'm expecting certain users to give me a 'I told you so' so go on just say it!

19 Comments

Contact ebay and ask them for advice?

I told you so.

Tell the seller the police are asking for the phone and the sellers details. and for an instant refund you will "lose" his details.

tell paypal that its stolen and like the other guy said, wait for your refund to be processed then hand the phone into the police.

feedback means nothing

Start a paypal claim now. Ask for an number regarding the black listing.

Original Poster

Adam2050

Start a paypal claim now. Ask for an number regarding the black listing.

Can you eloborate what does ask for number mean.

I can't just 'tell paypal it's stole then wait for refund then give to police' because they need proof, I phoned Paypal they said they need proof that it's stolen like a doc from police once I hand phone in to them then they will give refund.

I'm worried though that the seller will say that I switched phones or something. The seller also has excellent feedback which is a bit worrying since he might try to say to paypal oh look how good i've been i wouldn't do such a thing...

One way or another I'm gonna nail this guy.

The End

Can you eloborate what does ask for number mean. I can't just 'tell … Can you eloborate what does ask for number mean. I can't just 'tell paypal it's stole then wait for refund then give to police' because they need proof, I phoned Paypal they said they need proof that it's stolen like a doc from police once I hand phone in to them then they will give refund.I'm worried though that the seller will say that I switched phones or something. One way or another I'm gonna nail this guy.

The seller can't say you switched phones as it has a unique IMEI number - which is how they knew it was stolen !

the proof you need is a incident number, which you will get when you go to the police and hand them the phone.

Original Poster

How do they know that I didn't just switch phones though and that he stole it maybe he took it from someone else?

arcangel111

The seller can't say you switched phones as it has a unique IMEI number - … The seller can't say you switched phones as it has a unique IMEI number - which is how they knew it was stolen !

Original Poster

Is there a way I can get his contact info since I won his auction? or is the data protection kicking in here?

"Bought mobile off eBay, got stung!" - Im shocked!

Well the network would of black listed and surely given you a contact number and reference number also maybe ask for the operators name and contact information so they you can use this is your claim to ebay. Clearly the guy is a bit dodgey to sell you the phone in the first place and is of no use to you now. So follow there ruling and if you have to post it back get it insured return via special delivery and recoup the fees through paypal.

The End

Is there a way I can get his contact info since I won his auction? or is … Is there a way I can get his contact info since I won his auction? or is the data protection kicking in here?

community.ebay.co.uk/top…841

shop.ebay.co.uk/eba…c=1

Original Poster

The network just said they've got it in their notes on the system that I contacted them regarding the issue that's it.

But guys if I send the item back using special del doesn't that mean I'm handling stolen goods? plus I can't get this postage charge back right?

Original Poster

Guys so I shouldn't send the phone back under any circumstances right?

Banned

just send it back and stop being a cock

Banned

The End

The network just said they've got it in their notes on the system that I … The network just said they've got it in their notes on the system that I contacted them regarding the issue that's it. But guys if I send the item back using special del doesn't that mean I'm handling stolen goods? plus I can't get this postage charge back right?

no

The End

Can you eloborate what does ask for number mean. I can't just 'tell … Can you eloborate what does ask for number mean. I can't just 'tell paypal it's stole then wait for refund then give to police' because they need proof, I phoned Paypal they said they need proof that it's stolen like a doc from police once I hand phone in to them then they will give refund.I'm worried though that the seller will say that I switched phones or something. The seller also has excellent feedback which is a bit worrying since he might try to say to paypal oh look how good i've been i wouldn't do such a thing...One way or another I'm gonna nail this guy.

Bullet to the back of the head?

Loving the aggression!

How much feedback did the person have?

Possible that the buyer created a fake Ebay and PP account to sell and withdraw money. Either that or he's totally stupid
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261380
      2. word association Game74044574
      3. Giffgaff New goodybags33
      4. Santander - Compensation1617

See more discussions