Groups

Bought new Glasses from Optical Express, one pair feels too small, where do i stand?

Hi, bought 2 pair of designer specs which cost me close to £400, waited 3 weeks on em and finally picked em up today. Problem is, now that ive tried em on for a decent amount of time i find the arms on one pair are too small making them uncomfortable on me.

Am i stuck with them or can i take em back? I noticed that one pair the arm length is 140 but the uncomfy pair are 135!

19 Comments

take them back and they should adjust them for you

Original Poster

linw;4094584

take them back and they should adjust them for you

They are plastic frames though so i dunno if they can?

Go back, they will rebend the arms for you. Don't try doing it yourself though.

Edit: Just read your reply. Take them back anyway. They must have longer arms for them.

Banned

you mean its where the arm sits on your head? if so im not sure, you will obviously have tried them on instore before they ordered them, best go instore and chat to them

Original Poster

sassie;4094606

you mean its where the arm sits on your head? if so im not sure, you will … you mean its where the arm sits on your head? if so im not sure, you will obviously have tried them on instore before they ordered them, best go instore and chat to them

I mean the bit that curves round my ear

Banned

They measure these things up. If they've got it wrong, its down to them. I'm sure it wont be a problem to get them adjusted or replaced.

makershaker;4094623

I mean the bit that curves round my ear

they will be able to re-bend them for you no probs, and free of charge

Original Poster

I'll post a pic

Banned

go back to the store so they can see them, like i said they will probs say you tried them before ordering, not sure what they will do really, you cant usually take things back because you dont like them, arm lengths are different lengths on different glasses but take them in and make sure they have been made right

Original Poster

They have been made alright i just think the arms a wee bit short on em

arms look far too short to me m8-no amount of heating or rebending is gonna fix that-they have clearly got the measurements wrong.

Banned

i think if you take them in they will try and loosen them up a little

Original Poster

You think they would have a set with longer arms or at least be able to order em in?

Banned

did you not notice how short they where when you tried them on? Maybe they have been measured wrongly

Should have gone to Specsavers!

Original Poster

sassie;4095017

did you not notice how short they where when you tried them on? Maybe … did you not notice how short they where when you tried them on? Maybe they have been measured wrongly

I cant mind, the shop was really busy plus the missus was fed up waiting so i was under pressure. I'm sure i would have have noticed when i tried em on though. I'm wondering if maybe the display ones had longer arms!

Banned

makershaker;4095067

I cant mind, the shop was really busy plus the missus was fed up waiting … I cant mind, the shop was really busy plus the missus was fed up waiting so i was under pressure. I'm sure i would have have noticed when i tried em on though. I'm wondering if maybe the display ones had longer arms!

just go in and tell them they are hurting, have a look at the display ones when you walk in beofre you ask, then you will at least know if they are suppoded to be like that, good luck :thumbsup:

easy fixed-theyllre-bend them,arms are usually a standard size but any optician worth thier salt should be able to make these uber-comfy for you(trust me!)
    at the VERY least they should offer2change the lenses across to the pair you orginally tried on-if more comfy..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung s8 trade in23
      2. Wix Build Website Question, Domain transfer?12
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111324
      4. Tumble Dryer request45

See more discussions