Groups

Bought on something on ebay now the seller is no longer a registered user

Hi, just after a little advice please. I bought some tickets on ebay last night, the pair came to just over £30 and i paid via paypal using my credit card. I did consider an echeque but thought it best payment was recieved straight away. Anyway tonight i recieve an email from ebay saying not to complete the transaction, problem is i already have. No details were given but the item has been completely removed and the seller is showing as no longer registered. I've never had a problem like this before and i'm not entierly sure what to do about it. I have managed to email the seller via the address that has showed up via paypal and have just asked them to shed a little light on what has happened and if they can advise me as to when i should recieve the item.
    Have i done the right thing? Has anyone got any firther advice? Will paypal cover this if it all falls through? I am verified but the seller appears not to be.

24 Comments

ebay can get involved and sort this out! dont worry, but didnt oyu check the persons feedback first!?

Original Poster

I did but they were a new seller! Guess i got carried away and i'm too trusting. I wouldnt scam anyone so kinda just dont expect it.

dispute it through paypal

I think you did the right thing if the worse happens and paypal don't pay out (although they should) you should be able to claim through visa

Try to contact the seller and if no joy file a dispute through paypal stating no contact with seller, seller is now unregistered and that ebay advised against sale after payment was made.

sometimes, they legitimately do get deregistered for infringements or for non payment of fees and they may be reinstated.
    They may have lost their ebay account but as long as they still have paypal.
    Also, seller might still send them
    Which tickets were they BTW

Original Poster

Usha Rocks;1824136

sometimes, they legitimately do get deregistered for infringements or for … sometimes, they legitimately do get deregistered for infringements or for non payment of fees and they may be reinstated.They may have lost their ebay account but as long as they still have paypal.Also, seller might still send themWhich tickets were they BTW

They were for Lee Evans at the end of Oct,

They might not have the tickets in hand and that makes it worse.

Original Poster

Usha Rocks;1824155

They might not have the tickets in hand and that makes it worse.

Yup i know, you live and learn! thats why i thought it only fair to try and make contact to see what they have to say on the matter. I have to wait a week or so before i can file dispute anyway i think.

10 days I think on paypal.
    You should also file with ebay

because the seller is no longer registered does not mean they are a dubious seller. if ebay suspend your seller account for some reason. your user id will appear to other people as no longer registered. i had a problem with my account a while back and my account was suspended for a month, during that time my account was appearing as not a registered user. but my account is fine now.

bellabonkers;1824111

I I wouldnt scam anyone so kinda just dont expect it.

:w00t:

Original Poster

saayinla;1824218

because the seller is no longer registered does not mean they are a … because the seller is no longer registered does not mean they are a dubious seller. if ebay suspend your seller account for some reason. your user id will appear to other people as no longer registered. i had a problem with my account a while back and my account was suspended for a month, during that time my account was appearing as not a registered user. but my account is fine now.

I know not everyone is dubious, i had an ex who set up my account for me, i never changed the password, trusting him as you would, anyway he logged into my account one time and used it to shill bid on his own stuff. I got suspended. luckily i contacted ebay who reinstated me. That was 4 years ago. Now i have 100% feedback and an average seller rating of 4.9/5, so i know even decent sellers can have problems. I just feel a bit narked. It's not a huge amount of money but slightly worrying and anoying all the same.

Thanks to everyone who has offered a little advice.

Not to worry. Paypal insures you for up to £500. So make a complaint or go to the help section and explain what has happened. But only problem is it takes a while for you to receive your money back. Same thing happened to me. You'll have to be patient.
    Hope that helped

Banned

badmanmeow;1824288

Not to worry. Paypal insures you for up to £500. So make a complaint or … Not to worry. Paypal insures you for up to £500. So make a complaint or go to the help section and explain what has happened. But only problem is it takes a while for you to receive your money back. Same thing happened to me. You'll have to be patient.Hope that helped

not if they have cleared their account, at least you paid by credit card

Banned

badmanmeow;1824288

Not to worry. Paypal insures you for up to £500. So make a complaint or … Not to worry. Paypal insures you for up to £500. So make a complaint or go to the help section and explain what has happened. But only problem is it takes a while for you to receive your money back. Same thing happened to me. You'll have to be patient.Hope that helped

Wont make the slightest difference if this guy has cleared his paypal account out (which is likely!) (Do you actually think Paypal / Ebay will take a hit?)

The OP needs to make sure he registers his complaint ASAP - he may get lucky and get the funds frozen.

I would give the seller time to respond, it happened to a friend of mine and the goods did arrive. They have probably had the account suspended by ebay for selling tickets (some are not allowed to be sold on ebay)

guv;1824316

Wont make the slightest difference if this guy has cleared his paypal … Wont make the slightest difference if this guy has cleared his paypal account out (which is likely!) (Do you actually think Paypal / Ebay will take a hit?)The OP needs to make sure he registers his complaint ASAP - he may get lucky and get the funds frozen.

They have his bank or credit card details, where he withdrew the funds.
    They also have the power of recall on the funds. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

well i have emailed ebay asking their advice as well so i feel i have done all that i can for now, until someone responds anyway.

Just make sure you keep Paypal and Ebay informed.

This happened to me but fortunately I still received what I bought. Email the seller if you have his email address but be sure to report to ebay after the 7 days and try to reclaim through Paypal. Good luck.

I have had this in the past with dvd's & the seller has still sent the items :)............
    can you still request their contact info address/phone number ? even though they're no longer registered ?

This happened to me also but i got my item mailed to me by the seller, so don't worry too much about it. Good luck

The exact same thing happend to me last week, I waited a week as the payment had already gone through paypal, but the item never turned up. So I filed a dispute via paypal's resolution centre on monday and got the refund straight away.
    Ebay discourages contacting the seller directly. I would wait a while to see if the item turns up, if not you will qualify under paypals policy as you are covered upto £500, so don't worry.

sassie;1824296

not if they have cleared their account, at least you paid by credit card

I payed with Paypal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      3. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111

See more discussions