Bought PS4 from amazon.de - now faulty. What to do?

Found 25th Oct 2015
Have been using my week old German PS4 without a hitch until this evening. Unplugged it to get into loft hatch behind the TV unit and on plugging back in the PS4 is now completely dead. Have tried all of the standard 'Turn it off and on again' stuff and am completely stuck!

I bought the PS4 from Amazon.de (Germany) due to a great deal spotted on this very website. However has now left me in the odd position of being unsure what to do - try to deal with amazon.de or directly with sony.

My question I guess is two-fold
1) Is my Sony Warranty valid in the UK with a German console?
2) Would it be easier / faster / cheaper / other dealing with either Sony UK or Amazon.de

Thanks a lot for any help!
Community Updates
9 Comments
Id try Amazon first unless it's really expensive to send it back to them. You might just end up dealing with amazon uk anyway.

I would expect your warranty would still be fine because they're such a big company. I had a problem with a Sonos speaker I bought from Amazon.es because I saw it on here. It was covered by a world-wide warranty Sonos provide. I know Apple do the same so I can't see you having a problem.
get on to live chat Bro
benjammin316

get on to live chat Bro

Live chat amazon.de or sony?

Thanks for the responses guys.
Check the fuse in the plug just in case!
boch501

Live chat amazon.de or sony?Thanks for the responses guys.

Live chat on normal amazon would be my first port of call.

I'd imagine you'd get a prepaid returns slip
Couldn't find a live chat option on the German site but live chat UK are going to get them to contact me. Stated it may well be easier to talk to Sony directly though and hence have shot them an email.

The other big issue is that my copy of TLOU is stuck in there and the new C-Chassis has removed the manual eject screw. Hope whoever I send it back to / have it repaired by can get the disc back to me...
I have rang amazon.de up twice , first time English second time they only spoke german . I would deal with amazon not sony.
What lead did it come with , is it one you supplied , like a kettle lead?
Is it the socket or fuse?
boch501

Couldn't find a live chat option on the German site but live chat UK are … Couldn't find a live chat option on the German site but live chat UK are going to get them to contact me. Stated it may well be easier to talk to Sony directly though and hence have shot them an email. The other big issue is that my copy of TLOU is stuck in there and the new C-Chassis has removed the manual eject screw. Hope whoever I send it back to / have it repaired by can get the disc back to me...

manual disk eject has been moved but still doable : comes up frequently on the PS4 /reddit

i.imgur.com/oA0…jpg

hope this helps
Thanks for all the responses guys - gave another go this morning and powered up for a short time. Managed to get the disc out at least but then froze and had to manually turn off. Now back to square one.

For anyone in a similar situation, amazon UK live chat put me in touch with Amazon.de customer services who sent prepaid labels by email and have authorised a further shipment. However fired a quick email to Sony who were also happy to have it for repair.

Thanks again all

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants