Bought shoes, sizing is wrong. Do I have to pay postage to return the item?

Found 23rd Jan 2015
Hi everyone,

I bought some shoes from intro-clothing.com, they arrived very quick and I was looking forward to wearing them. However, as I put them on, they were clearly a size too big. I have size 10 feet, and I ordered size 10 shoes. I've never had an issue with shoes not fitting before until now.

Even though the shoe box states its size 10 and on the shoes itself, it says size 44 which I presume is the European size, they clearly are too big.

Now, I would like a refund however, on the terms and conditions it states that buyer must pay for returns. This is a bit unfair as they don't fit so I don't see how it's my fault. Do you think I still have to pay for postage?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskShoes
10 Comments
Please email sales@intro-clothing.com for authorisation to return any goods purchased within 14 working days of receiving your order.
Any item/s requested to be returned after 14 working days will not be authorised and will be returned to the customer unless the product is faulty.
Please note you have 30 days from the point of purchase to return goods back for a full refund, after this time we are only able to offer an exchange for item/s. Item/s must be returned in a resale-able condition, with tags and unworn. 
Unfortunately we do not offer a free returns service and the package is the customers responsibility until we receive it back in-store.
Thats taken from the website
You pay for returns and make sure its tracked via myhermes or another courier
Bradleigh

Please email sales@intro-clothing.com/* */ for authorisation to return a … Please email sales@intro-clothing.com/* */ for authorisation to return any goods purchased within 14 working days of receiving your order. Any item/s requested to be returned after 14 working days will not be authorised and will be returned to the customer unless the product is faulty.Please note you have 30 days from the point of purchase to return goods back for a full refund, after this time we are only able to offer an exchange for item/s. Item/s must be returned in a resale-able condition, with tags and unworn. Unfortunately we do not offer a free returns service and the package is the customers responsibility until we receive it back in-store.Thats taken from the websiteYou pay for returns and make sure its tracked via myhermes or another courier

Hi Bradleigh,

I understand that but what I'm saying is that the sizing is clearly wrong so I find it a bit silly that I have to pay for the return costs as the shoe clearly isn't a size 10!

Anyway, just say for arguments sake that I do have to pay for the costs. Do you or anyone else know roughly how much would it cost me to send a pair of shoes via a tracked courier? I know via Royal Mail it would cost me easily over £5!

Thanks again.
Parcel2go youll get your first parcel free
mrwhitelabel

Ok, Brilliant. Thanks
mrwhitelabel

Nice
Tony , i know what your saying
Pain it costs you to return
As mention by mrwhitelabel
Parcel2go , first parcel free
Did you pay postage for them to send the shoes to you ? If so, and you are returning the whole order, then the seller has to refund you your postage as well as for the item(s) that you are returning. This would presumably help towards the cost of returning them. Note, this rule only applies if you are returning all the items on an online order.
mrwhitelabel

derbyshireterrier

Did you pay postage for them to send the shoes to you ? If so, and you … Did you pay postage for them to send the shoes to you ? If so, and you are returning the whole order, then the seller has to refund you your postage as well as for the item(s) that you are returning. This would presumably help towards the cost of returning them. Note, this rule only applies if you are returning all the items on an online order.

Yeah, the free parcel offer sounds really good for this but yeah it does suck!

Hi, yes I did pay postage. £5 infact for next day delivery. It was purchased online on their website, but I emailed them and they asked me to cover the postage back.
derbyshireterrier

Did you pay postage for them to send the shoes to you ? If so, and you … Did you pay postage for them to send the shoes to you ? If so, and you are returning the whole order, then the seller has to refund you your postage as well as for the item(s) that you are returning. This would presumably help towards the cost of returning them. Note, this rule only applies if you are returning all the items on an online order.

That's not correct in reference to return postage. The seller is not obliged to pay return postage.
ipswich78

That's not correct in reference to return postage. The seller is not … That's not correct in reference to return postage. The seller is not obliged to pay return postage.

I didn't say that the seller was obliged to pay the return postage - what I said was that if you return the whole order then the seller has to refund any postage you have paid for it to be sent to you in the first place. My comment was that this would help towards the return postage costs that the OP has to bear.
derbyshireterrier

I didn't say that the seller was obliged to pay the return postage - what … I didn't say that the seller was obliged to pay the return postage - what I said was that if you return the whole order then the seller has to refund any postage you have paid for it to be sent to you in the first place. My comment was that this would help towards the return postage costs that the OP has to bear.

Ok, it didn't come across that clear that's all.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants