Bought something in amazon..

Found 30th Jan
Hi all,

Just received something I bought which was shipped and fulfilled by amazon from a 3rd party company.

This item had now dropped £30 in price. I have emailed the seller asking if they will refund me the difference rather than me returning and reordering.

Should I go to amazon direct or is the above correct? Never done this before so want to make sure I'm not missing a trick.

Thanks in advance,
David
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Original Poster
pinkleponkle35 m ago

Especially when they never do the same when the price goes up offering to …Especially when they never do the same when the price goes up offering to pay more money.

Are you guys serious? If you bought something yesterday and the price was dropped the day you received it... You wouldn't query it? This website is all about getting the best deals and the most for your money. Feel free to send me all Of your money because you just have loads going spare.
32 Comments
They might refund you but don't have to
Sad state of affairs when people need to do this....
Benjamin3uk13 m ago

Especially when they never do the same when the price goes up offering to pay more money.
Edited by: "pinkleponkle" 30th Jan
Original Poster
pinkleponkle35 m ago

Especially when they never do the same when the price goes up offering to …Especially when they never do the same when the price goes up offering to pay more money.

Are you guys serious? If you bought something yesterday and the price was dropped the day you received it... You wouldn't query it? This website is all about getting the best deals and the most for your money. Feel free to send me all Of your money because you just have loads going spare.
Original Poster
Gollywood1 h, 18 m ago

They might refund you but don't have to

I'll just return it and order again then. Prime again so I'll only have to wait a day
Benjamin3uk51 m ago

Really?
itsdavidjones19843 m ago

I'll just return it and order again then. Prime again so I'll only have to …I'll just return it and order again then. Prime again so I'll only have to wait a day

Do this before the price goes back up.
itsdavidjones19847 m ago

I'll just return it and order again then. Prime again so I'll only have to …I'll just return it and order again then. Prime again so I'll only have to wait a day

Don’t forget you’ll probably have to pay return shipping as it’s from a 3rd party seller.
Edited by: "paulj48" 30th Jan
I managed to get a partial refund on a 'sold by orzly, fufilled by Amazon' item but they said it was 'an exception'. I used the Amazon chat facility. They are not obliged to do so and as Paul says you will probably have to pay return shipping which may cancel out a large part of the saving.
Original Poster
paulj4843 m ago

Don’t forget you’ll probably have to pay return shipping as it’s from a 3rd …Don’t forget you’ll probably have to pay return shipping as it’s from a 3rd party seller.

Collect + Bro! Free!
Benjamin3uk1 h, 53 m ago

Who said the OP needed to to this? When you buy online, you have a legal right to send and item back within 7 days. It is better for each party to get a partial refund rather than a return and waste of postage fees.
I wouldnt listen to the people who come out with, "you wouldn't offer more if the price went up" as I'm pretty
sure they'd do the same as what your doing and what I and most would do in the same situation. A couple of quid you don't really mind but £30 that's quite a difference, hope you get the difference.
itsdavidjones19841 h, 24 m ago

Are you guys serious? If you bought something yesterday and the price was …Are you guys serious? If you bought something yesterday and the price was dropped the day you received it... You wouldn't query it? This website is all about getting the best deals and the most for your money. Feel free to send me all Of your money because you just have loads going spare.

No, I'd just think it was bad timing and too bad for me. This site isn't called Hot UK I bought something before the price dropped.
Original Poster
bryanhaines39918 m ago

No, I'd just think it was bad timing and too bad for me. This site isn't …No, I'd just think it was bad timing and too bad for me. This site isn't called Hot UK I bought something before the price dropped.

Well you're clearly getting mugged off on a daily basis then.
itsdavidjones19845 m ago

Well you're clearly getting mugged off on a daily basis then.

How am I getting mugged off on a daily basis?
Oneday7744 m ago

Who said the OP needed to to this? When you buy online, you have a legal …Who said the OP needed to to this? When you buy online, you have a legal right to send and item back within 7 days. It is better for each party to get a partial refund rather than a return and waste of postage fees.

You've sort of not understood why I wrote my comment because the reason you stated here is why I wrote it ...better to do a partial refund....lol
Good luck with it, worth asking.
Oneday771 h, 38 m ago

...When you buy online, you have a legal right to send and item back …...When you buy online, you have a legal right to send and item back within 7 days....

Nope. Right to cancel a goods order is within 14 days from day of receipt of goods - but hey: that's better than 7 days Buyer just has to factor the cost of return postage (but not the original supply postage costs) if RTC is down to change of mind. Refund monies should be received within 14 days. Some exceptions like broken-seal media or bespoke orders. Some merchants provide more flexibility than the Consumer Contract Regulations; other merchants attempt to flout them or are just plain ignorant.
What is the item ?
Original Poster
allowed5 m ago

What is the item ?

Smooth q mobile gimbal
Original Poster
AndyRoyd27 m ago

Nope. Right to cancel a goods order is within 14 days from day of receipt …Nope. Right to cancel a goods order is within 14 days from day of receipt of goods - but hey: that's better than 7 days Buyer just has to factor the cost of return postage (but not the original supply postage costs) if RTC is down to change of mind. Refund monies should be received within 14 days. Some exceptions like broken-seal media or bespoke orders. Some merchants provide more flexibility than the Consumer Contract Regulations; other merchants attempt to flout them or are just plain ignorant.

My eligibility to return this extends to 25/2/18
itsdavidjones19846 m ago

My eligibility to return this extends to 25/2/18

As per my comment of "Some merchants provide more flexibility than the Consumer Contract Regulations":
your return period is an Amazon-enforced duration and in excess of the minimum mandatory right-to-cancel period identified by the current Consumer Contract Regulations.
itsdavidjones19847 m ago

Smooth q mobile gimbal

Wow, i am over 50 and have never come across this item before.

looks good
They won't give you the price difference because i was in a similar situation with a pressure cooker.
Return it then reorder it on another account.
itsdavidjones19849 h, 55 m ago

They might ban your account eventually
Edited by: "snoopy18" 30th Jan
If they say no, return it and reorder. You have all the rights to pay less if possible.
Edited by: "hearts22" 31st Jan
AndyRoyd15 h, 24 m ago

Nope. Right to cancel a goods order is within 14 days from day of receipt …Nope. Right to cancel a goods order is within 14 days from day of receipt of goods - but hey: that's better than 7 days Buyer just has to factor the cost of return postage (but not the original supply postage costs) if RTC is down to change of mind. Refund monies should be received within 14 days. Some exceptions like broken-seal media or bespoke orders. Some merchants provide more flexibility than the Consumer Contract Regulations; other merchants attempt to flout them or are just plain ignorant.

I think if it's fulfilled by Amazon you have their standard 30 days for a return. Around Christmas they normally extend the return period.
hearts225 h, 54 m ago

I think if it's fulfilled by Amazon you have their standard 30 days for a …I think if it's fulfilled by Amazon you have their standard 30 days for a return. Around Christmas they normally extend the return period.

As stated in the quoted text: "...Some merchants provide more flexibility than the Consumer Contract Regulations"
AndyRoyd7 h, 8 m ago

As stated in the quoted text: "...Some merchants provide more flexibility …As stated in the quoted text: "...Some merchants provide more flexibility than the Consumer Contract Regulations"

I know that. You mentioned the general law in reply to the other poster.
Amazon give 30 days to return items (orders fulfilled by them included).That's the only thing that is relevant for the OP.
If OP goes on live chat he can get them to provide a prepaid label even if a change of mind would generally mean you get to pay for the return postage. I have done this successfully twice.
Edited by: "hearts22" 31st Jan
hearts2233 m ago

I know that. You mentioned the general law in reply to the other poster. …I know that. You mentioned the general law in reply to the other poster. Amazon give 30 days to return items (orders fulfilled by them included).That's the only thing that is relevant for the OP.If OP goes on live chat he can get them to provide a prepaid label even if a change of mind would generally mean you get to pay for the return postage. I have done this successfully twice.

Is the cost of postage applicable to the prepaid label deducted from the refund? if not, that is another example of the generally excellent Amazon CS.
AndyRoyd12 h, 37 m ago

Is the cost of postage applicable to the prepaid label deducted from the …Is the cost of postage applicable to the prepaid label deducted from the refund? if not, that is another example of the generally excellent Amazon CS.

When you select to return an item you are given various reasons to choose from... some of the reasons will attract a return postage charge (which means you'll pay postage at the post office), some will give you a prepaid label (which is not money taken off your refund).

Usually if you select that you've changed your mind or similar reasons they won't give you a prepaid label but if you moan about it on live chat they will just send you a prepaid one.

I have done this twice and haven't paid for the return despite the fact I was returning the item because I had changed my mind.
Edited by: "hearts22" 1st Feb
I recently had a problem with a something that was sold by a marketplace seller and fulfilled by Amazon, it was a new sealed DVD but the disc was damaged. They refunded me and told me to dispose of the item, they didn't even want it back.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants