Bought something on eBay but was sent wrong one

Posted 2nd JanEdited by:"backyard"
They've accepted their mistake but it says "return unopened"...now in my excitement I opened it. The only way to know it's the wrong one was by looking at the model number on the bottom, it looks exactly like the 'right' one that I wanted.

Thoughts?

I've since ordered the right one so will be returning this one.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Thoughts? Message the seller again and tell them that you want to return it as it was the wrong item, see what they say. If they don't agree then open a case on eBay with the reason being that they made an error in what they sent you.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 2nd Jan
I think it's important to keep us all on HUKD in the loop regarding this return
Not the right one you wanted, or not the right one compared to listing description?
So if they actually sent you the right one as you say, why not message the seller and say you are keeping it and cancel your new order?
Buyer always has the utmost rights on Ebay. You won't have any issue.
AndyRoyd02/01/2020 20:51

Not the right one you wanted, or not the right one compared to listing …Not the right one you wanted, or not the right one compared to listing description?

The item didn't match the model number supplied in the description and title

Gollywood02/01/2020 20:51I think it's important to keep us all on HUKD in the loop regarding this return

will do
Edited by: "backyard" 2nd Jan
PaulandPam02/01/2020 20:53

So if they actually sent you the right one as you say, why not message the …So if they actually sent you the right one as you say, why not message the seller and say you are keeping it and cancel your new order?

No, they sent me the wrong one. It was an inferior version of the one I wanted.
Why you even asking, you opened a return, it’s wrong send back...
Supplied not as described. As long as you haven’t tried to scrap dangle berries of a cows posterior, then you can return it. Though even if you had, eBay will side with you, failing that PayPal.
Bargainhead02/01/2020 21:21

Why you even asking, you opened a return, it’s wrong send back...

I was hoping for some feedback from others to make sure I was in the right, if you were the seller would it be unfair of the buyer to have opened it then expect a refund.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions