Groups

Bought Sony DAV DZ260 surround sound, did I get a good deal?

Reviews on Amazon look great, has optical and coaxial inputs and hdmi port for DVD upscalling.

I know its an old model but I paid £70, talked my local Littlewoods clearance store manager down from £100.

Did I get a good deal?

Link in 1st post to the right system.

14 Comments

For £ 70, i'd call that a bargain !
    Well done

Original Poster

Monkeybumcheeks;8003941

For £ 70, i'd call that a bargain !Well done

Cheers!

I was actually debating it in the shop whether it was worth the money or not, glad I decided to get it.

I got it on the weekend, set it up Sunday, so far so good!

Only entry level system but you got a good price!

Banned

if it sounds great then yes, if it doesnt then no

i have the system and its one of the best on the market not entry level at all i paid £129 for mine and would have paid more its such a great system £70 is one hell of a bargin !! hope u enjoy it i have everything running through mine ps3, 360 , sky hd 850 watt of fantastic sound !

Original Poster

csiman;8004024

if it sounds great then yes, if it doesnt then no

I tested it out on Band of Brothers blu ray via optical on my ps3 last night as it sounded awesome!

Original Poster

ViperKeith;8004067

i have the system and its one of the best on the market not entry level … i have the system and its one of the best on the market not entry level at all i paid £129 for mine and would have paid more its such a great system £70 is one hell of a bargin !! hope u enjoy it i have everything running through mine ps3, 360 , sky hd 850 watt of fantastic sound !

cheers mate!

are you using an optical spliter to connect everything through the system?

ViperKeith;8004067

i have the system and its one of the best on the market not entry level … i have the system and its one of the best on the market not entry level at all i paid £129 for mine and would have paid more its such a great system £70 is one hell of a bargin !! hope u enjoy it i have everything running through mine ps3, 360 , sky hd 850 watt of fantastic sound !

I was selling these at 250 last year in a sony centre... They r entry level btw as you can get much more high end sony sound systems, but as long as it sounds good in your own house that's the main thing

dre1988;8004088

cheers mate!are you using an optical spliter to connect everything … cheers mate!are you using an optical spliter to connect everything through the system?

yeah optical splitter

Original Poster

ViperKeith;8004152

yeah optical splitter

cheers mate, ive been checking some out on amazon, got any recommendations for one?

I had one of these - cracking system and I'd say you got a bargain. I sent mine back though and changed it for a Phillips system, main reason being was that I couldn't get the Sony system to play Divx movies off a USB pen drive. Otherwise, great sound quality for little money.

dre1988;8004229

cheers mate, ive been checking some out on amazon, got any … cheers mate, ive been checking some out on amazon, got any recommendations for one?

i have this one cant fault it

amazon.co.uk/OPT…1-1

Original Poster

ViperKeith;8004735

i have this one cant fault … i have this one cant fault ithttp://www.amazon.co.uk/OPTICAL-TOSLINK-SELECTOR-SPLITTER-Digital/dp/B000QRI2EI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267616284&sr=1-1

cheers mate, repped.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad news about Barcelona24101
      2. Cat Chat73707
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?2297
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213614

See more discussions