Bought this today... What the hell is it?!?!?

52 replies
Found 8th May 2010
Pic in 1st post....

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
52 Comments

Original Poster

It was only £2 and looks factory sealed.

http://i42.tinypic.com/ehkg3d.jpg

Scared to open it...

It says game system for your VCR so I hope you still have a video machine, lol, we got rid of ours years ago.
I think my brother had something like this, with a little gun you use to shoot at the baddies on the tv.

"The first real action game system " must have been made in 1977 then.

"Game system for your VCR"... does that not say it all?

Shoot down fighter jets with a handgun? Looks awesome..
I do miss light gun games... :-(

It's the sequel to "Action Albert"...

Original Poster

Oh crap - not got a VCR Hahahaha.....

sickly sweet;8553943

It says game system for your VCR so I hope you still have a video … It says game system for your VCR so I hope you still have a video machine, lol, we got rid of ours years ago.I think my brother had something like this, with a little gun you use to shoot at the baddies on the tv.

And its a betamax tape

http://cavecritter.com/caveman_scratching_head__32699621.gif

looks like it's in tiptop condition!!

en.wikipedia.org/wik…Max :geek: so retro!
Will be fun for £2, where did you pick it up?

Banned

sonic fury :lol:

youtube.com/wat…UbM

looks like a cool idea. Live action footage which you can interact with...guess it never caught on.

Mallinersha;8553951

Looks like the sort of thing you would buy on Blackpool seafront at one of those dodgy little stalls :-D

Could do with one myself tbh as i still use vcr :oops:

Mallinersha;8553951

Haha, you might have difficulty playing it in that case.

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8553968

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Max :geek: so retro!Will be fun for … http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Max :geek: so retro!Will be fun for £2, where did you pick it up?

Some shop in Liverpool never been there before, they had loads!!! -probably knock off, lol :-D

PS: thanks for link - don't have to open it now

Mallinersha;8553951

loooooooool.... got two sat on the shelf next to me, they aren't wired up to anything though! ;-)

It runs on a car battery :-D

Original Poster

If anyone wants one get your arse down to maps.google.co.uk/map….65

Hehehehe..

Maybe post it on the Deals page....... NOT!

Mallinersha;8553982

Some shop in Liverpool never been there before, they had loads!!! … Some shop in Liverpool never been there before, they had loads!!! -probably knock off, lol :-DPS: thanks for link - don't have to open it now

They probably realised that hardly anyone has vcrs anymore and that they need to sell them off before they are extinct!
Whatcha going to do with it? (Just me being nosey, I have no interest in it).

Banned

darren9030;8553978

Looks like the sort of thing you would buy on Blackpool seafront at one … Looks like the sort of thing you would buy on Blackpool seafront at one of those dodgy little stalls :-DCould do with one myself tbh as i still use vcr :oops:

shut up i sell to those stalls:-D

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8554006

They probably realised that hardly anyone has vcrs anymore and that they … They probably realised that hardly anyone has vcrs anymore and that they need to sell them off before they are extinct!Whatcha going to do with it? (Just me being nosey, I have no interest in it).

Well I've not had a working VCR since about 1994 so I may put it in the loft and hope it quadruples in value :w00t::w00t::w00t: LOL

Banned

Mallinersha;8553982

Some shop in Liverpool never been there before, they had loads!!! … Some shop in Liverpool never been there before, they had loads!!! -probably knock off, lol :-DPS: thanks for link - don't have to open it now

its great for £2 though

i would buy them all so when they become an antique you will own the only open ones and be quids in hopefully its the only shop that has them:roll:

Original Poster

bykergrove;8553970

sonic fury :lol:

DO WANT! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

churchill;8554017

its great for £2 though i would buy them all so when they become an … its great for £2 though i would buy them all so when they become an antique you will own the only open ones and be quids in hopefully its the only shop that has them:roll:

I should have done! Not going all the way back there though!!!

Brb - looking for a cheap VCR

Mallinersha;8553982

Its high tec in liverpool :-D
Also nobody ever got to play it in liverpool as their houses were burgled and the video was nicked before they could set it up.

Original Poster

waterloo;8554031

Its high tec in liverpool :-D Also nobody ever got to play it in … Its high tec in liverpool :-D Also nobody ever got to play it in liverpool as their houses were burgled and the video was nicked before they could set it up.

:giggle:

when u buy a vcr, let me know if u need video cassettes too!!!!lol- got loads of movies to sell!!!!

Original Poster

I'm gonna open the sucker....

Pics to follow.........

Is it not a weapons pack for soldiers in Afghanistan.

waterloo;8554031

Its high tec in liverpool :-D Also nobody ever got to play it in … Its high tec in liverpool :-D Also nobody ever got to play it in liverpool as their houses were burgled and the video was nicked before they could set it up.

Mallinersha;8554042

:giggle:

Forgot to add when they burgled the house they left these behind :-D

Original Poster

dontasciime;8554083

Is it not a weapons pack for soldiers in Afghanistan.

I think £2 per soldier is WAY out of the MOD's budget mate.....

Original Poster

Here it is and NO VCR TAPE - just a cheap looking DVD.. Must have got the upgraded version!

http://i41.tinypic.com/24lj293.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2j1js40.jpg

It smells like old.

Mallinersha;8554110

Here it is and NO VCR TAPE - just a cheap looking DVD.. Must have got the … Here it is and NO VCR TAPE - just a cheap looking DVD.. Must have got the upgraded version!It smells like old.

It's got a DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I smell something fishy!!

Banned

LOOOOOOOOOOOL loving the unveiling!

Original Poster

bykergrove;8554126

LOOOOOOOOOOOL loving the unveiling!

HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEEHE Stop it!!!

Original Poster

ei8hty5ive;8554123

It's got a DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I smell something fishy!!

Nah - I smell something old!

Mallinersha;8554129

Nah - I smell something old!

nah dont worry thats just my husbands mother who arrived yesterday for a week - and omg its been torture so far

Banned

Mallinersha;8554128

HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEEHE Stop it!!!

are you going to fire that bad boy up? i think it might only work on CRT screens though :-(

Original Poster

bossyboots;8554141

nah dont worry thats just my husbands mother who arrived yesterday for a … nah dont worry thats just my husbands mother who arrived yesterday for a week - and omg its been torture so far

Poor woman! A whole WEEK! :w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322833
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710975
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247575
    4. word association Game74244878

See more discussions