Groups

bought this tv last week and have 2 questions

bought this tv last week and have 2 more questions (SONY KDL55W829B) specs below
    sony.co.uk/sup…ist

question one how do i know if the usb is usb2 or usb3
    second question is on the tuners list what does that mean (ie how many tuners)

9 Comments

usually usb 3 can be identified by blue port on tv. i.e. The plastic line that you see in usb port on tv is blue.

Usb white bit in middle will be blue on usb3.

Don't know how you'd tell if it is USB 2 or 3 other than plugging something in that you know to only be USB 3 and see if it works but it looks like someone else does know ^^^!

Regarding the tuners it looks like it has everything covered... 2 x freeview, 2 x Freesat plus Analog, cable and something else! Why do you need to know how many you have now you've already bought it?
    Edited by: "buttonpushervic" 10th Jan 2015

Original Poster

buttonpushervic

Don't know how you'd tell if it is USB 2 or 3 other than plugging … Don't know how you'd tell if it is USB 2 or 3 other than plugging something in that you know to only be USB 3 and see if it works but it looks like someone else does know ^^^!Regarding the tuners it looks like it has everything covered... 2 x freeview, 2 x Freesat plus Analog, cable and something else! Why do you need to know how many you have now you've already bought it?

Tuners were not one of my reasons for buying this tv really and having read the specs just wondered what the tuner list was about although i did know it had pip or some varient of that where you could watch the tv and sky in another box

As for the usb forgot to add i already checked the colour and they are black not the normal white for usb2 or blue for usb3
    Edited by: "madmax666" 10th Jan 2015

I doubt it's USB3 as there's no reason for the transfer speed.

White for

madmax666

Tuners were not one of my reasons for buying this tv really and having … Tuners were not one of my reasons for buying this tv really and having read the specs just wondered what the tuner list was about although i did know it had pip or some varient of that where you could watch the tv and sky in another boxAs for the usb forgot to add i already checked the colour and they are black not the normal white for usb2 or blue for usb3

White for USB 2 ? where did you get that from, the only color I have seen on usb 2 is black.

Yep, agree with the above. Can't really see USB 3 making any massive difference on a TV even if recording to the USB?

Effectively the TV has both (1) Freeview SD/HD and (2) Freesat SD/HD tuners.

You can use (1) with just an aerial input, and (2) with a satellite input from a dish.

Original Poster

Thanks for that again guys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iptv814
      2. How to cancel Virgin Media?812
      3. Mountain bike £200-£30033
      4. Music download22

See more discussions