Groups

Boundary dispute . . . . .

Cliffs. . . .

We own the boundary, they wanna pull the existing fence up and put up a fence that I dont want (I want a bigger fence they are tres nosey! ), they said they will do it anyway and seek legal advice D'oh!!

apart from poping them off in the night any advise thanks you please!!

44 Comments

let them waste their money if your 100%sure its your boundry when you have the money for the fence just pull out the one they put there

do you own existing one? surely they cant pull up your property without consent

Why dont you suggest they put their fence on their land....past YOUR boundary...then your free to put your fence up when you want to They cant change things on your land without your permission....so just prove you own the existing fence and the land it is in/on...then say they are welcome to build their fence at their side of the boundary job done

Original Poster

I have it in black and white in my hand, i own the full boundary around my house

Let them put it up then bang a bigger fence on top - dilemma sorted - money saved

Is difficult, when we replaced our fence the neighbours said they wouldnt pay towards it because it was on our land (even though we were getting a gate put in so that they could get access to garden because they have an extension!) then when they got a bigger extension they argued that the fence at the front was on their side so they could have that extra half inch or whatever it was

Phone RICS in the morning, you get free 30 mins advice

rics.org/Pra…htm

Photocopy your land reg documents, highlight boundary ownership, give them copy. Tell them you will go to the police as it is criminal damage if they tear down your fence, and that any fence they put up will constitute trespass, and will be actioned as such if you wish.
    Is there a covenant requiring you to keep a fence up?

this is how they settled boundary disputes in the old days!
    http://aquestionofperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/seals.jpg

surveyline.com/Bou…tml

kelly_o_fanatic;6003732

Is difficult, when we replaced our fence the neighbours said they wouldnt … Is difficult, when we replaced our fence the neighbours said they wouldnt pay towards it because it was on our land (even though we were getting a gate put in so that they could get access to garden because they have an extension!) then when they got a bigger extension they argued that the fence at the front was on their side so they could have that extra half inch or whatever it was

wow you are tooooo nice i would of said 2 words begins with F and ends in off :lol:

-the old saying you give em an inch and they will take a mile springs to mind

take care with boundry and land as if they have it for so long, not too sure on length of time but if they maintain it etc dont they get to keep it after sooo many years ???

Hey hon, they can put up what they like within reason on their side of the land.

Make sure they're clear on where your boundary lies. Make it crystal to them you arent gonna tolerate anything on your land, whack up the larger fence when you're able to do so x x

ilovepink;6003770

take care with boundry and land as if they have it for so long, not too … take care with boundry and land as if they have it for so long, not too sure on length of time but if they maintain it etc dont they get to keep it after sooo many years ???

its called adverse possession.....google it if you need to....where someone else uses the land, without your permission, and it being clear they are doing so, for a length of time (think its 15 years) then they can aquire the land via adverse possession.
    Although im sure it is a requirement that your not using it at the time too....like unused land, not a garden/boundary

ilovepink;6003755

wow you are tooooo nice i would of said 2 words begins with F and ends in … wow you are tooooo nice i would of said 2 words begins with F and ends in off :lol:-the old saying you give em an inch and they will take a mile springs to mind

Yea, tell my parents! They are too nice, the kid next door doesnt like me because I say something if he climbs over our little wall or when he climbed into the garden etc. But if his parents wont then I will, its our property! He has more respect for me than he does his parents though

They really do take the Michael, but not as bad as it used to be. Fence is due to be replaced though, so will just have to remind them that its on their side....

lil_tiger;6003786

its called adverse possession.....google it if you need to....where … its called adverse possession.....google it if you need to....where someone else uses the land, without your permission, and it being clear they are doing so, for a length of time (think its 15 years) then they can aquire the land via adverse possession.Although im sure it is a requirement that your not using it at the time too....like unused land, not a garden/boundary

ah okies x

Original Poster

seancampbell;6003740

Photocopy your land reg documents, highlight boundary ownership, give … Photocopy your land reg documents, highlight boundary ownership, give them copy. Tell them you will go to the police as it is criminal damage if they tear down your fence, and that any fence they put up will constitute trespass, and will be actioned as such if you wish.Is there a covenant requiring you to keep a fence up?

Have told her (and so have the council) that we own the boundary, there is a fence there and it is to us to maintain it, the fence that is in place is in a good tidy manner. she is insistant it is HER fence tells my kids not to play near it, and came and told my oh he couldnt build a dog run near it either (i was out that day luckily!), she didnt even come and tell us she wanted it done it was only when the dog barked and oh went out to find a man measuring our fence we discovered what was going on!! hes coming back in the morning apparently :roll:

foxymissroxy;6003821

Have told her (and so have the council) that we own the boundary, there … Have told her (and so have the council) that we own the boundary, there is a fence there and it is to us to maintain it, the fence that is in place is in a good tidy manner. she is insistant it is HER fence tells my kids not to play near it, and came and told my oh he couldnt build a dog run near it either (i was out that day luckily!), she didnt even come and tell us she wanted it done it was only when the dog barked and oh went out to find a man measuring our fence we discovered what was going on!! hes coming back in the morning apparently :roll:

your neighbour sounds like a right idiot!!!

tells your kids not to play near teh fence:?

id be telling them to climb all over it :lol;

God some neighbours! Even with the proof from you and the coucil this woman just is not listening, I think you definately need to seek legal advice. Try your local CAB and see if they can offer any advice ( not sure if they deal in this kind of thing but worth phoning up and asking! )

Good luck and keep us updated

foxymissroxy;6003821

Have told her (and so have the council) that we own the boundary, there … Have told her (and so have the council) that we own the boundary, there is a fence there and it is to us to maintain it, the fence that is in place is in a good tidy manner. she is insistant it is HER fence tells my kids not to play near it, and came and told my oh he couldnt build a dog run near it either (i was out that day luckily!), she didnt even come and tell us she wanted it done it was only when the dog barked and oh went out to find a man measuring our fence we discovered what was going on!! hes coming back in the morning apparently :roll:

when the man comes back to do the fence, give him a copy of your ownership rights and tell him he touches your property, you'll sue him personally x

just let her do it and like i said when your ready to put yours in just take delight in ripping hers out :lol:

even ask her if she wants it back

ClarityofMind;6003853

when the man comes back to do the fence, give him a copy of your … when the man comes back to do the fence, give him a copy of your ownership rights and tell him he touches your property, you'll sue him personally x

Good idea hopefully he will have more sense and knows he will be doing illegal work so to speak

ilovepink;6003865

Good idea hopefully he will have more sense and knows he will be doing … Good idea hopefully he will have more sense and knows he will be doing illegal work so to speak

yep, they wont do it if they smell law suit x

foxymissroxy;6003821

I would knock on her door first thing in the morning with the papers that show you own the boundry and tell her that if anyone touches your fence, you're going to contact the police, And if you ever come home and find that she's just had your fence taken down whilst you're out, she'll only be wasting her money because you'll rip the thing down and then set fire to the bloody thing at the bottom of your garden.

also, if the chap turns up in the morning, before he starts work, also show him a copy of the paperwork showing him its your boundry and if he's a decent chap, he wont start work. If he does just carry on regardless, get straight on the phone to the police to stop him doing anything else then take legal advice about getting her to pay to have the fence repaired how you want it.

Banned

ClarityofMind;6003853

when the man comes back to do the fence, give him a copy of your … when the man comes back to do the fence, give him a copy of your ownership rights and tell him he touches your property, you'll sue him personally x

Nah.

Just go down there with a baseball bat and ask him if he wants some.

If it goes to court, you can plead that he was causing criminal damage to your property and he came at you with a hammer.

guv;6003904

Nah.Just go down there with a baseball bat and ask him if he wants … Nah.Just go down there with a baseball bat and ask him if he wants some.If it goes to court, you can plead that he was causing criminal damage to your property and he came at you with a hammer.

:lol:

guv;6003904

Nah.Just go down there with a baseball bat and ask him if he wants … Nah.Just go down there with a baseball bat and ask him if he wants some.If it goes to court, you can plead that he was causing criminal damage to your property and he came at you with a hammer.

;-)

I'm SURE I saw a hammer. Big thing it was. Scared me, officer.

ClarityofMind;6003853

That's the best advice. If the ditzy old sods won't listen, maybe the fence bloke will when it threatens his wallet.

ClarityofMind;6003933

;-)I'm SURE I saw a hammer. Big thing it was. Scared me, officer.

worked for gerrard :whistling:

Original Poster

guv;6003904

:thumbsup: you really could sell your advise for mega money hahahaha just polishing my bat :whistling:

thanks guise your all brill I'm so angry i dont even know my own name hahaha

ClarityofMind;6003933

;-)I'm SURE I saw a hammer. Big thing it was. Scared me, officer.

Hammer? i use a nailgun, lot quicker

let us know how you get on x

my neighbours are just like stalkers/weirdos, so not as bad as yours

the bird on the right hand side = think of the film single white female!!!!

serious

maffster;6003966

Hammer? i use a nailgun, lot quicker

oh ok... he SAID it was a NAILGUN, Officer... said he'd scare me real fast with it? :-D;-)

Did you take Legal Cover with your Home Insurance, it should cover mitigation for boundary disputes.

If not you might have some free with your bank account?

http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/2006-06-08.gif

Chap whose garden backs on to mine has reported me for allowing my dog to jump near my fence - 2 metres inside the boundary! Says I don't control him - in my own garden (and no he doesn't bark incessantly/growl - he just jumps - very occasionally, and he does do what I say).

Susannah;6005549

Chap whose garden backs on to mine has reported me for allowing my dog … Chap whose garden backs on to mine has reported me for allowing my dog to jump near my fence - 2 metres inside the boundary! Says I don't control him - in my own garden (and no he doesn't bark incessantly/growl - he just jumps - very occasionally, and he does do what I say).

Police love dog issues as the law is so against dog owners.

Dangerous Dog Act was a rushed out piece of work.

Banned

just let them put up a new fence. then wanna put down trellising on top

then you have bout a big fence = little money

csiman;6006232

just let them put up a new fence. then wanna put down trellising on … just let them put up a new fence. then wanna put down trellising on topthen you have bout a big fence = little money

A note of caution here, the fence may be on your property but the fence would still be owned by your neighbour so if you were to fix the trellis to the fence, the neighbour could claim that you have damaged the fence.

Banned

doberman;6007691

A note of caution here, the fence may be on your property but the fence … A note of caution here, the fence may be on your property but the fence would still be owned by your neighbour so if you were to fix the trellis to the fence, the neighbour could claim that you have damaged the fence.

in which case you tell them to remove the fence from your property :-D

I see what you are saying though

Original Poster

UPDATE!!!

the fence was fitted today, I am not too happy the first part in on my boundary which she is now saying is hers and she has the deeds! it is my boundary its on my deeds i have checked with the local council who said that on their deeds it was also my boundary. basically the woman next door told them to build the fence (after i went out to stop them!) on her side and she will get her solicitor to claim the money for having it moved back to the boundary line!!! the first part of my fence has been removed and hers in its place then it jaunts out into her side.

I am not happy as the fisrt bit is now on the boundary line and my fence has been cut (which i never gave permission for) and if i want a bigger fence i either A) have it my side of the boundary or B) go through the hassle of getting hers removed GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1734
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846238
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32183
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2437

See more discussions