Bourbon biscuits

Found 4th Feb 2016
Tesco seem to have stopped doing their own brand Bourbon biscuits and Asda also... Aldi seem to have stopped making their own and changed to Hills Sainsburys and Morrisons don't seem to do their own,

Where can you get just normal Bourbon biscuits?
Community Updates
AskBourbonBiscuit
17 Comments
I was told in Asda that Burtons factory got flooded, They supply all the supermarkets.! Was gutted, my son loves them, Managed to get a different brand in Asda earlier this week but suspect they won't last long lol.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 4th Feb 2016
I was wondering what happened to them. As they are my kids fav.
My daughter is gutted to .... Is the factory going to up and running again ?
Ditto...sainsbury's aren't selling their own Bourbons or Custard creams and haven't been for the last 2 weeks.
just goes to show they are pretty much all the same product
Ahh that answers it! Thank you. I also have a son who loves Bourbons!
The flood is also why ginger has lost his nuts (no ginger biscuits ;-) )
robin5858

The flood is also why ginger has lost his nuts (no ginger biscuits ;-) )

just going to say the same - McVities in Carlisle is still closed after the floods

EliTom
aishy1066

My daughter is gutted to .... Is the factory going to up and running … My daughter is gutted to .... Is the factory going to up and running again ?

First world crisis !!!!

EliTom
just get one big bourbon

http://thebiscuiterie.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/bourbon-biscuit-close.jpg
First id heard of it until i saw this thread
They had none in morrisons over eastbourne yesterday
They are always rubbish as never have hardly any biscuits
Missus picked up some hill bourbon biscuits from asda eastbourne on her way home
We were not just looking for biscuits as was doing the weekly shop
pretty sure u can get them aldis and lidls
I know we like to think that things like supermarket biscuits all ultimately come from the same factory and are just repackaged, but take it from a lactose intolerant who checks the labels on everything he buys.
they don't.
I have seen on other boards that people (<- read 'idiots') who heard about the factory probs have been bulk buying biscuits all week too, which won't be helping with the shortages
niceguyrichy

I know we like to think that things like supermarket biscuits all … I know we like to think that things like supermarket biscuits all ultimately come from the same factory and are just repackaged, but take it from a lactose intolerant who checks the labels on everything he buys. they don't. I have seen on other boards that people (<- read 'idiots') who heard about the factory probs have been bulk buying biscuits all week too, which won't be helping with the shortages

They sometimes alter recipes, Lots of things are made in the same factories but not everything, You'll probably find that lots of factories have special lines for gluten free etc. etc.. Obviously everyone will now be bulk buying bourbons now :(.
I just bought some from aldi yesterday
In one of the food special documentaries, a supplier showed how they vary the ingredients based on supermarket provided price targets. So the same value brands in different supermarkets coming from the same factory will be different - they are not simply repackaged. That is one of the reasons you will find that Sainsburys' Basic ranges are far better than ASDA ones and hence the prices a bit higher.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions