Groups

Bournemouth

Perhaps a bit of a random thing to ask on here, but you guys nearly always come up with the goods... I'm planning a weekend away to Bournemouth and I'm not really sure where to stay.

I may want the impossible - somewhere within walking distance of all the stuff going on in the evening but not somewhere that's mega noisy/busy. Somewhere with a sea view is obviously a bonus! - I've not been to Bournemouth since I was about 5 (22 years ago lol) so I can't remember much, and I'm sure it's changed.

So, reccomendations for areas to stay, or even actual places? - Looking for somewhere nice rather than ultra budget but its just for 2 blokes so nothing ott!

15 Comments

i stayed in a lovely b and b, was really cheap, brought your breakfast up to the room for you aswell. it was right near the town, literally 2 streets away but was still quite. im racking my brains to remember the name of the place though, so ive not been that great a help!! will find out though.

sig1169;8461985

i stayed in a lovely b and b, was really cheap, brought your breakfast … i stayed in a lovely b and b, was really cheap, brought your breakfast up to the room for you aswell. it was right near the town, literally 2 streets away but was still quite. im racking my brains to remember the name of the place though, so ive not been that great a help!! will find out though.

Same, I stayed in one right near the front, was £25 for me and my boyfriend, really modern hotel with pool and breakfast and bar, just forgot the name, doing my head in thinking!!!

Got it!!
    stmicks.co.uk/ind…tml

Original Poster

Thanks for the reccomendation, I just had a look and it's fully booked for the weekend I had in mind

Is that the area to be though - i.e. is that location a good compromise for most stuff?

We stayed at the devere royal bath. Nice hotel in the centre, overlooking the sea. We payed £59 per room per night bed and breakfast.

oldskooladdict;8462197

Thanks for the reccomendation, I just had a look and it's fully booked … Thanks for the reccomendation, I just had a look and it's fully booked for the weekend I had in mind Is that the area to be though - i.e. is that location a good compromise for most stuff?

Its in the perfect location hun, I stayed there, and its near everything but not rowdy at all! 5 mins walk to beach and 5mins to town/bars etc ( walking through the gardens) Hope you have a good time wherever you stay:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Pizzapie;8462499

We stayed at the devere royal bath. Nice hotel in the centre, overlooking … We stayed at the devere royal bath. Nice hotel in the centre, overlooking the sea. We payed £59 per room per night bed and breakfast.

Cheers, that looks very nice, sadly that's booked too! - I guess 7th-9th May is a tad short notice!

Few decent places around Exeter road, not too far from the sea and town.

what about a travel lodge ]Travel Lodge Bournemouth, its quite busy down here at the mo as the weather is good.

Banned

from my drunk cocktail swilling bird... try the Royal Exeter Hotel, with so I am led to believe a fantastic cocktail bar underneath, plus the BIC is across the road.. and two mins walk into town..

Original Poster

richp;8462638

what about a travel lodge ]Travel Lodge Bournemouth, its quite busy down … what about a travel lodge ]Travel Lodge Bournemouth, its quite busy down here at the mo as the weather is good.

Booked as well - I guess that's the problem with such short notice! - We might have to put it off till July at this rate - although no doubt that's filling up fast in most places!

Original Poster

dog_cop;8462742

from my drunk cocktail swilling bird... try the Royal Exeter Hotel, with … from my drunk cocktail swilling bird... try the Royal Exeter Hotel, with so I am led to believe a fantastic cocktail bar underneath, plus the BIC is across the road.. and two mins walk into town..

lol, also booked! - I'm starting to think there's some random event going on that weekend that I'm too stupid to have realised - even places which looked really nasty and were expensive are booked!

I live here so have first hand knowledge of a few places

Try these - all close to town but not rough, mad or too expensive:

thehopinn.co.uk/

lampeterhotel.co.uk/

safarihotel.com/

If you get no joy I will get a few more for you. Its busy that weekend with stags/hens etc but you should find somewhere.

dates and numbers please?

might book my self
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      3. love affairs1547
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273

See more discussions