Bournemouth beach why are people so selfish?

Posted 25th Jun
theguardian.com/wor…ast

this is the type of behaviour that would start a second wave of covid 19
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Why is tens of thousands on a beach a major incident yet tens of thousands protesting, rioting and defacing public monuments is not?
eshaq78625/06/2020 22:30

Screw the lockdown and this virus. Can’t be indefinitely living in fear. L …Screw the lockdown and this virus. Can’t be indefinitely living in fear. Life goes on. Enjoy summer while it lasts people. You should all know by now British summers are rare and very short.

Life is rare & short as well, but I'd like it to last as long as possible without it being shortened by catching a worldwide virus.
Edited by: "richp" 25th Jun
"I don't want my kids going to school, they might catch covid, I know let's all go to Bournemouth beaches & sit on the sand shoulder to shoulder instead" probably some parents somewhere.
eshaq78625/06/2020 22:56

Life is about taking risk

That is a direct quote from question time.

But your life is not about taking risks at the expensive of others. That is selfishness.
131 Comments
And they will wonder why in 3-4 weeks the death toll rise again.
bigwheels25/06/2020 22:17

Wait till we are forced into another lockdown
Edited by: "bigwheels" 25th Jun
"I don't want my kids going to school, they might catch covid, I know let's all go to Bournemouth beaches & sit on the sand shoulder to shoulder instead" probably some parents somewhere.
bigwheels25/06/2020 22:18

Wait till we are forced into another lockdown

The BIG problem is Borish won't do that when he has to.
Screw the lockdown and this virus. Can’t be indefinitely living in fear. Life goes on. Enjoy summer while it lasts people. You should all know by now British summers are rare and very short.
All went downhill since Cummings debacle and protests every week, govern doesn't seem to be in control.

Screw the lockdown and this virus. Can’t be indefinitely living in fear. L …Screw the lockdown and this virus. Can’t be indefinitely living in fear. Life goes on. Enjoy summer while it lasts people. You should all know by now British summers are rare and very short.

Life is rare & short as well, but I'd like it to last as long as possible without it being shortened by catching a worldwide virus.
Edited by: "richp" 25th Jun
I still don't get why people just simply cannot stay at home 😬 I've not been to my mum's house since lockdown started and those people lying on the beaches and going to the parks for the parties etc - It blows my mind! And I really love people who doesn't believe the virus and saying it's a fake virus... Yes it's fake until you don't get one
bigwheels25/06/2020 22:17

3 or 4 weeks. No. It’s rising now if you look at the charts
Most of the people on Bournemouth beaches were from cities by all accounts from authorities. People that live by the coast tend to respect the coast & not leave all their junk behind.
joyf453625/06/2020 22:27

The BIG problem is Borish won't do that when he has to.

If people weren't retarded and followed the simple rules he wouldn't have too.
richp25/06/2020 22:34

Life is rare & short as well, but I'd like it to last as long as possible …Life is rare & short as well, but I'd like it to last as long as possible without it being shortened by catching a worldwide virus.

Life is about taking risk and this virus is low risk in the grand scheme of things. I believe the virus is real but I think the reaction is being blown out of proportion. I think in many years time when we get down to the facts of the virus itself we will realise that it wasn’t worth the consequences of lockdown. Far more detrimental things will now happen to pay for this lockdown. Just you wait and see. We will have another decade of cuts.

Life is about taking risk

That is a direct quote from question time.

But your life is not about taking risks at the expensive of others. That is selfishness.
.MUFC.25/06/2020 22:44

If people weren't retarded and followed the simple rules he wouldn't have …If people weren't retarded and followed the simple rules he wouldn't have too.

Sadly they are.
ccnp25/06/2020 22:49

3 or 4 weeks. No. It’s rising now if you look at the charts

bigwheels25/06/2020 22:18

Wait till we are forced into another lockd

I know, I walk for an hour a day and used to go through the park and woods to avoid people.
But there are so many groups of people having a BBQ, party or picnic etc In the park I’m scared to enter.
I walk the streets were it safe and empty.
I need to be careful as I’m a 24 hour a day carer.
Need to protect my friend who I care for.
Willy_Wonka25/06/2020 22:59

That is a direct quote from question time.But your life is not about …That is a direct quote from question time.But your life is not about taking risks at the expensive of others. That is selfishness.

Yes and you taking risks ups the chance of you contracting covid 19 and then put nhs staff at risk
Willy_Wonka25/06/2020 22:59

That is a direct quote from question time.But your life is not about …That is a direct quote from question time.But your life is not about taking risks at the expensive of others. That is selfishness.

People that are scared of getting it should stay and isolate themselves. Let the rest of society including those that are relatively healthy and/or anyone that is willing to take the risk carry on. That way the ‘healthier’ people achieve herd immunity for the people that are scared. This current form of lockdown achieves nothing and causes far more damage now and stores damage for the future.

"Life goes on" Very sadly not for everyone,
_Tris_25/06/2020 23:05

Yes and you taking risks ups the chance of you contracting covid 19 and …Yes and you taking risks ups the chance of you contracting covid 19 and then put nhs staff at risk

Not just NHS. Everyone
Virus is here to stay. Enjoy your life as it was before with short life expectancy or live a long life in isolation.

It's not indefinitely though,its for a few months only as various countries have shown,shame our lot are too thick and selfish to realise that.

I'd happily skip a summer for a few thousand people to live longer.

If we had gone into proper lockdown a couple weeks earlier we would be over it now pretty much.
MR112325/06/2020 23:11

Virus is here to stay. Enjoy your life as it was before with short life …Virus is here to stay. Enjoy your life as it was before with short life expectancy or live a long life in isolation.

Nope if we all work together virus wont last half as long
Sc4mp025/06/2020 23:19

It's not indefinitely though,its for a few months only as various …It's not indefinitely though,its for a few months only as various countries have shown,shame our lot are too thick and selfish to realise that.I'd happily skip a summer for a few thousand people to live longer.If we had gone into proper lockdown a couple weeks earlier we would be over it now pretty much.

Flip side is that with the way the world is connected, COVID will continually keep infecting as soon as you open up travel etc. And then what lockdown again? You can’t be continuously in and out of lockdown until a vaccine(which may never be found) is developed. Not good for the economy or people’s mental health.
Why is tens of thousands on a beach a major incident yet tens of thousands protesting, rioting and defacing public monuments is not?
_Tris_25/06/2020 23:22

Nope if we all work together virus wont last half as long

I’d replace the word selfish with imbeciles
_Tris_25/06/2020 23:05

Yes and you taking risks ups the chance of you contracting covid 19 and …Yes and you taking risks ups the chance of you contracting covid 19 and then put nhs staff at risk

Contracting any disease puts nhs staff at risk. If you don't wish to treat people because you might catch something then you shouldn't be in the medical profession..
xenophon25/06/2020 23:44

Contracting any disease puts nhs staff at risk. If you don't wish to treat …Contracting any disease puts nhs staff at risk. If you don't wish to treat people because you might catch something then you shouldn't be in the medical profession..

Someone ignoring lockdown rules and catches the virus and then has to be treated is that fair on the nhs? When if they had listened the nhs would be protected
the 2nd wave is coming

Life is about taking risk and this virus is low risk in the grand scheme …Life is about taking risk and this virus is low risk in the grand scheme of things. I believe the virus is real but I think the reaction is being blown out of proportion. I think in many years time when we get down to the facts of the virus itself we will realise that it wasn’t worth the consequences of lockdown. Far more detrimental things will now happen to pay for this lockdown. Just you wait and see. We will have another decade of cuts.

Tell that to the BAME community....which you're part of.

Not taking any risks didn't save them...
Disappointing but not unexpected. Coronavirus isn't a button that can be flicked on and off - it's still out there, just the threat has (currently) lessened. Many are selfish by nature and if you're younger you tend to think you're invincible and usually more impulsive in your decisions.

But in saying that, I've heard plenty of middle-aged and elderly people saying it's all made-up tosh to control society/turn us into a cashless economy/make money.

Hopefully we don't come to regret this, but I'll continue being careful, avoiding public transport as much as I can and keeping life low-key.
The saddest thing on here is that people don’t even understand there doing wrong by going !
That’s not talking about the screw heads that thing the whole virus is a myth
But keep well everyone
_Tris_25/06/2020 23:46

Someone ignoring lockdown rules and catches the virus and then has to be …Someone ignoring lockdown rules and catches the virus and then has to be treated is that fair on the nhs? When if they had listened the nhs would be protected

The NHS isn't there to be protected, it is there to treat people regardless of whether their illnesses are due to irresponsible and/or risk taking behaviour. Don't get ill otherwise you will put undue pressure on the NHS.
coolbob25/06/2020 22:33

All went downhill since Cummings debacle and protests every week, govern …All went downhill since Cummings debacle and protests every week, govern doesn't seem to be in control.

Anyone who claims Cummings as an excuse to be a fanny and break lockdown rules was just looking for an excuse - like the old adage “if so and so jumped off a cliff, would you?” One persons idiocy doesn’t give others carte Blanche to copy. We’re not 5. They’d have found another excuse - like the protests probably!
xenophon26/06/2020 00:16

The NHS isn't there to be protected, it is there to treat people …The NHS isn't there to be protected, it is there to treat people regardless of whether their illnesses are due to irresponsible and/or risk taking behaviour. Don't get ill otherwise you will put undue pressure on the NHS.

So why was the slogan. Stay at home( protect the NHS ), when the lockdown started
Azwipe25/06/2020 23:28

Why is tens of thousands on a beach a major incident yet tens of thousands …Why is tens of thousands on a beach a major incident yet tens of thousands protesting, rioting and defacing public monuments is not?

Awwwwww....still burning???
.MUFC.25/06/2020 22:44

If people weren't retarded and followed the simple rules he wouldn't have …If people weren't retarded and followed the simple rules he wouldn't have too.

Flip that
Nat_urally26/06/2020 00:16

Anyone who claims Cummings as an excuse to be a fanny and break lockdown …Anyone who claims Cummings as an excuse to be a fanny and break lockdown rules was just looking for an excuse - like the old adage “if so and so jumped off a cliff, would you?” One persons idiocy doesn’t give others carte Blanche to copy. We’re not 5. They’d have found another excuse - like the protests probably!

Absolute twaddle. One of my mates who was religious about following the rules saw the Cummings incident and completely changed his entire stance on the matter. It wasn't the fact that one of the chief authors of the lockdown rulebook had traveled to Durham with his wife and kid while infected with COVID19. Amazingly he let that slide. It was when he found out about the trip to the castle on Cummings' wife's birthday.

That did it for him. Now he doesn't listen to a single word/press release/ statement the government issues. Everything clicked into place when my friend found it it was Cumming's wife's birthday when they went to the castle (she went too!)

He knew that Cummings' didn't have an ounce of respect for his own rules. It has subsequently been discovered that the cottage Cummings stayed at was built without planning permission and no council tax had ever been paid for the cottage.

When Dominic Cummings writes the rules - they are for YOU to obey - not him. While people's relatives were dying in isolation in Intensive care wards Cumming was jollying it up on his wife's birthday.
Edited by: "anthony.james" 26th Jun

Life doesn't go on for the 60,000+ who died because of covid 19 #Idiot

Life is about taking risk and this virus is low risk in the grand scheme …Life is about taking risk and this virus is low risk in the grand scheme of things. I believe the virus is real but I think the reaction is being blown out of proportion. I think in many years time when we get down to the facts of the virus itself we will realise that it wasn’t worth the consequences of lockdown. Far more detrimental things will now happen to pay for this lockdown. Just you wait and see. We will have another decade of cuts.

WTF so you are saying peoples lives don't matter !
It is only money you can't eat it or use it as a roof
Post a comment
@
    Text