Boxes for moving house

Found 19th Mar
Any recommendations for where to get boxes for moving house?

Cheaper the better... Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I need to know this as well! Any suggestions pls?
Homebase got them stacked up for free. Don't aldi and lidl offer for free to. I heard tesco offer boxes at specific times as our Local will hand them out around 4pm but I've not had confirmation of that.. Homebase definitely have a help yourself to boxs section by tills
Edited by: "wayners" 19th Mar
wayners1 m ago

Homebase got them stacked up for free. Don't aldi and lidl offer for free …Homebase got them stacked up for free. Don't aldi and lidl offer for free to. I heard tesco offer boxes at specific times as our Local will hand them out around 4pm but I've not had confirmation of that.. Homebase definitely have a help yourself to boxs section by tills

Thanks for that! That's really helpful
Work as a cleaner for a day. You’ll have plenty

Dumpster diving even better
B&M as they use double wall. Lidl when they have the Saturday offers, supposed to be good boxes aswell, there are plenty of places. Bathroom suppliers and plumbers have good boxes and packing too
Just reading on net. Seems its about timing to get the boxes.. You need to ask so you can pick up from places like tesco before they demolish them.. Probably why I heard 4pm was a good time at our local store.. Think a few trips to homebase will sort you out as will fill the car up with just a few I guess.
Edited by: "wayners" 19th Mar
Try asking on gumtree for someone who's just moved, they are usually glad to be rid of them. That's how I disposed of mine last year and it saved me a trip to the tip.
Buy them on amazon, you can then reuse them to put all your old rubbish in the loft when you’ve moved.

Another option is to hire packing crates from a removal firm, it’s normally a weekly charge.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 19th Mar
Best place any Tesco superstore or Extra and Best time around 11pm when they are filling ... as many as you want - free of Cost
Wilko sell moving boxes, fantastic quality and super strong
Most self storage places sell good quality boxes.
Facebook, gumtree etc. there are usually loads for free
Costco have plenty. Try your local fruit and veg market they have lots of boxes that they dispose of.
In the middle of doing that now. After looking around I ended up buying some on eBay. Have paid around £21 for 20 boxes which arrived very quickly. Have just ordered again for the third time.
Freecycle or McDonald's fries boxes.
deleted1416210
If asking at supermarkets, I would recommend asking for banana boxes, they are super strong and stack really well. They don't really break down so you generally pick them up whole, so depending on your vehicle you might be limited to how many you can transport at a time.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants