Groups
    EXPIRED

boxes for moving house

due to move house and we need some cardboard boxes. Any idea where we could get some from?

10 Comments

Are you able to get them from your local supermarket nowadays?

Maybe ask a porter at a supermarket to give you some? better than buying them.

Original Poster

Indigo Unbrella

Are you able to get them from your local supermarket nowadays?Maybe ask a … Are you able to get them from your local supermarket nowadays?Maybe ask a porter at a supermarket to give you some? better than buying them.

i will have to ask at my local supermarkets

Train stations.

I know it sounds odd, but our shop alone throw away loads everyday. Worth calling in and asking if they have any

You could always ask on Freecycle if there's a group near you.

Try McDonald's.

I never eat there, but their fries/burger boxes are a handy size for moving.

They usually have loads out the back. Sometimes collapsed, but you can tape them up easily enough.

Original Poster

furq

Try McDonald's.I never eat there, but their fries/burger boxes are a … Try McDonald's.I never eat there, but their fries/burger boxes are a handy size for moving.They usually have loads out the back. Sometimes collapsed, but you can tape them up easily enough.

my friends a manager at maccys i will ask her.

doublecuffs i will ask on freecycle as well.

Thanx everyone for your help.

so did mc d's work ? a friend of mine needs some also. might be a bit embrassing asking ???

Our local Wyevale garden centre has a bin/enclosure next to the exit(indoors) with discarded cardboard boxes and plastic pot trays. We use the boxes for our purchases instead of plastic bags. Most boxes are small but you could ask if they have any larger sizes.

Now i'm pretty i sure i saw them in argos...... you buy a pack depending on the size of your house. worth a look im sure thats where i saw them

removal companies normally will rent/sell you them. I'm assuming that you are getting a removal firm of course.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions