Groups

Boycott BP stations to force petrol prices down?

Do you think if as many people as possible boycotted BP petrol stations they would be forced to lower their prices to attract custom? Incidentally, it doesn't have to be BP!!

18 Comments

Banned

some of the stupidity of this forum makes me lose the will to live.

OP = potentially most ridiculously stupid user ever.

Banned

BP have some money to recoup plus its the government taxes that youre crying about

you can afford it.

Why just BP, why not Tesco?

Lol no one will boycott petrol stations. Everyone will moan it's expensive yet they still need to get around so they will keep pumping fuel into their cars.

Original Poster

vibeone

some of the stupidity of this forum makes me lose the will to live.OP = … some of the stupidity of this forum makes me lose the will to live.OP = potentially most ridiculously stupid user ever.

Lighten up eh, its just a question, deary me.

numptyj

Lol no one will boycott petrol stations. Everyone will moan it's … Lol no one will boycott petrol stations. Everyone will moan it's expensive yet they still need to get around so they will keep pumping fuel into their cars.

youre losing your touch numpty m8-19th january and still got a christmas avatar? pah!

Original Poster

matt3454

Why just BP, why not Tesco?

I only used BP as an example. It could be any large chain of petrol stations.

Original Poster

numptyj

Lol no one will boycott petrol stations. Everyone will moan it's … Lol no one will boycott petrol stations. Everyone will moan it's expensive yet they still need to get around so they will keep pumping fuel into their cars.

I dont mean to boycott ALL petrol stations. Just boycott one leading brand, go fill up somewhere else.

inelastic product: Wont work plus BP are forced into the pricing because of Duty and Costs

barky

youre losing your touch numpty m8-19th january and still got a christmas … youre losing your touch numpty m8-19th january and still got a christmas avatar? pah!

Its only 48 weeks to christmas brah, gonna keep it up

Count me in I'll grab my lottery ticket from the post office instead.

Banned

OP....about 64% of the price you pay for fuel goes to the government....the petrol station franchisee only makes a few pence per litre, accept Tesco of course, who put extra water in their fuel. BP is the last oil company to target as they sell the best quality petrol and diesel of all. Every car I've ever owned performs better and gets more MPG on BP feul.
    Edited by: "slamdunkin" 19th Jan 2011

strike

Wont work plus BP are forced into the pricing because of Duty and Costs

They still managed £9billion profits in 2009 even with all their costs and duty costs

Banned

Lofty124

Lighten up eh, its just a question, deary me.

Sorry, please excuse me, I just don't like morons.

Banned

scoff

They still managed £9billion profits in 2009 even with all their costs … They still managed £9billion profits in 2009 even with all their costs and duty costs

Not bad considering their profit margin veried from 5-8% over that period....BP PM is currently as low a 2.39%

scoff

They still managed £9billion profits in 2009 even with all their costs … They still managed £9billion profits in 2009 even with all their costs and duty costs

BP sell the crude oil that they discover and make huge profits. You are very naive if you think the money is all made at the pump.

Banned

scoff

of which zero came from the UK retail side..............(_;)

Original Poster

vibeone

Sorry, please excuse me, I just don't like morons.

Likewise!! btw, good avatar...sums you up a treat.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions