Groups

Boylesports, Betting Help

was at the Sunderland/Boro match today, and took Cisse and 2-0 Sunderland, but Cisse wasnt on the pitch when Chops scored the first.

So, at FT, he's me thinking I've won, and I take it to the bookie who says "sorry, that bet aint valid" because Cisse played, therefore could have scored?

Im like "WTF?"

Advice please? Am i right, or does the bet not stand? Whenever Ladbrokes took ya bet, it went on the score if ya player was not on the pitch when the first goal was scored?

4 Comments

nah your wrong, never heard of the bookies paying out on that

Original Poster

roryk83;3013402

nah your wrong, never heard of the bookies paying out on that

really?

im confused now, sure ladbrokes paid out 2 seasons ago. oh well

they don't pay on only half of the scorecast correct, simply because it didnt win, if you however put a bet on the score only then you'd be a winner.
    doesnt matter whether the player was on the pitch or not when the first goal was scored, unless he didn't play any part of the game then you would get a refund on your bet.

Banned

mug51;3016189

they don't pay on only half of the scorecast correct, simply because it … they don't pay on only half of the scorecast correct, simply because it didnt win, if you however put a bet on the score only then you'd be a winner.doesnt matter whether the player was on the pitch or not when the first goal was scored, unless he didn't play any part of the game then you would get a refund on your bet.

Thats not quite right
    If a player has taken no part in the game before the first goal then the bet would revert to a correct score bet, you wouldn't get a refund.
    So say you backed player xxx to score first and 2-0 and player xxx was a sub, if there was a goal before he came on the pitch, then if the game finished 2-0 you would win, anything else would lose. You would only get the correct score odds though obviously.
    However in this case he did play a part in the game before the first goal so it was a losing bet.

Although it is commonly known as a scorecast, it is actually a double. So if the first goal is scored before the player has been on the pitch he is classed as a non runner, but the other part of the bet still stands.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie911
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions