Groups

Boys and Girls Alone - Anyone Watch???

Just finished watching this TV show on channel 4.
    Its the worst thing ive ever seen on TV.

I can't believe that this has happened!

All those little kids going through hell for tv ratings. All those parents allowing it to happen. Child services should be involved.

16 Comments

i agree...uncomfortable watching

This was mentioned on Loose Women earlier today - and no doubt will be mentioned again tomorrow - MY GOD!

WHY????

Those poor, poor children - for the Love of God WHY??

Ouch painful viewing for me - I wonder if it was for the 60 seconds of fame that the parents get or? And if it was FOR children, why televise it after the watershed.....

In other words, they dont really want children seeing it?

Oh dear - no doubt this will evoke some stong feelings one way or another...

xx

what was it about?

Original Poster

well I just complained to ofcom, nothing to TV has evr made me want to complain before, not that it will make any difference. wonder how many other people have?

My thirteen year old watched it and was horrified at the lack of common sense and ability of the boys, in my house everyone can cook, wash, clean and be aware of other peoples feelings. She also noticed the bitchiness of the girls at the very start and when they kicked off blamed it on the parents.....out of the mouths of babes! ( I didn't see any of it, except the last 5 mins but seemed to be a ratings grabber).

Original Poster

MJK94;4276444

what was it about?

10 boys and 10 girls aged 8-12 living alone for 2 weeks. bullying, fighting, swearing, smoking etc etc.

when they were crying and begging to come home the parents told them to stay and to all intents and perposes be a man ( to a 9 year old boy) to finish what he started.

cloudthecat;4276408

This was mentioned on Loose Women earlier today - and no doubt will be … This was mentioned on Loose Women earlier today - and no doubt will be mentioned again tomorrow - MY GOD!WHY????Those poor, poor children - for the Love of God WHY??Ouch painful viewing for me - I wonder if it was for the 60 seconds of fame that the parents get or? And if it was FOR children, why televise it after the watershed.....In other words, they dont really want children seeing it?Oh dear - no doubt this will evoke some stong feelings one way or another...xx

I thought the use of strong language was probably the reason the show was aired after the watershed.
    Are these kids actually expected to be able to cook, clean and generally look after themselves at 8 and 9 years old??

Just the latest example of what a sick, shallow society we have become.

Those scumbag parents allowing their kids to be put through misery, simply to satisfy their own pathetic egos. :x

At least the morons who go on Big Brother and similar shows go there voluntarily to expose their stupidity for the entertainment of thickos.

These poor kids were obviously pushed into it by their scummy parents and slimy TV people with an eye on the ratings. What a lousy shower, but unfortunately typical of so many of today's thickos for whom TV - and particularly these so called 'reality' shows - occupy virtually their whole life.

just a note- I think the cigarettes were fake ones

rewinded about 5 times and they look plastic

Banned

I thought the programme was very interesting. It was harsh, yes and we believe it would probably scar the kids but I actually enjoyed seeing what they chose to do.

uni_student;4277007

. . . It was harsh, yes and we believe it would probably scar the kids . … . . . It was harsh, yes and we believe it would probably scar the kids . . .

And yet you claim to have enjoyed the programme!

Unless you are trolling, you need to take a long hard look at what sort of a person you are. :x

I didnt see it, but why would a parent allow this?

Banned

renard;4277398

And yet you claim to have enjoyed the programme!Unless you are trolling, … And yet you claim to have enjoyed the programme!Unless you are trolling, you need to take a long hard look at what sort of a person you are. :x

I know exactly who I am.

I am a very grounded person and work in Education.
    I enjoyed watching the programme because it gave me a further insight into the minds of children and the choices they make when adults are not around.
    I enjoyed making judgements about the parents and being proved wrong as it made me more responsive.
    I enjoyed seeing the 8 year olds act more maturely than those older than them.
    Personally I enjoyed the girls who will grow up to be the 'popular' kids (i.e. the bi***es who will later in life tread on anyone to get what they want) shown in a bad light.

does that answer your question?

And, unless YOU are a sadist, why did you continue to watch it if you thought it was so bad? 'x.'

marsland95l2cr;4276537

10 boys and 10 girls aged 8-12 living alone for 2 weeks. bullying, … 10 boys and 10 girls aged 8-12 living alone for 2 weeks. bullying, fighting, swearing, smoking etc etc.when they were crying and begging to come home the parents told them to stay and to all intents and perposes be a man ( to a 9 year old boy) to finish what he started.

That was a very stupid idea, if they are smoking etc thats against the law so if any children were watching they would think it be OK to smoke

If you watch carefully the 'smoke' was being blown out of the cigarette,so they were the talcum powder ones, but not a good thing to encourage children to do.

uni_student;4283128

I know exactly who I am.I am a very grounded person and work in … I know exactly who I am.I am a very grounded person and work in Education. I enjoyed watching the programme because it gave me a further insight into the minds of children and the choices they make when adults are not around. I enjoyed making judgements about the parents and being proved wrong as it made me more responsive. I enjoyed seeing the 8 year olds act more maturely than those older than them. Personally I enjoyed the girls who will grow up to be the 'popular' kids (i.e. the bi***es who will later in life tread on anyone to get what they want) shown in a bad light.does that answer your question?And, unless YOU are a sadist, why did you continue to watch it if you thought it was so bad? 'x.'

Predictably, you respond with wishy-washy jargon.

For instance: "I enjoyed making judgements about the parents and being proved wrong as it made me more responsive." Such meaningless claptrap may earn you Brownie points among your peers, but it cuts no ice in the real world.

Also predictably, you accuse me of being a sadist. Typical of the Thought Nazi - should anyone disagree with your views, immediately attack them for being an -ist. Racist, sexist etc.

Should you ever shake these woolly ideas out of your head, you may realise that of paramount importance is the welfare of those children, not your trendy ideas.

Fascinating that you 'work in education'. It had to be that, or social services.

I will close now, mindful that you will probably wish to return to reading your copy of The Guardian.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410
      3. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…34
      4. Free Codes from EGX44

See more discussions