Groups

Boys and Girls Names

1st baby due in a few weeks but we are struggling to pick a name for either sex !!

What are your childrens names please ??

Need some inspiration.

117 Comments

You'll know when they come along.........you'll find a name that will just fit. We changed our name choices so many times.

My 3 are Joshua, Taylor & Riley. Congrats btw.

my daughter was the only Vanessa in school...i like it more than i did when she was named.

My other childen all have popular names nothing different. My grandaughter is Isabella which is popular now.

I have an Ashleigh Anne and a Connor Joseph..... congratulations!!

X)my two girls are lauren and Tiphany.
    My nephews are lewis, Ruaraidh (sounding roory) Brodie and Sean
    good luck with ur new baby

Browse a website listing boys' names.
    Each of you make a list of your favourite 10 names, then score them accordingly (10 for your favourite, down to 1 for your 10th favourite).
    Add together both your sets of scores.
    Highest score wins.
    Repeat for girls' names.

We've got a Leah ( i wanted Leia!) and a Sam

Celebrate your only cup win

Nicola or Nicholas, could even go for Ziggy X)

Or be a right chavster and go for the whole first team if it's a boy, like to be there when you raise that one.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 6th Apr 2011

My two are Ellie and Joseph
    Ive noticed a lot of people are reverting back to old fashioned names , epecially for boys , the school i work in theres lots of Georges, Henrys, even one called Bert oO

Ditto post #1.. Im sure you'll just know.

We had some conversations on it and we liked Chloe and Daniel.. But when my partner passed I just wanted to name him after his dad, so hes not a Daniel but a Jason instead!

What are your childrens names please ??

Mine are called "Come here NOW!!" & "Stop that at once!!"

cis_groupie

Mine are called "Come here NOW!!" & "Stop that at once!!"

That's like my boys nicknames.........."Nooooooooooooo!!!" & "PUT HIM DOWN!!!"

Banned

niffnoff10

X)my two girls are lauren and Tiphany.My nephews are lewis, Ruaraidh … X)my two girls are lauren and Tiphany.My nephews are lewis, Ruaraidh (sounding roory) Brodie and Seangood luck with ur new baby

That is going to be annoying when she has to correct everyone who spells it Tiff...

OP - don't pick fashionable names, don't use 'original' spellings for names and if she's a girl then avoid stripper names like Crystal.

Edited by: "FilthAndFurry" 6th Apr 2011

I like Isla for a girl.

shopstilldrops

My two are Ellie and Joseph :)Ive noticed a lot of people are reverting … My two are Ellie and Joseph :)Ive noticed a lot of people are reverting back to old fashioned names , epecially for boys , the school i work in theres lots of Georges, Henrys, even one called Bert oO

yeh in our school they have a Harry, Alfie and Emily in one family..lots of georges, a Meadow, Rosina(pronounced rojna) lots of unusual spellings too..

Syzable

That's like my boys nicknames.........."Nooooooooooooo!!!" & "PUT HIM … That's like my boys nicknames.........."Nooooooooooooo!!!" & "PUT HIM DOWN!!!"

our cat thinks she is called 'get down' lol

all i seem to say all day is get down, got off him, stop it, be quiet etc...school hols eh?

Thomas Philip Daniel, Joe, Kimberley Sarah

I wanted Samuel and Lily

Mine are, Joshua Dale, Jack Samuel and Ellie Nicole and my grandson is Layton James

good luck with your new baby

Girl
    Daryl
    Penny
    Mellissa
    Lily

Boy
    Liam
    Max
    Oscar
    Mason

my little man is called Rory we like the fact is not a common name (well not down south anyways)

Banned

Should always be a story or a reason for a name. It's incredibly dull to pick a name out of a book.

It is really hard naming your little one, mine daughters are Sophia, Isabelle-Lily(izzy for short) and Millie-Grace, my nephews are Ethan, Cole, Iestyn(welsh it pronounced yes-tin) and Dylan my nieces are Rose, Zara and Annis.

You'll have a couple of names but until your little one is born you won't know. With Izzy I liked olivia for ages and ages but when she was born I was like, thats an Izzy.X)

plumberman01

our cat thinks she is called 'get down' lolall i seem to say all day is … our cat thinks she is called 'get down' lolall i seem to say all day is get down, got off him, stop it, be quiet etc...school hols eh?

School holidays start next week here.......we are off to Disney so no doubt they'll be fights galore. X)

Syzable

School holidays start next week here.......we are off to Disney so no … School holidays start next week here.......we are off to Disney so no doubt they'll be fights galore. X)

oh wow nice X) we were going to go away i was too lazy to book anything lol
    kids here are in school just 7 days total in april oO

if they behave we'l go the local gym this afternoon and we will take advantage of all the sky kids tickets (daughter has sky)
    i keep throwing them outside to go on the trampoline..only touble is they want to come in when it rains (_;)

plumberman01

oh wow nice X) we were going to go away i was too lazy to book anything … oh wow nice X) we were going to go away i was too lazy to book anything lolkids here are in school just 7 days total in april oOif they behave we'l go the local gym this afternoon and we will take advantage of all the sky kids tickets (daughter has sky)i keep throwing them outside to go on the trampoline..only touble is they want to come in when it rains (_;)

that's why doors have locks!

Don't have any children, but my nephew and nieces names are: Gavin, Ava and Isabella

Original Poster

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions peeps. Some lovely names.

Just when we think we have the right one, it's always ' we can't have that, it reminds me of the boy/girl from school who was really naughty or smelt of bo' ... lol

Girls so far, narrowed down to Olivia Smith, Imogen Smith, Evie Smith and Alexis Smith.

Boys we are really struggling with !!!

oliver, harry, alfie, max are lovely boys names
    rose, lola, lilly, molly, freya are also lovely names
    good luck with the new babe

Mine are Evan and Jaime
    x

Banned

Mine are Jack (13) and Alfie (9)....we were trendsetters at the time they were born.....so lots of them followed soon after.

smithyp1

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions peeps. Some lovely names.Just … Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions peeps. Some lovely names.Just when we think we have the right one, it's always ' we can't have that, it reminds me of the boy/girl from school who was really naughty or smelt of bo' ... lolGirls so far, narrowed down to Olivia Smith, Imogen Smith, Evie Smith and Alexis Smith.Boys we are really struggling with !!!

wait til you try middle names lol

Mine are:

Ebony
    Lakeisha
    TJ
    Shakira

My little bundle are called:
    Justin Charles Lewis
    Ella Nicole
    Chloe Mai
    Also really like Nevaeh (heaven spelt backwards) Leyla and Levi
    BIG CONGRATS ALSO XXX

As above a name will pop up probably out of nowhere maybe even after the birth, wouldn't get to stressed about it atm. As you say the earlier you get a name the longer you have to pick holes in it and find a reason for not having it.

My boys are Daniel Lee and Michael Joseph.
    Michael didn't have a name until he was 3 days old even though we knew we were having a boy!
    Daniels we had chose easily although he was supposed to be Daniel Joseph but the Joseph part didnt suit him so it was changed to Lee when he was born!

We tried to choose a name that wasnt in the family so we didnt huff either side!

Original Poster

greg_68

As above a name will pop up probably out of nowhere maybe even after the … As above a name will pop up probably out of nowhere maybe even after the birth, wouldn't get to stressed about it atm. As you say the earlier you get a name the longer you have to pick holes in it and find a reason for not having it.

Very true .... i was thinking Obafemi for a boy ..... X)

My lot are all girls:

Jodie
    Carly
    Lauren
    Gemma

Mine is Ebony-Mai, but little un's in family are Scarlet, Aston, Kaci, Maddison, Kacey and Aleshia

As said before u will know when u see what suits

My lasses are Skye Brooke and Callie Rose, Skye went nameless for 3 days because she was supposed to be Brooke when she was born but when she arrived she looked nothing like a Brooke, Callie Rose was going to be Darcy, until my mother pulled "the face" which put me off. Got out the baby book to try again and suddenly Callie Rose popped in to my head and I just couldnt get it out. Both my kids love their names.
    I never really call them their names though, they used to be nakedina and nudita as babies because neither of them would keep clothes on. Then Skye became Skyeber monkey for some reason, Skyebee as well (which I have nicked) and her sister is Callandra, Callantha Lou or Callieballybee.
    Oh the joy of messing with kids names....................

smithyp1

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions peeps. Some lovely names.Just … Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions peeps. Some lovely names.Just when we think we have the right one, it's always ' we can't have that, it reminds me of the boy/girl from school who was really naughty or smelt of bo' ... lolGirls so far, narrowed down to Olivia Smith, Imogen Smith, Evie Smith and Alexis Smith.Boys we are really struggling with !!!

Imogen is my fave out of those.. Not sure at all about Alexis, but thats just me

Good luck, and don't stress.. I bet even if you picked one now you will take one look at your newborn and think 'well... actually, she looks like a ____ instead' then change your mind!

Ben and Olivia.............Brats.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions