Expired

BP CUT PRICE FUEL TODAY

Found 26th Jan 2011
JUST PASSED THE BP GARAGE IN EDINBURGH CAUSEWAY SIDE AND THEY HAD A BIG SIGN UP SAYING TODAY CUT PRICE FUEL, NOT SURE IF IT'S NATION WIDE,

16 Comments

Great deal if you can find it, have some heat..

yeh theres one in Wythenshawe Manchester near where I work. Ive never seen a change in price!! think the garages are franchised so its just a gimmick & not a BP thing.

BP being cheaper than anyone else? That's a new one.

Original Poster

Why's this been removed ?

Banned

THE GAFFER

haha at your avatar

THE GAFFER

Probably because it's only a deal if you live near Edinburgh.

Banned

moob

BP being cheaper than anyone else? That's a new one.

I got better economy on BP fual, so if we are going by MPG obtained then I'd say BP are definitely the cheapest.

slamdunkin

I got better economy on BP fual, so if we are going by MPG obtained then … I got better economy on BP fual, so if we are going by MPG obtained then I'd say BP are definitely the cheapest.

BP are generally 2p per litre dearer than their competitors, making it nearly 10p per gallon. I doubt you get that back in increase mileage.

moob

BP are generally 2p per litre dearer than their competitors, making it … BP are generally 2p per litre dearer than their competitors, making it nearly 10p per gallon. I doubt you get that back in increase mileage.

You wish!

Banned

moob

BP are generally 2p per litre dearer than their competitors, making it … BP are generally 2p per litre dearer than their competitors, making it nearly 10p per gallon. I doubt you get that back in increase mileage.

Thanks for the math lesson and for making it clear that I am actually saving money using BP fual.

Your sums show less than 2% increase in cost = a 4-6% rise in the economy of my car when I use BP fuel
Edited by: "slamdunkin" 26th Jan 2011

Banned

Next time I am anywhere near bolton I will get some fuel there.

It is cheaper than manchester up there for some reason.

My local Texaco and BP can't compete with Shell. Both are 5p more expensive on diesel. Shell are always the cheapest in my area.

The Edinburgh Causewayside BP drops the fuel price from stupid prices for 2 days a week but they do it randomly. The price for dieslel was £1.319 so it probably dropped to around £1.289 (is that what it is today?). This is the same as all the supermarket petrol stations in the area.

I haven't seen any other BP do this so it is a one of deal.

slamdunkin

Thanks for the math lesson and for making it clear that I am actually … Thanks for the math lesson and for making it clear that I am actually saving money using BP fual.Your sums show less than 2% increase in cost = a 4-6% rise in the economy of my car when I use BP fuel

'math' ? It's arithmetic, there's no such thing as 'math'.

Anyhoo, say you get 5% better fuel economy on 40mpg, that's 2 miles extra for paying 10p more per gallon. It's not a great saving, rather miniscule, if indeed your car is more efficient by that amount on BP.
Edited by: "moob" 26th Jan 2011

Banned

will check dundee's BP price don't think its been reduced as its on a main carrigeway ( which cuts through the city ) heading towards the motorway.....

they could still be charging few pence more than other places
Edited by: "dj_urban" 26th Jan 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text