Found 25th Jun 2010
Any thoughts on bp shares? they have dropped below the 300p mark..im tempted.

1. Misc
  2. BP
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. BP
28 Comments

they'll go lower

Not sure if this will help your decision but it might:

arrse.co.uk/For…tml

They havn't got out of the problems yet. Don't go for it.

You are tempted to what?

acecatcher3;8917083

You are tempted to what?

Buy BP shares mate, clues in the title :thumbsup: :-D

Lost Symphonies;8917092

Buy BP shares mate, clues in the title :thumbsup: :-D

I can't see the word "buy" anywhere?

Original Poster

acecatcher3;8917083

You are tempted to what?

Wake up and smell the oil! lol :-D

Original Poster

acecatcher3;8917107

Jesus Christ! Lord help you. :thinking:

acecatcher3;8917107

Well he says BP shares, mentions 300p per share, says hes tempted by something, I just added 1+1+1 together and got 3.

modaj1;8917108

Wake up and smell the oil! lol :-D

Haha I just think your op could be read both ways

A) you want to buy shares
B) you want to get rid now (before they continue to lower)

stay clear, they'll continue to go down

Banned

didnt hurt exxon that much in the long term

i think they will go lower, but this time next year, be up a fair percentage, unfortunately, any fine they get told to pay will be held in appeals forever, and the US government will cover most of the cleanup costs, bp will do relatively little

they are also lower due to the temporary suspension of dividends, but that will return next year

in all, its probably just as good a bet buying bp shares than many other companies, it can only get better for bp and plenty more oil in the bottom of the sea for them

never bought any shares or got involved in anything like that, wouldnt even know where to start or where to buy them from, sounds like a good time to start though lol

sorry to hijack, what sites do people use for stock prices?

IMO, The shares will continue to drop until the start getting on top of the spillage, then you will see a slight surge and will slowly start to recover...Hold your nerve and don't buy yet...It will still drop.

just had a quick wizz round and a Halifax shares trading account seems to be the cheapest for trading small amounts!!!

woddle1000;8917401

just had a quick wizz round and a Halifax shares trading account seems to … just had a quick wizz round and a Halifax shares trading account seems to be the cheapest for trading small amounts!!!

interactive invester is £10 per trade not halifax's £11.95.

I'm waiting til they hit 240, thats the time to buy

If you do buy make sure you sell as soon as they recover to a decent price that will give you a nice profit. Don`t be greedy and hang on for a better price. I hung on to mine then recession hit.......they were just recovering from that and now this disaster. I`m regretting it now. Will have to sit on them again for years. :cry:
Watch the news,more bad news go straight into shares charts and watch the price go down even further. The price changes throughout each day and if you watch the price carefully you`ll get an even better bargain. If it is a bargain at the end of all this:w00t: i reckon they will go down further next week.

This is a very good site to keep an eye on their market price.
bp.com/ext…504

rosie2008;8917526

If you do buy make sure you sell as soon as they recover to a decent … If you do buy make sure you sell as soon as they recover to a decent price that will give you a nice profit. Don`t be greedy and hang on for a better price. I hung on to mine then recession hit.......they were just recovering from that and now this disaster. I`m regretting it now. Will have to sit on them again for years. :cry:Watch the news,more bad news go straight into shares charts and watch the price go down even further. The price changes throughout each day and if you watch the price carefully you`ll get an even better bargain. If it is a bargain at the end of all this:w00t: i reckon they will go down further next week.This is a very good site to keep an eye on their market price.http://www.bp.com/extendedsectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9026517&contentId=7048504

Swings and round abouts...I took out my share with BAE cause it had risen and leveled because I wanter to buy my, then, convertable...Straight after that they got a massive overseas contract and the shares rocketed!! I wish I had kept it in now!! lolz

ei8hty5ive;8917550

Swings and round abouts...I took out my share with BAE cause it had risen … Swings and round abouts...I took out my share with BAE cause it had risen and leveled because I wanter to buy my, then, convertable...Straight after that they got a massive overseas contract and the shares rocketed!! I wish I had kept it in now!! lolz

lol. It`s the luck of the game. tbh I`m not in a position now to lose money as my circumstances have changed and this is hitting me really badly as I wanted to sell some:roll:
My ISA has BP tied into it too. I`m in dire straights:w00t::oops: Oh jeez and not forgetting my very small pension plan:w00t:

reckon they will drop to about 250p at some point so hold on. i tipped barclays last year and they were 65p....i got poo pooed!, since then they have been to about 370p

tdogg;8917584

reckon they will drop to about 250p at some point so hold on. i tipped … reckon they will drop to about 250p at some point so hold on. i tipped barclays last year and they were 65p....i got poo pooed!, since then they have been to about 370p

I usually go for banks, military or oil (related) shares. Safe bets!

Banned

interesting.

Its difficult to judge the bottom probably pretty near now best to average down in stages or wait for recovery but by then they could be 20% off bottom or more

Decided to bite the bullet yesterday and buy, also topped up my holding today. Have been saving for a deposit for a house for a while but decided to stick it all in BP instead, bought 7500 shares at an average of £3.12 lol was tempted to sell today for 5%(£1100) profit but better of holding long term.

Rumours that the leak has been capped, once this is the case then can see a quick return over £4 in short term, and with oil prices inevitably rising in the future can see the price recover over long term

Markets in general very worried at the moment and as they say be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy. Some excellent investment opportunities at the moment

Good luck to all those who are long on BP :thumbsup: and I look forward to the dividend payments being restored next year:)

FOGL are to to make an announcement on Monday, regarding their drilling around the Falklands. Rockhopper has already found oil down there, Desire get the drilling platform soon.

treble99;8958835

Decided to bite the bullet yesterday and buy, also topped up my holding … Decided to bite the bullet yesterday and buy, also topped up my holding today. Have been saving for a deposit for a house for a while but decided to stick it all in BP instead, bought 7500 shares at an average of £3.12 lol was tempted to sell today for 5%(£1100) profit but better of holding long term.Rumours that the leak has been capped, once this is the case then can see a quick return over £4 in short term, and with oil prices inevitably rising in the future can see the price recover over long term Markets in general very worried at the moment and as they say be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy. Some excellent investment opportunities at the momentGood luck to all those who are long on BP :thumbsup: and I look forward to the dividend payments being restored next year:)

Wow,would never risk that amount of money if it were for a house deposit.:w00t:
Must admit when I seen the price go down under the £3 mark on monday if I`d had any spare money I would have topped up my holding:oops: I reckon once they get the leak fixed and with some real good PR you`re gonna make a nice tidy profit very soon. It`s still gonna take years for me to gain on mine:roll: Good luck,I`ll be checking your shares as well as mine each day now to see how you`re doing lol.

rosie2008;8959038

Wow,would never risk that amount of money if it were for a house … Wow,would never risk that amount of money if it were for a house deposit.:w00t:Must admit when I seen the price go down under the £3 mark on monday if I`d had any spare money I would have topped up my holding:oops: I reckon once they get the leak fixed and with some real good PR you`re gonna make a nice tidy profit very soon. It`s still gonna take years for me to gain on mine:roll: Good luck,I`ll be checking your shares as well as mine each day now to see how you`re doing lol.

Lol it wasnt easy transferring the money over and acually pressing the button to buy as it isnt really money I can afford to lose but you have to speculate to accumulate as they say, am also hoping to get married later this year so have had to think about renting for a while longer but I promised my fiance that we can buy a nice house and she can have it decorated how she likes once we buy a house which hopefully these BP shares can pay for

Good luck with your holding and I hope your back in profit soon, strongly believe that the share price will recover to £5+ later on in the year and look forward to the divi being paid again.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183
    2. £2.00 Cash Back fron Topcashback on Pumpkins via the app12
    3. Marmite1722
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2382

See more discussions