Groups
    EXPIRED

B&Q Bathroom Installation RIP OFF

Ok, so we are going to get our bathroom done up. Everything done, new lights, radiator, mirror, tiles, new suite, the lot. My uncle is a plumber so we are hoping he can do it but he's very busy and it will be a nightmare as obviously he can't fit it in a day or two like a company can when he's trying work and do this on spare time.

So we saw the B&Q adverts saying half price installation, I thought it might be worth checking out. We went along tonight had a look and asked about a plan. We were told the suite we were looking at (£499) was a take away suite so they couldn't do a plan. I said that was fine but could they give me a price for installation. She said yes, it's around £3000 to fit the suite including the tiling. I said oh that's quite expensive is that half price, she said yes and then I said well obviously that includes the suite, to which she said no. I can't believe for a minute they normally charge around £6000 for this. I think she just saw a young couple and thought we wouldn't be able to afford it and tried to put us off.

Does anyone work at B&Q or had a quote from them, is this a normal price. I just thought this was a joke. Our bathroom is very small no one in the right mind would pay £3000 to get it fitted.

10 Comments

Looks like B&Q could be in trouble soon with those prices, have a look in the local paper etc for some one to install.

Thats insane. £6000 for how many hrs labour? I'm in the wrong business!!!

me and my bro in law are plumbers.. and install kitchens / bathrooms.

If your in the midlands your welcome for a quote :thumbsup:

Hiya,

B&Q are a total rip off. We ordered a kitchen for £2700 in November and the installation was going to be 3k. Then I saw they had a half price sale in Dec so phoned and told them I was going to cancel my kitchen (as it was in the half price sale) and just reorder it again with the half price installation too. Well they told me my £2700 kitchen was now £2900 in the half price sale! What they do is double all the prices from the 1st December then half them for the half price sale so its just a total lie. I cancelled the kitchen altogether. They are just a total joke.

Its mental the amount they charge for installation. You would be so much better just looking in the local paper for someone to put it in.

Leah
    x

when i bought a kitchen from b&q they quoted £1500 to fit, but suggested i look in a local paper to get it done for half - which i did.

if you got someone to help maybe just hire someone for the rest...

Original Poster

Danny_d;4274229

me and my bro in law are plumbers.. and install kitchens / bathrooms.If … me and my bro in law are plumbers.. and install kitchens / bathrooms.If your in the midlands your welcome for a quote :thumbsup:

Thanks but I'm a little away (just outside Glasgow)

was the uncle going to fit it for free? How bout you offer him 500 quid and sunday dinner? ( and smile nicely when you ask lol )

I used to do this until the polish came in and competiion became to fierce!. Used to charge £500 for a suite installed including the suite (basic white). If it was the whole bathroom tiled with flooring and rad replaced, used to work out about £1800 all in. takes about 1 week (long days!) and labour was about £1000.

Supermod

Not to rub it in but I just paid £300 to have my bathroom fitted so you can tell B&Q to go rub it in their hair. They are awful.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4275169

was the uncle going to fit it for free? How bout you offer him 500 quid … was the uncle going to fit it for free? How bout you offer him 500 quid and sunday dinner? ( and smile nicely when you ask lol )

Well I phoned him last night. He said all his usual patter oh I'm so busy, bla bla bla. He said I'll do it in April, I said no, now please! So I said I'll pay you for it, but I know what's he's like he wouldn't want to take anything. I'd prefer to pay him to do it and not muck us around by taking weeks to do it. I also asked him to get a tiler from his work so they can work together. So he said he'll come over on Monday and have a look at the job but Knowing him he prob wont show up. We normally have to pester him for weeks to do jobs.

He has done alot of work in my house for free so I can't really moan, he's moved several radiators, plumbed in my fridge for ice etc, boxed up pipes, odd jobs and he was also my removal man when we moved in!

If he hasn't come over within a week I'm gonny phone some plumbers from my local paper but I believe that they want to know or see the suite yuor getting before giving a price is this right as we haven't 100% decided yet.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764289
    2. ReCore: Definitive Edition releasing August 29th (probably)68
    3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917263
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846195

See more discussions