B&Q Clearance Section

Banned 23
Found 18th Jan 2010
Anyone have any experience of the above?

My local B&Q has a Bosch oven sat in the clearance section. Its been there well over a month now as I have been in and out a few times in this time. Could be doing with a new oven but not exactly desperate.

I asked about the price first time I spotted it and the assistant said he would check as sometimes they have no set cost for clearance items. He came back and was told it was RRP £329.99, but because it was "clearance" they would sell for 10% less. Not a great deal I thought so I left it at that.

Was in again last night and its still sat there, now stickered at £299.99. I again enquired about price to be told they would knock 10% off, but still not a great deal considering they have had it sat there for ages and its unboxed.

So what I'd like to know is - how far will they come down? How hard a bargain do I need to drive?!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
23 Comments

I'd be inclined to just get a manager and say can i have that at £x amount please, got to be worth a try

Original Poster Banned

michelleleemoo;7581569

I'd be inclined to just get a manager and say can i have that at £x … I'd be inclined to just get a manager and say can i have that at £x amount please, got to be worth a try

Thats next on the plan, assuming its still there tomorrow when I go back in!

I've haggled for stuff at B&Q. If its been there long enough, they'll be inclinded to get rid of it at a much reduced price.

whats the cheapest u can buy it online? does it still have a 12 month guarantee?

michelleleemoo;7581569

I'd be inclined to just get a manager and say can i have that at £x … I'd be inclined to just get a manager and say can i have that at £x amount please, got to be worth a try

+1

Having seen the items that B&Q throw in the skip 35 days after it is returned to store, you have nothing to lose

we went into b&q when they were doing their big clearance last september & saw a indesit double oven in the clearance section & asked how much it was as there was no price on it. the guy came back saying that the original price was 399.99 & how much would we be willing to pay for it. we said we didn't know & he said well i've been told i need to get at least 50 pounds for it so we said yes we'll have it for that :-D
worth a try asking the manager :thumbsup:

edjaned;7581717

whats the cheapest u can buy it online? does it still have a 12 month … whats the cheapest u can buy it online? does it still have a 12 month guarantee?

you do still get the 12 month guarantee even if it's unboxed on clearance :thumbsup:

Offer him £200, the worst he can do is reject your offer.

I bought something and there were 3 of them on the shelf with no price on, the assistant said she wanted one so marked them at about 20% of it's original price so she couldget one at that price, I had the other 2.

Original Poster Banned

edjaned;7581717

whats the cheapest u can buy it online? does it still have a 12 month … whats the cheapest u can buy it online? does it still have a 12 month guarantee?

No idea as there is no model number / serial number to check

Original Poster Banned

statto1978;7582299

+1Having seen the items that B&Q throw in the skip 35 days after it is … +1Having seen the items that B&Q throw in the skip 35 days after it is returned to store, you have nothing to lose

Dont think it was a return - think it was ex-display

Plus I think its been there 35 days already!

Original Poster Banned

cheerleader;7582393

we went into b&q when they were doing their big clearance last september … we went into b&q when they were doing their big clearance last september & saw a indesit double oven in the clearance section & asked how much it was as there was no price on it. the guy came back saying that the original price was 399.99 & how much would we be willing to pay for it. we said we didn't know & he said well i've been told i need to get at least 50 pounds for it so we said yes we'll have it for that :-Dworth a try asking the manager :thumbsup:

See I have heard stories like this already. Manager time methinks

dimebars;7583040

See I have heard stories like this already. Manager time methinks

good luck :thumbsup: hope you get it for a bargain price too :-D we got ours when we were doing our kitchen up but couldn't afford to spend hundreds on a cooker so we weren't going to replace it until we managed to get our bargain :-D it was ex display & had a small chip on the handle but for 50 quid we didn't mind :lol:

any news?

Original Poster Banned

Was in last night but was in too much of a hurry to speak to them. The thing was still sat there looking sorry for itself

Manager is in for a grilling on my way home this evening assuming its not sold, but if someones paid £299 for it the world is screwed

dimebars;7602219

Was in last night but was in too much of a hurry to speak to them. The … Was in last night but was in too much of a hurry to speak to them. The thing was still sat there looking sorry for itselfManager is in for a grilling on my way home this evening assuming its not sold, but if someones paid £299 for it the world is screwed

how did you get on with speaking to the manager?

jaysus the suspense is unbearable

Original Poster Banned

michelleleemoo;7617861

jaysus the suspense is unbearable

I like suspenders.........

Oh wait.....

Not been able to get back in - heading there tonight on the way home

Original Poster Banned

Right update

Spoke to the showroom manager last night who offered it at £259, which I still didn't bite at. She had to speak to her manager to get to that price, but she reckons it could go cheaper.

She told me their mark downs are done on a Monday so to check and try again then.

Hoping to get it under £200

dimebars;7631055

Right updateSpoke to the showroom manager last night who offered it at … Right updateSpoke to the showroom manager last night who offered it at £259, which I still didn't bite at. She had to speak to her manager to get to that price, but she reckons it could go cheaper. She told me their mark downs are done on a Monday so to check and try again then.Hoping to get it under £200

is this the branch on Great Western Road? I have had some great things on clearance from that branch

Original Poster Banned

bossyboots;7631084

is this the branch on Great Western Road? I have had some great things … is this the branch on Great Western Road? I have had some great things on clearance from that branch

Nope! But might try there!

dimebars;7631112

Nope! But might try there!

good on you for haggling. I do it too btw - am normally secretly mortified but if its gonna get u a good bit off then go for it.

If u do get it knocked down further bring an oap with u and pay for it on a wednesday and get another 10% off it loool. My parents turned 60 two years ago and I always bring one of them when am going to b&q :-D

good luck!

Original Poster Banned

Monday comes and goes........................

Manager number 2 trys to sell it to me at £280!!!

Yes - more than on Friday! Clowns

there is 15% off tomorrow doubt they will knock it down for u and apply the discount though
diy.com/diy…022
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Video shows nurses laughing as dying WWII vet calls for help33
    2. Massive reductions on PSVR units - UK next?1119
    3. Any PS4 News Here29314089
    4. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …73128
    5. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771909

See more discussions