Expired

B&Q Innocence P Shaped Shower - Anyone Purchased This Product ??

Posted 18th Mar 2011
Purchased the mentioned shower and enclosure from B&Q 18 months ago following a deal on here. Have had a few problems in the past but have always been able to source spares from a company called PJH. Over the past months the runners that hold on the 6mm toughened glass door have yet again broken down and now PJH are saying there will be no more spares for this shower available.

So then i am now in the situation where i have a large family that rely on a shower every day and within the next months i will not be able to use it due to no door runners and a very heavy glass door. I am in the process of filling a complaint with B&Q under the SOG act claiming that the shower is not fit for its purpose. Add to the fact that having spent thousands on the bathroom i have cut in the floor titles around this particular shower tray and also installed wet wall behind it, which is again cut to shape.

So then is there anyone out there that has this shower that is also having problems with the quality of the door runners and the fact that they are constantly failing around the 6 month mark. I phoned PJH and they have logged 4 phone calls since purchase all requesting spare runners. Maybe with others help i can get somewhere, and also be of help to others that may need to make a claim in the future.

Let me know if you have this model and any problems encountered.
Community Updates
Misc
184 Comments
hi littlemissn, read my comments above
Hi Steve I understand the message. I have even tried fb for info. you could look me up on fb at Christine Newton
Hi Christine, unfortunately there's more than one of you :-), you'll have to be more precise but if it helps, I was born in Hackney and studied at Hadlow
Hi Steven i studied GNVQ Health and Social care with a distinction portfolio.
Tried to look but no joy for you
Hi again sorry but desperate for these instructions, tried to search again for info you gave me but no luck. Try the info I gave you and see what happens
stevenburling

Hi Christine, unfortunately there's more than one of you :-), you'll have … Hi Christine, unfortunately there's more than one of you :-), you'll have to be more precise but if it helps, I was born in Hackney and studied at Hadlow

Would you please PM me Steven.
Has anyone managed to replace the on/off valve cartridge or the full valve unit?

The leaking on mine is getting worse so would like to fix it. But worried that I might make it worse!

Can the full front metal cover be taken off with the shower still available in place?

Cheers
Ive not yet attempted a valve strip or removed the front panel on mine but I seem to remember that someone said they had removed the front panel, take a read of the thread again, its in there somewhere
Someone needs to be first replacing valves, might as well be you
Yeah i did see the earlier post but it looked like they had completely dismantled the shower which i dont want to do. Have to summon up the courage to get the valve out. As luck would have it. It has stopped dripping again
Ours has leaked since day one. We stripped the whole thing, cleaned and reassembled it and now it leaks worse than ever. Still on the lookout for a similar shaped replacement.
When I installed mine I also put a bar mixer on one wall so if the tower failed I still had a shower working.
Might be an idea for you vickyo if your happy with the enclosure.
That way you can strip the leaky tower frontplate out for repairs and still have a working shower.
MikeT27th Oct

When I installed mine I also put a bar mixer on one wall so if the tower …When I installed mine I also put a bar mixer on one wall so if the tower failed I still had a shower working.Might be an idea for you vickyo if your happy with the enclosure. That way you can strip the leaky tower frontplate out for repairs and still have a working shower.

Yes I had considered manufacturing a blank plate as a replacement and take out the redundant shower heads and knobs etc. I can't find anything like this unit to replace it, which is a shame as I like the layout despite its faults!
Just purchased a new 3 dial 4 output shower valve set from steamshowerparts.co.uk and 2 15mm brass push on fittings to replace the controls on my B & Q Innocence shower and everything is back working well. You need to buy the screw fitting valve set and the right angled push on fitting to replace 2 of the screw on pipe endings behind the tower as the valve set is slightly different. It's a tight fit but works.
The tower front plate can be very gently levered off and the whole inner valve fitting comes with it. It's then a case of removing the old valve set using lots of limescale remover for the front plates and cutting the old valve at the back to remove it. You can then replace it with the new valve set. Cost me around £145 plus a tube of sealant. Lots cheaper than a new shower, tiling and flooring. After a year of not having a working shower it's great.
Well done Anton, hope you took loads of pictures, we like pics
Looks like the same company do replacement door rollers, another thing these enclosures suffered with.
Antonholl21st Nov 2017

Just purchased a new 3 dial 4 output shower valve set from …Just purchased a new 3 dial 4 output shower valve set from steamshowerparts.co.uk and 2 15mm brass push on fittings to replace the controls on my B & Q Innocence shower and everything is back working well. You need to buy the screw fitting valve set and the right angled push on fitting to replace 2 of the screw on pipe endings behind the tower as the valve set is slightly different. It's a tight fit but works. The tower front plate can be very gently levered off and the whole inner valve fitting comes with it. It's then a case of removing the old valve set using lots of limescale remover for the front plates and cutting the old valve at the back to remove it. You can then replace it with the new valve set. Cost me around £145 plus a tube of sealant. Lots cheaper than a new shower, tiling and flooring. After a year of not having a working shower it's great.

I realise this is an old thread but I live in hope

I am willing to give this a try but I cannot get the tower front cover off.
How did you gently lever it off?

The unit has been dripping for years but its finally got too much.
Have you taken the top cap off? once thats off then look down from there to see the profile and how it clips in, start unclipping one side from the top I would suggest would be the way forward. Not had mine off since installation but if your lucky there may be a picture if you search back through this thread. Good luck & dont forget to come back with photos of anything you do!
Hi. Pleased to see that I’ve been of some use. Sorry, I didn’t take any photos at the time but I can confirm that you take the top cap off to access the inside of the profile where you can start to gently lever the panel off whilst inside the shower cubicle. If your valve has been leaking for some time you may find you’ve got a bit of scale further down but persevere-it’s worth it to have a functioning shower again. Once you’ve got the panel off, you will defo need to use scale remover to get the valves out as well as cutting them away but it can be done without too much damage and the new unit has cover
plates which helps disguise any scratches. Good luck. Mine is still working well!
Thanks for the replies. I have managed to get the cover off, i found it would prise off from the right hand side but not the left?!?!
i have replaced the valve with one from steamshowerparts.co.uk. Scale was a real problem, i had to hacksaw the old valve to get it off. Just have a few minor scratches on the fasicia but never mind.

my problem now is with connecting the internal hoses to the new valve. The divertor on the old valve had 4 connectors in an X shape. The new one has the bottom two connectors horizontal so the hoses dont reach. I have bought some 90 deg plastic elbows but now the valve with connectors is too wide to fit back in the main unit

help!
We need photo's lots of them of the old and new to not only help you but for others who follow with the same problems, also quote part numbers for replacement parts.
Miket. I have taken loads of photos. I hope to write a web page detailing what i have done and bought to fix it. Once i have fixed it
Well you need to post some pics up in this thread so we can see what was and what is now, remember most of us have not seen the inside of that tower for many years so cant offer advice without a refreasher.
Miket: your wish is my command.
this photo is of the old shower valve. At the too You can see that the hoses are in an X arrangement.
35700651-ZgCOu.jpg
This is the new valve with the bottom two horizontal hose attachments connected to 90 degree elbows:

35700651-5jOxc.jpgYou can see that with the elbows attached it is now wider than the fascia plate and wont fit back into the shower channel

You can see in the first photo how i had to cut the valve to get it out.
i also had to hacksaw the temperature valve cover on the front as it wouldnt unscrew:
35700747-OcYXR.jpgI used some very thin metal sheet taped around the cover to protect it from the hacksaw blade

you can also see the mess the limescale has made underneath the valve covers. Cillit bang and viakal hasnt managed to clean it all off. It seems to have etched into the metal surface

Edited by: "ps1k0" 19th Oct 2018
Well thats never going to fit is it. You really needed to return that and get the correct one, I did link to one with the cross one page back.
About the only way I can see you getting away with the control you now have would be to drill holes in the side of the case, pipe it up in copper and do a big U turn back in lower down. Horrid. Best get the correct item I think.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions