Groups

BQ mobiles?

Does anyone have any experience with BQ phones?

Been looking at this one on AliExpress but on the BQ website and Amazon it's more like £160+...?

aliexpress.com/ite…tml

6 Comments

i had an M5 for a while, pretty decent handset and the option to install cyanogen on it instead of waiting for the official android update. good price for a non-chinese branded phone

hello, I bought two of these phones (from this aliexpress seller). I was pleasantly surprised, the phones are legit, which is saying something as bq are selling these for 209 euros (around 200 pounds). I must say for £67 (that was what I paid, price may differ for you as per the exchange rate on the day) you really can't go wrong. metal build, fingerprint scanner, Sd 430, 2gb ram 16g ROM, an excellent 16 MP camera in good lighting conditions (almost useless in low light, but aren't most budget phones like that?). and the latest vanilla android Nougat 7.1.1. (updated mine without any issues, although I manually flashed the official nougat rom from the bq website). and I think it also supports band 20 (please double check that though), gsmarena has the full specs.

oh and a little bit about bq, they are a popular smartphone brand in Spain and around Europe.

Original Poster

The official BQ website (https://www.bq.com/en/aquaris-u-plus) says it has Band 20

"4G (LTE) FDD (800/1800/2100/2600) - (B20/B3/B1/B7)"

might plump for the cheaper one, don't need/want fingerprint scanner and the camera is similar on each, and the cheaper U has NFC but looks like the U Plus doesn't have it, it has the fingerprint scanner instead...?
    Edited by: "DingIs" 11th May

oh that's good then, if it has band 20. oh and the cheaper one has a 13 MP camera with a low aperture of f 2.2, while the more expensive one has a better 16 MP camera. and I suppose I understand why the fingerprint scanner is not important to you over NFC (not sure bout the NFC feature will have to double check), if you use android pay a lot. also I am not sure of the cheaper one will upgrade to nougat 7.1.1. overall I am very satisfied with the one I bought, the plus model. planning to buy another one soon, if they last...

Original Poster

csreal1

oh that's good then, if it has band 20. oh and the cheaper one has a 13 … oh that's good then, if it has band 20. oh and the cheaper one has a 13 MP camera with a low aperture of f 2.2, while the more expensive one has a better 16 MP camera. and I suppose I understand why the fingerprint scanner is not important to you over NFC (not sure bout the NFC feature will have to double check), if you use android pay a lot. also I am not sure of the cheaper one will upgrade to nougat 7.1.1. overall I am very satisfied with the one I bought, the plus model. planning to buy another one soon, if they last...

Cameras fine for me, and will be using NFC more than a slightly better camera or fingerprint. There is already the updates on the BQ website for 7.1.1 update to download for all 3 versions of the U... bq.com/en/…ist

Ordered one, got £4.97 cashback on Quidco as well, so £57.65 delivered... here's hoping...!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions