Brake pad grease?

Posted 11th Oct
Which grease do you guys use on the rear of the pad?
Also which grease on the shims?

I have been using copper grease. But it seems to be becoming the less popular grease for brakes.

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Copper last time I done mine
Nothing wrong with copper grease, it's just a bit messy and a bit expensive nowadays.
I use white marine grease theese days, also use the clear marine grease for general greasing of stuff.

You just need something which takes high temp and is sticky basically. It's also better when greasing the pins up, as folks tend to fire jetwashes at their brakes
MonkeysUncle11/10/2019 22:00

Nothing wrong with copper grease, it's just a bit messy and a bit …Nothing wrong with copper grease, it's just a bit messy and a bit expensive nowadays. I use white marine grease theese days, also use the clear marine grease for general greasing of stuff.You just need something which takes high temp and is sticky basically. It's also better when greasing the pins up, as folks tend to fire jetwashes at their brakes

Could I use silicone grease on the shims and rear of the pad? Out of curiosity
If it works why worry ?
Don’t use copper grease, use this stuff Ceratec
carparts4less.co.uk/p/p…250 17% off with code WEEKEND17

I thought the current theory against using copper slip is that it attracts holds onto dirt - but also see on the above link it suggests copper can interere with the operation of the ABS sensors.. I used copper slip for years without any problem but now used the above product.
expandingmaan12/10/2019 04:32

Could I use silicone grease on the shims and rear of the pad? Out of …Could I use silicone grease on the shims and rear of the pad? Out of curiosity

expandingmaan12/10/2019 04:32

Could I use silicone grease on the shims and rear of the pad? Out of …Could I use silicone grease on the shims and rear of the pad? Out of curiosity

Yes, so long as its high temp stuff.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants