Groups

Brand New Golf GTI 6 Month Lease

Hi everyone

Just wanted to find out people views on this:

My friend works at VW and added me to her Wmployee Car Scheme

I got a brand new Golf GTI with loads of extras for 6 Months at £370 a month. There's no deposit that needs paying as well. 6000 miles is the limit. Probably do 3000-4000

Work out just over £2k over the period. Personally I thought it was an amazing deal

What do you guys think?

15 Comments

well it'll loose a hell of a lot more than £2k in the first 6 months so seems good to me

I think that's seems expensive.

£2k to have a Golf (or most cars) for 6 months seems like a terrible deal regardless of any extras.

seems a bit expensive although hard to judge as such a short lease. I got a gti lease for 2 years just before Xmas which is about £230 a month including the deposit spread over 24 months.

But hey for 6 months I would have taken the lease too!

6 month lease? Don't see the point. Cars are crap until there is some decent mileage on the clock

Did you shop around being buying this? Cos that seems quite expensive and 6 months is a short lease, which I guess is costing you even more than if it were 12-24 months.

dcx_badass

£2k to have a Golf (or most cars) for 6 months seems like a terrible deal … £2k to have a Golf (or most cars) for 6 months seems like a terrible deal regardless of any extras.

​well I think buying brand new cars is a waste of money but it will have cost this person alot less leasing it vs buying and selling the car if he did that so seems fair enough. the golf gti is around 28k+ new so not really too bad vs some people putting lease deals on here for cars worth around 10k-14k which cost about 4k over 3 or 4 years lease.

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

Did you shop around being buying this? Cos that seems quite expensive and … Did you shop around being buying this? Cos that seems quite expensive and 6 months is a short lease, which I guess is costing you even more than if it were 12-24 months.

Not really since it's only 6 months. I can change cars after 6 months or not get a car.

Not really impressed, and renewing every 6 months would be a pain ass.
    Edited by: "nbgrobbo" 19th Feb

Original Poster

Im seeing a lot of mixed views. I guess this all comes down to personal preference. I like new cars and I also like to keep changing them so this seemed pretty ideal to me.

Yes £370 did sound expensive but since there's no deposit (usually £3k -£4k) thought it suited

Please keep an open mind on this, don't forget that after 6 months I can either change or not get a car so when comparing to long term contracts, it doesn't make much sense.

Please keep em coming guys! - much appreciated
    Edited by: "camroncarter" 19th Feb

All depends on how many miles you can do.

camroncarter

Im seeing a lot of mixed views. I guess this all comes down to personal … Im seeing a lot of mixed views. I guess this all comes down to personal preference. I like new cars and I also like to keep changing them so this seemed pretty ideal to me. Yes £370 did sound expensive but since there's no deposit (usually £3k -£4k) thought it suited Please keep an open mind on this, don't forget that after 6 months I can either change or not get a car so when comparing to long term contracts, it doesn't make much sense. Please keep em coming guys! - much appreciated

Thanks for the reminder to keep an open mind.

I think it's good due to being able to change after 6 month. This is the period I usually get bored of the car and fancy a change but stuck in a two year lease. Looks like you pay the premium though.

Nexustar

seems a bit expensive although hard to judge as such a short lease. I … seems a bit expensive although hard to judge as such a short lease. I got a gti lease for 2 years just before Xmas which is about £230 a month including the deposit spread over 24 months.But hey for 6 months I would have taken the lease too!

​where did you get your gti lease?

I also think it's a lot per month for only 6 months. A 2 year lease for about 200 per month would be much better. I'm sure the 6 months will fly by! Ask about the Golf R too!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win £30,000 and a Parkdean Holiday Home with ITV Daytime (Postal/Text/Phone…99
      2. E: 23/10 (+4) Win £40,000, Mercedes GLA & Cliveden House Trip with X Factor…44
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3999
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515

See more discussions