Brand new washer dryer not working properly

Found 4th Apr 2017
Hi all,

I bought a new washer dryer in January, however it's working really poorly. So far clothes are coming out still smelling of sweat and also with lots of white soap marks on the clothes.

It cost £450 and has only been installed for about 6 weeks.

Can anyone advise on the next best steps? I've already opened a ticket with Beko and they are sending an engineer out. However I got the impression that it's unlikely that they will replace it and think I'll probably have to take the hit and fork out for a new machine.

Thanks in advance

(http://ao.com/product/wdir7543101-beko-washer-dryer-white-37029-2.aspx?&WT.z_PT=MDA&WT.z_AT=washer%20dryer&WT.z_MT=Search&WT.z_RTM=PLA&WT.z_MAT=Beko&WT.z_FT=Built%20In&WT.z_DT=m&WT.z_PC=WDIR7543101_WH&WT.srch=1&wt.z_cn=MDA%20-%20Washer%20Dryers%20-%20Beko&wt.z_ag=brand%20type&wt.z_kw=WDIR7543101_WH&gclid=Cj0KEQjwiI3HBRDv0q_qhqXZ-N4BEiQAOTiCHqF-tguNvBw_PCa6rZUMv-lJH3f-K1-ZB1Nda4H2O84aAjsM8P8HAQ)
Community Updates
23 Comments
You will have to let them attempt a repair, if that doesn't work then you have the right to reject for a refund
You can send it back to AO before the six months is up assuming it's faulty.
OMG isn't it under warranty most appliances have at least one year doesn't beko cover that...plus when I get my washer I gt D and g to cover the warranty for an additional one year...
Why wouldn't the engineer fix it? Your already acting like the engineer said it's working fine..
They are sending an engineer. Wait and see.
We have had issues with our range cooker. Each time the engineer came they fixed it 1st time or ordered a part. Once it was an electrical fault not part of the cooker. They still fixed it.
We have called engineers and paid for a visit on our tumble dryer. It was fixed by them no problem.

Soap marks sound like either it's on the wrong temp or not heating the water enough to dissolve the washpowder. This could just be a faulty heating element. Which I'm sure would be simple for the engineer to order and replace.

I don't know any warranty that gives new for old apart from DOA goods. (Faulty out of the box)

LG Drums have a 10 Year warranty. You think if one breaks after 2 years they will be sending customers a new machine without even sending an engineer to check? Think again.
Edited by: "Dawsy" 4th Apr 2017
What temps are you washing at ? I know a non bio at 40degrees isn't going to get the smell of sweat out with a bucket load of conditioner.
I had an eco washer and found that because it didn't use much water, residual soap powder was still on the clothes after washing, so I had to change to a liquid and this worked, no other issues. As for smell of sweat, I agree it could be a temperature problem because the bacteria that causes the smell is not being destroyed.
Why did you go to Beko and not AO.com? I thought you were supposed to go to who you buy it from?
use liquid soap do extra rinse add Dettol bacteria killer and a conditioner that smells nice
do extra spin at highest rpm then only dry a small load at a time
then you will be ok?
Hi all thanks for all the replies, to answer a few questions;

- ok I'll see what the engineer says, however I'm concerned because there is nothing obviously wrong with the machine.

- washing at 40 with liquitabs and fabric softener

- we went to ao whose phone line just puts you through direct to beko
just sounds like it's not pumping the waste water out fully. Blocked waste pipe possibly or faulty pump.
I stopped using lights tabs. As even though they are suppose to dissolve they leave a gooey residue in the machine and then on the clothes. Have you tried the hottest wash you have. Plus a washing machine cleaner then a hot wash again.
Also clear out the filter as the gloop collects there as well. My engineer told me to avoid liquid tabs on colder washes.
Peter9588

Hi all thanks for all the replies, to answer a few questions;- ok I'll … Hi all thanks for all the replies, to answer a few questions;- ok I'll see what the engineer says, however I'm concerned because there is nothing obviously wrong with the machine.

That's why you're not an engineer
A japes says, sounds like it's not fully emptying. There will be a switch that stops the pump when it's drained all the water. If it's faulty and not draining all the water then you are not getting a proper rinse -just diluting the dirty water that remains.
If the machine it's only for months old you will have no problem -they will either fix it out if they can't you should demand a refund. They may try to exchange with a substitute machine of a 'similar spec', which would be ok if it was eleven months into a year warranty, But so soon after buying it I wouldn't accept someone else's refurbished faulty machine.
Edited by: "mrty" 5th Apr 2017
I would strongly advise to NOT USE LIQUID, It will clog all your waste pipes and make your washing machine smell!. Sure you might not have powder residues but it will gunk everything up.

Sounds like it's not getting up to temperature.
benjammin316

That's why you're not an engineer

Fair point
Thanks everyone ill see what the engineer says.
Does it have filters? Perhaps they are blocked? I've had that with our old washer, blocks up and clothes smell, clean it out and all good,
Sounds like user error.
why would 50ml of liquid detergent which dissolves completely ( better than tabs or powder) in about I gallon of water clog your waste pipe or even leave a smell - no prof whatsoever it's utter rubbish!!
westy125

Does it have filters? Perhaps they are blocked? I've had that with our … Does it have filters? Perhaps they are blocked? I've had that with our old washer, blocks up and clothes smell, clean it out and all good,

Checked that, been in use about 6/8 weeks, was nothing there
you're probably just overfilling it
sowotsdis

why would 50ml of liquid detergent which dissolves completely ( better … why would 50ml of liquid detergent which dissolves completely ( better than tabs or powder) in about I gallon of water clog your waste pipe or even leave a smell - no prof whatsoever it's utter rubbish!!

because liquids have no bleaching agents so dont prevent the formation of algae etc in the pipework

plus, powders clean much better than liquids and works out far cheaper too.

conversation.which.co.uk/hom…es/

muswell-hill.com/bus…tml

sowotsdis

why would 50ml of liquid detergent which dissolves completely ( better … why would 50ml of liquid detergent which dissolves completely ( better than tabs or powder) in about I gallon of water clog your waste pipe or even leave a smell - no prof whatsoever it's utter rubbish!!

It's fact, believe it or not, I'm surprised other members haven't commented. It's quite common knowledge that liquid tends to makes your machine smelly etc. Might not be has much an issue if you do regular hot washes.

I thought the same as you until our washer started to smell, the washing performance wasn't as good as powder either.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants