Brands Chavs Wear

Found 1st Nov 2011
What brands do you consider chavvy?
Which brands are turning chavvy?

i now just buy clothes for M & S (blue harbour/ autograph) as they have pretty smart clothes and no chavs closeby.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
58 Comments
a'wight you melt

http://ts6.gazettelive.co.uk/PaulDebrick_sonalignleft.jpg
Banned
M & S
Lyle and Scott Barbour have all become really chavvy
I just wear Adidas trackies, tee shirts and trainers now innit, don't want to look like a scally chav.
Thinking about pulling the shellsuit out of waldrobe
Banned
i wouldn't say ''chav brands'' more a case of ''brands chavs wear''.
Banned
Superdry fo sho.
Kappaaa

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/RosieWoo/pollard.jpg
Original Poster
master_chief

Superdry fo sho.

superdry hasn't turned chav .............

yet
Edited by: "ps3fanboy35" 1st Nov 2011
I wear what I like. If I think it looks good I'll wear it. I dont avoid a brand because mainstream toffs think its chavvy and I dont wear baseball caps because Im not 14.

Mainly jeans and t shirts, or 3/4 lengths and tshirts in summer.
Original Poster
browny24

Lyle and Scott Barbour have all become really chavvy

lyle & scott has turned chav
Original Poster
jonny619447

I wear what I like. If I think it looks good I'll wear it. I dont avoid a … I wear what I like. If I think it looks good I'll wear it. I dont avoid a brand because mainstream toffs think its chavvy and I dont wear baseball caps because Im not 14. Mainly jeans and t shirts, or 3/4 lengths and tshirts in summer.

so you got with the indie look and go to topman.................
Banned
The thing is though, before we know it every new brand will be deemed it. As soon as a few people start to set the trend for it the country seems to follow.
Mackenzie
Umbro
Bench
Lonsdale

Superdry is on the cusp - just as I started buying it lol
Original Poster
shergold

M & S

I have seen chavs wearing shirts and chinos ..............(_;)
Original Poster
tallpete33

MackenzieUmbroBenchLonsdaleSuperdry is on the cusp - just as I started … MackenzieUmbroBenchLonsdaleSuperdry is on the cusp - just as I started buying it lol

No need to mention the obvious ones.

Superdry is very appealing to chavs

Original Poster
Fred Perry?
Vans?
Jack Wills?
Hollister?
Superdry, henleys, helly hanson, the obligatory burberry...

Wear vintage, that's what I do... Granted I end uo looking like sam tyler but it's a small price to pay...
everyone says burberry and yeah you see my picture in the first post, but in reality their stuff is expensive lol. If its a proper jacket etc you're looking at hundreds of pounds. I dont think its really chav wear...unless you look like benefit scum and walk around with a burberry baseball cap on, then it is.
man at c&a
Original Poster
numptyj

everyone says burberry and yeah you see my picture in the first post, but … everyone says burberry and yeah you see my picture in the first post, but in reality their stuff is expensive lol. If its a proper jacket etc you're looking at hundreds of pounds. I dont think its really chav wear...unless you look like benefit scum and walk around with a burberry baseball cap on, then it is.

burberry is still decent
gucci and ralph lauren?
too many fakes making it affordable for chavs
Banned
numptyj

everyone says burberry and yeah you see my picture in the first post, but … everyone says burberry and yeah you see my picture in the first post, but in reality their stuff is expensive lol. If its a proper jacket etc you're looking at hundreds of pounds. I dont think its really chav wear...unless you look like benefit scum and walk around with a burberry baseball cap on, then it is.

Yes, the same with stone island numpty,raulph lauren etc... really expensive quality brands.

its the fakes on the market that the chavs get hold of cheaply giving it a bad name.
Henleys, I can't see Jack Wills or Hollister as mentioned above becoming a chav brand though. How do these chavs afford these brands?
Lyle and scott is but not to sure about barbour hitting that rank just yet.

Ive gone back to Fifa and the retro lacoste polos now haha
Superdry since it went cheap on fleabay, gio goi, henleys, Mackenzie and bench - combined with any baseball cap and the using the obligatory phrase 'innit.'
Who cares just wear what you like
Original Poster
gbspurs

Who cares just wear what you like

i like to go around naked with just a fig leaf........................
whatever is knock off at the market basically

lyle and scott
superdry
jack wills
henlys
hollister
polo
barbour
bench

is that enough?
ps3fanboy35

i like to go around naked with just a fig leaf........................

I like to digest my food.
numptyj

The shame of it is, its the expensive brands that they like in order to big dem bad selves up
They give a brand a sudden boost in sales, but then the sales almost collapse not so long after.
I can definitely see Superdry falling foul of this and even Abercrombie & Fitch in the not too distant future. Shame as these brands make quality well-designed clothes for the most part.
Lacoste.
emmalampkin

Lacoste.

lol Yep. I found it weird when they came back into fashion. You could buy their stuff for silly cheap prices for years a bit like Kappa and a few others that the sports outlet shops sell.
I buy and wear what I like, I don't even consider what label it has.

This country has become obsessed with badges/labels.
Chavs cannot afford genuine Stone Island products.
Why is Britain so obsessed with this labelling culture. Who are you to say that someone is a chav, just based on the clothes that they wear. I wear tracksuits and caps, however I also wear a suit to work. Does that make me a chav? If so i'm glad i'm a chav rather than an insecure pompous arrogant individual who makes their self feel better by looking down on others.

Edited by: "CFC_Mark" 2nd Nov 2011
Well, I buy all my clothes from Primark
CFC_Mark

Why is Britain so obsessed with this labelling culture. Who are you to … Why is Britain so obsessed with this labelling culture. Who are you to say that someone is a chav, just based on the clothes that they wear. I wear tracksuits and caps, however I also wear a suit to work. Does that make me a chav? If so i'm glad i'm a chav rather than an insecure pompous arrogant individual who makes their self feel better by looking down on others.

^^This
CFC_Mark

Why is Britain so obsessed with this labelling culture. Who are you to … Why is Britain so obsessed with this labelling culture. Who are you to say that someone is a chav, just based on the clothes that they wear. I wear tracksuits and caps, however I also wear a suit to work. Does that make me a chav? If so i'm glad i'm a chav rather than an insecure pompous arrogant individual who makes their self feel better by looking down on others.

Speak for yourself. I am quite proud of my chav status. I've worked hard to get to this point, wouldn't want to lose the respect.
Yeah you are a Chav^^^.
Edited by: "MarzBarz" 2nd Nov 2011
Banned
I would have to disagree and say that no matter how expensive genine Burberry may be, it will never lose its chav association.
MarzBarz

Chavs cannot afford genuine Stone Island products.

It's not that expensive and anyone on decent enough benefits (without wanting to turn this into yet another benefits thread) will be able to afford it...

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants