Brasher Boots

Found 16th Sep 2017
Purchased some Brasher Gortex walking boots for fishing and dog walking ect they have lasted over 7 years.

Are they still the same quality? I have heard maybe not?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Brasher is either owned by or has the same parent as Berghaus. As such I thought the Brasher brand had been dropped for boots and you could only get Berghaus ones now. The designs were carried over just branded differently. This was a few years back.
The Brasher brand was incorporated into the Berghaus brand in 2015. Both Berghaus and Brasher are now owned by Pentland. Brasher were also originally British made, then Portugal, then India and then finally China. Since the Pentland takeover the quality has dropped significantly apparently though they claimed that they would improve the Hillmaster by using top quality Pittards leather and switching to a Vibram sole, though with the same wide-spaced lugs to help clear mud.

I also owned a pair of Brasher boots a few years back and nearly bought a new pair a couple of years ago though read that the quality had dropped since alright, I read that the material is now substandard. I can't remember though the originals apparently had the full name of Chris Brasher engraved on their boots, after that only the name Brasher appeared.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 16th Sep 2017
According to Wikipedia: The Group’s brand management division, Pentland Brands, now comprises a portfolio of brands covering sports, outdoor and fashion. It manages owned brands such as Speedo, Canterbury of New Zealand, Berghaus, Brasher, Mitre, Prostar, Boxfresh, KangaROOS and Red or Dead; and also operates, under global licenses, the footwear of Lacoste and Ted Baker, and Kickers in the UK. Pentland is also a minority shareholder for other brands including Hunter Boot Ltd, Heidi Klein and Butterfly Twists.

I also just read the following comment on another website though do bear in mind that this is just one out of many.

The same company that bought Hunter wellies and turned them from excellent hard working and long lasting boots in the poorly made substandard rubbish they sell to the fashion victims. Oh dear I really hope this does not spell the end of Brashers as we knew them.
If you decide to go for another make instead I can't recommend Teva highly enough. Really comfortable and waterproof, I don't even bother with hiking socks with them now, just a normal pair of socks. I've had mine for about 7 years now and they have survived 6 Glastonbury festivals along with the usual wear! Nowhere near worn out, in fact the soles are barely even worn and they get used very regularly. Hth
nhoops16 h, 46 m ago

If you decide to go for another make instead I can't recommend Teva highly …If you decide to go for another make instead I can't recommend Teva highly enough. Really comfortable and waterproof, I don't even bother with hiking socks with them now, just a normal pair of socks. I've had mine for about 7 years now and they have survived 6 Glastonbury festivals along with the usual wear! Nowhere near worn out, in fact the soles are barely even worn and they get used very regularly. Hth

Worth shopping around for too if you can. Just had a quick look on Google Shopping, it's currently possible to pick up a pair of the Teva Arrowood WP's for £45 on Amazon.

megashopbot.com/
Edited by: "LemonHead" 17th Sep 2017
LemonHead10 h, 45 m ago

Worth shopping around for too if you can. Just had a quick look on Google …Worth shopping around for too if you can. Just had a quick look on Google Shopping, it's currently possible to pick up a pair of the Teva Arrowood WP's for £45 on Amazon.http://www.megashopbot.com/

Wow! That's an absolute bargain! Tempted to buy a pair in reserve at that price even though they will need to stay in storage for ages until they will be needed!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants