Braun 8500 rechargeable toothbrush question

Hi all,
I was just wondering if you lot can answer me this simple question...
Scince I got this toothbrush for christmas off the kids it only ever gets put on charge when it starts bleeping at me as there is no electrical point in my bathroom .
Tonight we put power to the bathroom so now my brush can sit on its dock as it should do.
My question is should i have it on charge 24/7 or just charge it when needed?
thanks guys and girls

10 Comments

I would say when required.

every charge decreases lifespan of battery

We always let our toothbrushes run out their charge before recharging again.

Original Poster

thanks guys, its been going good so far, still as powerful as the first charge,
as they say dont interfere with something thats not broken
rep left ty

Banned

they are meant to be on charge 24/7.

they will only take charge when needed anyway.

Banned

Always let it run flat before a recharge extends the life.:thumbsup:

Banned

RUDOLF;5978011

Always let it run flat before a recharge extends the life.:thumbsup:

All this talk about conditioning your batteries and fully discharging before recharging was true for ni-cads and less so for ni-mh batteries but is dangerous talk for li-ion batteries which work best when regularly "topped up" so ignore the advice in the handbook about keeping the brush on permanent charge at your peril.

Banned

just read that the cheaper models (7000 and below) have ni-cad batteries and the ones above have li-on which last much longer.

guess that partially explains the price differentials.

so, it all depends what model you have. I have the 8000 and leave it on 24/7

after a 2 minute brush, it charges for about 30 mins.

Original Poster

thanks for your replies, im cursed when it comes to batteries, bought loads of rechargeables fort my kids toys and none of them work when i put them in (yes they are fully charged :-P )
so have to use normal ones lol

Banned

*roosterpots*;5981019

thanks for your replies, im cursed when it comes to batteries, bought … thanks for your replies, im cursed when it comes to batteries, bought loads of rechargeables fort my kids toys and none of them work when i put them in (yes they are fully charged :-P )so have to use normal ones lol

my mistake. 8000+ range are also nimh so just use until about 50% gone and then re-charge
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764032
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213603
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 511

See more discussions