Braun series 9 vs Phillips

Found 12th Dec 2017
Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy my dad a new shaver.
He had a really old phillishave one with 3 heads but hardly used it and preferred his foil shaver. Thinking of buying a braun series 9 as the other ones have packed up.
Just wanted to ask a decent price point for these. I've seen them range from 150-250!
I think he'd be fine without a cleaning station but does anyone who has one recommend buying it... And which model and any decent deals out there!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

I have the series 9, had it for over 4 months now, very happy with it, paid full price £220 at the time, no regrets, really smooth shave, quick charging and self cleaning, they were on sale on amazon a few weeks back, its a shame you didn't get it then, let me also tell you its clearly better than the cheaper models, and gives better results compared to every other foil shaver I've used, and if your dad prefers foil shavers don't even think about buying philips, since the main deciding factor between them is preference

Also consider Panasonic LV95 or LV65.
Many believe they are superior to Braun.
shavers.co.uk usually have great deals..

Neither - as per Tequila, Panasonic craps all over those two. Ditto on using Shavers.co.uk

Bigfootpete8 h, 37 m ago

Neither - as per Tequila, Panasonic craps all over those two. Ditto on …Neither - as per Tequila, Panasonic craps all over those two. Ditto on using Shavers.co.uk

Really? I returned my panasonic since it didnt work for me, always left some patches after shaving

braun one any time, the 7 series are also excellent, if you can wait they have been coming and going on Amazon recently near the £100 mark and the 7 could have been had for £60 odd a couple of weeks ago.

Original Poster

eslick50 m ago

braun one any time, the 7 series are also excellent, if you can wait they …braun one any time, the 7 series are also excellent, if you can wait they have been coming and going on Amazon recently near the £100 mark and the 7 could have been had for £60 odd a couple of weeks ago.

yup, im keeping a eye on the 9 series. I think if im going to spend, i might as well get the best! Ive seen them on ebay but im really reluctant to make a expensive electronic purchase on ebay... rather pay a bit more at amazon but theyre around the 200 pound mark now! i missed out on the deal in november but fingers crossed its on before xmas!

Original Poster

Ps... They have the 9299cc for 150 in boots but not sure If that's a good deal
Tequila17 h, 58 m ago

Also consider Panasonic LV95 or LV65.Many believe they are superior to …Also consider Panasonic LV95 or LV65.Many believe they are superior to Braun.shavers.co.uk usually have great deals..

Edited by: "dasachmo" 13th Dec 2017

Salstech4 h, 43 m ago

Really? I returned my panasonic since it didnt work for me, always left …Really? I returned my panasonic since it didnt work for me, always left some patches after shaving

Which model? I've got the LV65, best shaver I've ever had, and I've had a few. Only the really expensive Braun might come close.

Their lower models don't have the linear drive which means the motor speed stays constant regardless of the battery energy left.

Lower end Panasonics and low /mid range Brauns are rubbish tbh.

get medium range or high end Panasonic or high end Braun only.

Panasonic LV65 and LV95 are high end and excellent.

Panasonic RF31 is mid range but good also.

Braun anything under series 7 is useless imo.

Panasonic LV65 should be around £80
RF31 around £50

Tequila5 m ago

Lower end Panasonics and low /mid range Brauns are rubbish tbh.get medium …Lower end Panasonics and low /mid range Brauns are rubbish tbh.get medium range or high end Panasonic or high end Braun only.Panasonic LV65 and LV95 are high end and excellent.Panasonic RF31 is mid range but good also.Braun anything under series 7 is useless imo.Panasonic LV65 should be around £80RF31 around £50

I agree but still personally panasonic and philips didn't work as good as braun for me,

Original Poster

Would everyone rate the Panasonic LV95 better then the series 9?
May just get that although I don't think my dad has ever had a Panasonic shaver before.

dasachmo7 h, 13 m ago

yup, im keeping a eye on the 9 series. I think if im going to spend, i …yup, im keeping a eye on the 9 series. I think if im going to spend, i might as well get the best! Ive seen them on ebay but im really reluctant to make a expensive electronic purchase on ebay... rather pay a bit more at amazon but theyre around the 200 pound mark now! i missed out on the deal in november but fingers crossed its on before xmas!

Deal of the day, cheapest this version has been was high £150s

amazon.co.uk/Bra…h=1

eslick3 h, 23 m ago

Deal of the day, cheapest this version has been was high £150s …Deal of the day, cheapest this version has been was high £150s https://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-Electric-Station-Rechargeable-Cordless/dp/B01IN8LCHU/ref=gbps_tit_m-5_400d_550cd3d7?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=41b59d33-6fa7-4fe3-8692-913f2221400d&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=14351804031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=B9WZ72YANEY4X8ARC9P0&th=1

Super cheap nice catch

Original Poster

Great timing!
Just had a question for everyone who might have it...
Is that cleaning station worth it?

Oh. And that other one that was £99... I think that was different right?
Edited by: "dasachmo" 14th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text