Brave Browser - Free chromium based browser with Built in Adblocker that doesnt get detected

Posted 5th Jun 2020
brave.com/

Just wanted to share this new browser ive found.
Normally i use Chrome (or more recently the new chromium edge browser) with an adblocker extension. But the problem is there are websites that detect you're running an adblocker and put an overlay on demanding you to disable it.

Every site i've tested so far, the Brave browser blocks the ads and ive not once been nagged about disabling the adblocker.

There are a couple of useful extensions i always use too:

Idontcareaboutcookies: Stops the "accept cookies" banners that appear on almost every website (including HUKD)

Buster: Captcha solver: If you get one of those annoying "click the pictures of the bus/traffic light/crosswalk" you can just click on this and it will solve it for you.
Community Updates
Misc
18 Comments
Been using this for over a year. Awesome browser, just like Chrome but better, faster, and doesn’t require as much power as Chrome
Not really an offer as its always free. Find it breaks quite a few sites with its ad block and privacy settings. Have gone back to edge with network level ad blocker.
Had this changed this before and was pretty good still got some pop ups and issues do switched to android Firefox with ublock origin
deleted2117661
I just use Firefox and a dns ad blocker
DaveG4605/06/2020 21:55

Had this changed this before and was pretty good still got some pop ups …Had this changed this before and was pretty good still got some pop ups and issues do switched to android Firefox with ublock origin

Also with privacy badger/https everywhere.....for advance privacy try Firefox with steroid addons as above with few others.
Edited by: "Gohan123" 5th Jun
From the Wiki page

"Brave is developed by Brave Software, which was founded on 28 May 2015 "
What’s good for using on iOS?
twinkle.eyes05/06/2020 22:53

Safari. Nothing wrong with, install Adguard (Free) from app store
Edited by: "Myriad" 5th Jun
I use brave as far less of a resource hog than Firefox and clears ram properly unlike Firefox

Much quicker too.
Shame they can't sort out the sync. It stopped working on the window's version a while ago, which is annoying as I've been using this as my main browser for a while now
twinkle.eyes05/06/2020 22:53

Brave browser. Works cross platform

Another tip for everyone is to use Google's own bookmarking. It's an online bookmarker so no app and cross platform as all you need is a browser
Edited by: "wayners" 6th Jun
wayners06/06/2020 13:41

Brave browser. Works cross platformAnother tip for everyone is to use …Brave browser. Works cross platformAnother tip for everyone is to use Google's own bookmarking. It's an online bookmarker so no app and cross platform as all you need is a browser

How do you use that with brave? Is there anything to install?
wayners06/06/2020 13:41

Brave browser. Works cross platformAnother tip for everyone is to use …Brave browser. Works cross platformAnother tip for everyone is to use Google's own bookmarking. It's an online bookmarker so no app and cross platform as all you need is a browser

How does it work cross platform? Didn't even think the pc version backed up bookmarks anywhere. I have to back mine up manually
chocci06/06/2020 15:31

How does it work cross platform? Didn't even think the pc version backed …How does it work cross platform? Didn't even think the pc version backed up bookmarks anywhere. I have to back mine up manually

I've given up with browser bookmaking. I use Googles own bookmarking which is just Internet based. Any device with a browser you own can get access assuming you have a Google account
google.com/bookmarks

I use several browsers on different devices so this works for me
wayners06/06/2020 15:54

I've given up with browser bookmaking. I use Googles own bookmarking which …I've given up with browser bookmaking. I use Googles own bookmarking which is just Internet based. Any device with a browser you own can get access assuming you have a Google account google.com/bookmarksI use several browsers on different devices so this works for me

If I used this would it merge my brave bookmarks with my existing chrome ones? If it adds the brave ones under a separate node then I'd give it a try
I add manually cut and paste. google.com/bookmarks/ is different from the bookmarks you have in your chrome browser. Maybe other ways of saving bookmarks but this works for me.

I like the labels..

I have one for shopping, work, travel, forums ect...
Then have one browser bookmark on each device that takes me there. Simple, it's all self explanatory
@endofdays

Online bookmarking site. And Google run..

As for brave browser banking and shopping I turn off the blocking by tapping the lion. Blocking some background data can mess things up. Not a problem though
twitter.com/Coi…577

Brave just as dodgy, stick to chrome+ublock origin if you have decent enough pc it don't matter
Post a comment
@
    Text