Groups

Bravo James Ward: queens Club Semi-Finalist

Britain's James Ward, ranked 216 in the world. reaches the last four of the Aegon Championship.

This is a huge achievement, especially given clowns like bogdanovic have been given a Wimbledon wildcard for years with no success - reaching second round in a blue-moon.

8 Comments

Original Poster

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/53358000/jpg/_53358052_james_ward_getty.jpg
    British number two James Ward continued his incredible run at Queen's Club by posting two victories on a dramatic day to join Andy Murray in the semi-finals.

The Londoner, ranked 216 in the world, completed a rain-delayed third-round match against defending champion Sam Querrey, before returning a little over three hours later to defeat world number 54 Adrian Mannarino 6-2 6-7 (14-16) 6-4 in the quarter-finals

news.bbc.co.uk/spo…stm

Supermod

I followed it today and it was fantastic. Considering he was a break down in the 3rd set he player remarkably well.

british number 2 rated 216th in the world,

everyone stop typing and pick up a tennis racket!

Supermod

r4ge

british number 2 rated 216th in the world,everyone stop typing and pick … british number 2 rated 216th in the world,everyone stop typing and pick up a tennis racket!

What that statistic doesn't tell you is that he is 216th out of 217. I am 217th.

Original Poster

r4ge

british number 2 rated 216th in the world,everyone stop typing and pick … british number 2 rated 216th in the world,everyone stop typing and pick up a tennis racket!

He's actually one who's had to try, ynlike hen-boy and now the overpampered 'I can beat Nadal [best of 3] Murray!.

Actually, do - It's an outrageously good game and you require good stamina levels and copious amounts of agility if played at a good speed. It's a game that has remained elitist in this country for far too long; most large Europa countries - and dumps like Serbia even - have a few in the top 100, let alone 300!

This amkes it even more remarkable; completed a rain-delayed third-round match against defending champion Sam Querrey, before returning a little over three hours later to defeat world number 54 Adrian Mannarino 6-2 6-7 (14-16) 6

He threw a match-point away in the second and as Jay mentioned, was a break down immediately in the third and for anyone who plays tennis, a break is bad enough, let alone in this circumstance!

He defo deserves a wildcard if not already qualified for SW19.
    Edited by: "Punjab" 10th Jun 2011

magicjay1986

What that statistic doesn't tell you is that he is 216th out of 217. I am … What that statistic doesn't tell you is that he is 216th out of 217. I am 217th.

i bet all that tennis practice on wii sports helped!

Supermod

r4ge

i bet all that tennis practice on wii sports helped!

I have never had to step foot on a tennis court because of the Wii! (_;)

Supermod

Punjab

He's actually one who's had to try, ynlike hen-boy and now the … He's actually one who's had to try, ynlike hen-boy and now the overpampered 'I can beat Nadal [best of 3] Murray!.Actually, do - It's an outrageously good game and you require good stamina levels and copious amounts of agility if played at a good speed. It's a game that has remained elitist in this country for far too long; most large Europa countries - and dumps like Serbia even - have a few in the top 100, let alone 300!This amkes it even more remarkable; completed a rain-delayed third-round match against defending champion Sam Querrey, before returning a little over three hours later to defeat world number 54 Adrian Mannarino 6-2 6-7 (14-16) 6He threw a match-point away in the second and as Jay mentioned, was a break down immediately in the third and for anyone who plays tennis, a break is bad enough, let alone in this circumstance!He defo deserves a wildcard if not already qualified for SW19.

He threw away seven match points! Which makes it more incredible he won.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764364
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32174
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846231
      4. The State on Ch411

See more discussions