Bread problem

Found 21st Jun
Basicaaaaly...
I am that sort of person that buys bread thinking we will consume it but we end up with loads of bread. I keep my bread in the fridge so it doesn’t go off easily. Now I have a large bag of sliced bread it’s been in the fridge for nearly 2 weeks. I don’t want to throw it away in to the bin....
I want to feed the little ducks and birds near us but it’s not legal and I could get fined.
This might sound a little weird for you but I want to find a solution.
AND DONT SAY DONT BUY BREAD
thankssssss
Community Updates
AskBread
Top comments
Make bread pudding with it Yum!
Also don't keep it in the fridge, it dries it out and goes stale quicker.
Is merry000 mutleys multi?
Freeze what you don't use and then use if for toast as an when you need it.
48 Comments
Not legal to feed birds bread????
Freeze what you don't use and then use if for toast as an when you need it.
mastablasta2 m ago

Lots of places won't let you. The cafe/shop in our park sells duck food for feeding the ducks.
Make bread pudding with it Yum!
Also don't keep it in the fridge, it dries it out and goes stale quicker.
Let the bread dry out, then crumb it. Freeze the crumbs and use for making your own stuffing.
Bread actually goes stale quicker if you keep it in the fridge. I make breadcrumbs with any leftover bread
chowhound.com/foo…ge/
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 21st Jun
I second bread pudding!
Mmmmm need to ask my nan to make some for me as her's is EPIC!
bread is not particularly healthy for birds thats why a lot of place have signs up
psychobitchfromhell12 m ago

Bread actually goes stale quicker if you keep it in the fridge. I make …Bread actually goes stale quicker if you keep it in the fridge. I make breadcrumbs with any leftover breadhttps://www.chowhound.com/food-news/149193/is-it-ok-to-store-sliced-bread-in-the-fridge/

Sheldon explains it better
youtu.be/M2K…1Vg
Is merry000 mutleys multi?
Storing bread in the fridge makes it go off quicker than using a bread bin for example.
mastablasta55 m ago

Correct. Not sure why
Dyslexic_Dog48 m ago

Make bread pudding with it Yum!Also don't keep it in the fridge, it dries …Make bread pudding with it Yum!Also don't keep it in the fridge, it dries it out and goes stale quicker.

Thank youuu
mrty45 m ago

Let the bread dry out, then crumb it. Freeze the crumbs and use for making …Let the bread dry out, then crumb it. Freeze the crumbs and use for making your own stuffing.

Great idea. Thanks
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell6 m ago

Storing bread in the fridge makes it go off quicker than using a bread bin …Storing bread in the fridge makes it go off quicker than using a bread bin for example.

Oh alright. Thanks
Make sandwiches and offer them to the homeless (not using the stale bread, but any leftover bread before it goes off).
Make bread pudding, bread sauce, treacle tart, taramasalata....use the breadcrumbs in home made burgers/meatballs/fishcakes, or make eggy bread, croutons - drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 mins with a bit of salt/pepper and garlic, then freeze the croutons. Turn it into bruschetta or make canapés cases by rolling it thinly and baking slowly.

Freeze it on the day (or two after) purchase and take a slice out as you need it.
SOME SUGGESTIONS WHICH DON'T INCLUDE "DON'T BUY BREAD" AS REQUESTED:

1) BUY FEWER BREAD

2) THROW BREAD AT PEOPLE

3) SEND BREAD IN POST TO HUNGRY PEOPLE ON ANOTHER CONTINENT

That's it, sorry, I'm out of ideas now.

I hope this helps! Have a great day!
Fruit is plentiful at the moment. Make queen of puddings.
Merry00036 m ago

Great idea. Thanks

Alternatively use breadcrumbs to make your own sausages.... Don't use sausage eat, mince cheap cuts of meat, add a little seasoning and breadcrumbs. Think of the kudos when you invite friends over for a barbecue.
Treboeth58 m ago

Sheldon explains it better https://youtu.be/M2KJfuPj1Vg

My son used to get nicknamed Sheldon at school. He has aspergers syndrome. That is exactly the sort of thing he would say
Buy only what you can eat
Merry0002 h, 40 m ago

What?

He's suggesting that you might actually be Mutley (a very regular contributor on here) but using a different identity.
I can see what he's thinking, this is exactly the sort of question we would expect Mutley to ask!
Edited by: "Delbert.Grady" 21st Jun
Delbert.Grady3 m ago

He's suggesting that you might actually be Mutley (a very regular …He's suggesting that you might actually be Mutley (a very regular contributor on here) but using a different identity.I can see what he's thinking, this is exactly the sort of question we would expect Mutley to ask!

I don’t understand
napior49 m ago

Buy only what you can eat

But I can’t calculate
You are a heathen for keeping bread in the fridge!!!

It goes stale so quickly in the fridge.
sicklysweet1 m ago

You are a heathen for keeping bread in the fridge!!!It goes stale so …You are a heathen for keeping bread in the fridge!!!It goes stale so quickly in the fridge.

I won’t from now on
A) never keep bread in the fridge, it goes stale

B) buy smaller loaves of bread & buy more often

C) freeze bread you won’t use. You can even toast it from frozen.
Merry00029 s ago

I won’t from now on

My work here is done
I'm the only one in my house that eats bread and I buy Hovis best of both medium sliced. When I buy a new one I divide the loaf into three and put two in the freezer. When it's defrosted it's as good as new and I never waste any.
We just stick a fresh loaf in the freezer and take slices out as and when we need them. They defrost in minutes by themselves or if you want toast stick it in a toaster and they're ready to eat no defrosting needed. I don't bother trying to keep bread fresh anymore this system works for us and i never have stale bread or have to throw it away
Merry0009 h, 14 m ago

I don’t understand

Almost definitely Mutley then ! Do you find you don't eat all the bread because you eat more cake and biscuits instead . Your reply should allow us to determine if you are indeed related to Mutley.
Infractionboi21st Jun

bread is not particularly healthy for birds thats why a lot of place have …bread is not particularly healthy for birds thats why a lot of place have signs up

Bread is not particularly healthy fur humans, either, at least not the type that litters most supermarket shelves.
O.P instead of creating lots of different replies you can create one reply, just click quote when your cursor is on a new line to quote another person...
Bigfootpete1 h, 29 m ago

O.P instead of creating lots of different replies you can create one …O.P instead of creating lots of different replies you can create one reply, just click quote when your cursor is on a new line to quote another person...

But that doesn't get their post count increased at such a rate
Go to a local Pond at night and put it all there the fish and ducks will eat it
Go up to the local park and when no one is looking drop pieces of bread about.

If not, cut a hole in your trouser pocket, and secretly drop pieces out the bottom off your trouser leg!
Merry00013 h, 9 m ago

I don’t understand

It's okay mutley1. Neither do we
tinkerbellian4 h, 21 m ago

Almost definitely Mutley then ! Do you find you don't eat all the bread …Almost definitely Mutley then ! Do you find you don't eat all the bread because you eat more cake and biscuits instead . Your reply should allow us to determine if you are indeed related to Mutley.

Who the f is Mutley
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants