Groups

Breadmaker measurements

Can anyone tell me the exact measurement of flour for a 900gm loaf? I was given a breadmaker, but the measuring cup was not included, and the booklet only says to put three and a third cup loads in the pan.

8 Comments

1 oz = 30 gm
    2 oz = 60 gm
    4 oz = 110 gm
    8 oz = 230 gm
    12 oz = 340 gm
    1 lb = 450 gm
    1 lb 4 oz = 570 gm
    1 lb 8 oz = 680 gm
    1 lb 12 oz = 800 gm
    2 lb = 900 gm

dont know what a cup is but i will have a look

Original Poster

Thanks Jeany. Yes, it is the cup amount I need. You'd think they'd give an alternative way of measuring:) I have a feeling three and third cups is around 500gms.

Predikuesi;7502049

Thanks Jeany. Yes, it is the cup amount I need. You'd think they'd give … Thanks Jeany. Yes, it is the cup amount I need. You'd think they'd give an alternative way of measuring:) I have a feeling three and third cups is around 500gms.

can you not weigh the other ingredients then make it up to 900 gm with flour

Original Poster

jeany123;7502054

can you not weigh the other ingredients then make it up to 900 grams with … can you not weigh the other ingredients then make it up to 900 grams with flour

Good point. Glad to see someone's brain is working at this early hour:thumbsup:

i read somewhere that a American cup is bigger than a English cup in weighing lol
    Hope it turns out well I love home made bread

Original Poster

Everything is bigger in the US isn't it, or so they say (think):)

1 cup = 250 ml or 8 fluid ounces according to the measure that came with my breadmaker

My breadmaker uses 4 cups of flour to make a 2lb loaf. 1 cup is equivalent to 144 grams (white flour).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC77
      2. Boxes for moving house?55
      3. Speccing a gaming pc36
      4. Kitchen tap replacement22

See more discussions