Breakdown cover

Posted 26th Feb
Would you take break down cover as part of insurance or would you take it seperately ?

£38 for road side with insurance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
How much is it separately?
rogan179126/02/2020 21:22

How much is it separately?

haven't checked, it's a passat 2008 model deisel 2.0
Check if separate
Maybe cheaper
I used these last year and just renewed groupon.co.uk/dea…t-6 £32 for the year for my 1974 motor (falls into the over 10 years old as yours will) what I like is they give you the option of paying another fiver on top that will cover your insurance excess if you claim (max claim is £500) it means I could have a voluntary excess of £350 on top if the compulsory £100 that brought my insurance down from just under £250 to £202 for the year fuly comp.. Had one occasion to use last year and had recovery to me within 20 minutes. If you put any code in thats not valid it will offer you 10% off.
harlzter26/02/2020 21:50

I used these last year and just renewed …I used these last year and just renewed https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/emergency-assist-6 £32 for the year for my 1974 motor (falls into the over 10 years old as yours will) what I like is they give you the option of paying another fiver on top that will cover your insurance excess if you claim (max claim is £500) it means I could have a voluntary excess of £350 on top if the compulsory £100 that brought my insurance down from just under £250 to £202 for the year fuly comp.. Had one occasion to use last year and had recovery to me within 20 minutes. If you put any code in thats not valid it will offer you 10% off.

So if you make an insurance claim they will pay your total excess or just the voluntary excess?
rimalpatel00726/02/2020 22:11

So if you make an insurance claim they will pay your total excess or just …So if you make an insurance claim they will pay your total excess or just the voluntary excess?

Total of up to £500.
Hunt_Deal_Hunt26/02/2020 21:29

How are we meant to know which is better for you then?

Are you wanting us to get the quotes for you?
Wouldn't get roadside - not worth it IMO.
roadside separate would be more than £38 but you can get TCB cashback to reduce the cost. we have AA cover and that gives us 20% off restaurant bills so we save a lot more money from the member discount than we have to pay for the roadside cover as we eat out regularly.
Hunt_Deal_Hunt26/02/2020 21:29

If literally roadside (only), £38 seems kinda poor, but will depend on what is covered and what is excluded. Have you seen the t&c? What about non-breakdowns, such as lost keys, vandalism, missfuelling, road traffic accident, etc? If the patrol can't sort a repair at the roadside, do you and your vehicle just get dumped outside nearest garage workshop at 1am and receive a wave from the patrol as it drives away? Really need more detail of what £38 provides.
Have a look at Start Rescue
I'd recommend Rescue My Car

You can opt to pay a £40 excess should you need to call them out if you want the cheapest and take a gamble.

I've only had to use breakdown once in 16 years of driving ( Minimum 10k a year ) so for me it's worth the gamble.
You need to check your insurance policies. A lot of policies will not cover vehicles over 10 years.
Willy_Wonka27/02/2020 10:43

You need to check your insurance policies. A lot of policies will not …You need to check your insurance policies. A lot of policies will not cover vehicles over 10 years.

really ? never heard of that...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants