Groups

Breakdown cover needed

Looking for car breakdown cover, what do you people recommend? Definitely need national recovery. Would prefer not to pay an excess if i had to call them out also just cover for the car thank you.

12 Comments

Fortunately I've never had to use them since joining, but start rescue. The reviews are promising and price is decent. You can also get cashback via cashback sites.

They also have a smartphone app which saves a phone call if you do breakdown.

Start rescue vote from me also

Been with start rescue for four years now haven't had a need to use them thou, so can't really comment on their service, the prices are good thou .
    Won't however be renewing with them as Ford gave me free breakdown cover with my annual service, so no requirement for it this year

Check bank accounts. can sometimes get a £10 per month bank account which includes mobile phone insurance and breakdown cover..
    I'm with Lloyd's and have it. But I also have a work scheme free one also.

If you have tesco vouchers spare you can get RAC membership free via clubcard.

Start rescue. Called them out twice, both times came quickly.

I'm with AA, not the cheapest for breakdown cover though. I get gold membership for £46 which I think is a bit steep but AA have always been good when I've had to get them out.

autoexpress.co.uk/car…016

Start Rescue, had to use them a couple of times and both were very good

I alternate every year between RAC and AA using cashback sites as a new customer. Generally get roadside , recovery and at home for about £50 after cashback. The cashback has never failed me , but it does take sometime to come through. I see RAC are 'faster Payers' on TCB this year, we'll see!

Original Poster

Going with start rescue thanks people

Check Quidco, I got 20% off going through them.

just saw this, hopefully its not too late. but there was an ad on tv from greenflag, saying they would price match
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)814
      2. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer34
      3. No Dead Pixel Guarantee?22
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits710

See more discussions