Breakdown cover query?

Posted 18th Jan 2023
I've got a course to do in Northampton which is a 250 mile drive for me, approximately 4.5 hours drive.
I'll be there for 13 days before driving back another 250 miles.
The travel from my accommodation to the training centre is only 10 miles total daily.
I just worry my old car is going to breakdown miles away or car won't start when I need to get to the training centre.
Can anyone recommend a decent (cheap) breakdown/recovery service I could maybe join for the time I'm away?
I've seen some really cheap deals on HUKDs like 'BeSmart' but I'd sooner listen to recommendations from members.
If BeSmart are reliable I'll just take cover out with them.
I just have this massive fear of being stuck somewhere on a motorway miles from home😁
Thanks for any recommendations.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'm guessing public transport isn't an option? To be honest I've found cars like occasional long journeys, you might find that 250 miles actually does your car a bit of good rather than cause it to struggle.

I've been with Autoaid and Rescue my car for a few years now, great service and great prices. You could be a bit clever and try and get a refund afterwards, but to be honest we've always had breakdown cover for our cars just for peace of mind.
    I rotate each year from Autoaid to Smart Rescue to Rescue my car. Have used them all on call outs over the years. All were more than acceptable service.
    Try a quote from car insurance
    Emergency assist is another name I hear often.
    AA although dearer, but some of the cheaper ones have restrictions. Whatever you decide do read the small print regarding motorway recovery, home start, roadside breakdown, garage repair location etc, ie everything!
    Actually I found AA to have the biggest restrictions. Even from the first time I was with them they made sure to remind me they only allow four callouts a year, and will charge for anything that is considered a recurring fault (IE they've been called out for it before). As you say it's all in the small print.
's avatar
Top Merchants